0.7 Fresh set-up, Grid mode

Jor3l Boa
Hello there,

I'm installing .7 with Grid mode, everything seems to be fine, have ROBUST running and started OpenSim.exe with grid mode enabled, then created a region / estate name but now is asking for Estate owner first/last name and always return 'Unable to store account if this simulator is connected to a grid,' Any idea how to do this, is there a ROBUST command to create the user?

Thanks in advance,

Re: 0.7 Fresh set-up, Grid mode

Diva Canto
You need to create that account before you try to register the region.

On 6/16/2010 6:12 PM, Jor3l Boa wrote:
Hello there,

I'm installing .7 with Grid mode, everything seems to be fine, have ROBUST running and started OpenSim.exe with grid mode enabled, then created a region / estate name but now is asking for Estate owner first/last name and always return 'Unable to store account if this simulator is connected to a grid,' Any idea how to do this, is there a ROBUST command to create the user?

Thanks in advance,
_______________________________________________ Opensim-users mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users

Multiple Regions Servers

Mespelt, Don

Sorry if this is a stupid question but it seems to me I could setup multiple Region servers pointing to the same backend Robust servers.  Would this work or would I blow something up?  My thought would be to have multiple little regions all on different servers that you could teleport between.

Am I way off here?

Thank you,

-          D

Re: Multiple Regions Servers

Mespelt, Don

Told ya it was a silly question.  ;)

I just didn’t want to setup a bunch more servers when the Robust ones in the back weren’t that tasked. Adding single Region servers made more sense but I wanted to ask before I killed something.

Thank you!

Re: Multiple Regions Servers

Master_Mirage
Mespelt, Don wrote
Sorry if this is a stupid question but it seems to me I could setup multiple Region servers pointing to the same backend Robust servers.  Would this work or would I blow something up?  My thought would be to have multiple little regions all on different servers that you could teleport between.
Am I way off here?

Thank you,

-          D

Works just fine like that and quite scaleable too :)
Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com

Re: Multiple Regions Servers

Opensimfan
Master_Mirage:  i cant find your website, can you check link or if websit is running?  thanks
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+