2 info on sim server best practices

paul emery

Hi,

Am running osgrid regions on a win server. Wonder if people can point me to info on server maintenance and tweaking best practices.

Paul Emery

http://3dcolab.com

517-881-9837

1017 Crescent St. NE

Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Re: 2 info on sim server best practices

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
My Windows 2003 Server 64 Bit doesnt need some tweeking to run opensim.
As long as it has enough RAM and decent processor power you will be good.
Maintenace is only keeping windows up-2-date !

Backup of your regions can be automated with the help of the command-script functions
in the console window .. here is a starter .. http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Backing_Up_WIN

all this IMHO,

best regards
Wordformthe Wise