2nd birthday wows

Charles Krinke-3
There are a number of wows that we could do for the 2nd birthday. We already have a few like the HyperGrid demo.

If in addition, we could get a demo of clickable prim with position and a hyperlink, a demo of drawing some graphics with the drawing on a prim logic that Mw added last year and a few other demonstrations of features as part of this, it would help OpenSim significantly.

So, ... I am suggesting that anything that can be done to setup a few demos of OpenSim features like this and others will help us all and want to encourage a few folks to look into it over the next 10 days or so until the birthday celebration on Jan 29th.

Charles

Re: 2nd birthday wows

mw-2
I have a realtime in world "media board" that allows users/avatars to draw on it by touching the prim surface and moving the mouse while holding done the button. So it is using the prim surface touch position feature that you were asking about the other day (although its not using LSL).

It also allows you to drag and drop textures on the board, that then open up in a resizable window. And lastly acts as live vnc client to show a remote desktop in a resizable window on the prim. All this is in realtime to the user and there are no delays for instance with texture swapping.

This is all in a module so in theory I could set up a public demo on say osgrid. But its also still at a prototype stage so I'm not completely sure I will get the time to get it ready for a big public demo. But I could have a look into it.

Charles Krinke <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are a number of wows that we could do for the 2nd birthday. We already have a few like the HyperGrid demo.

If in addition, we could get a demo of clickable prim with position and a hyperlink, a demo of drawing some graphics with the drawing on a prim logic that Mw added last year and a few other demonstrations of features as part of this, it would help OpenSim significantly.

So, ... I am suggesting that anything that can be done to setup a few demos of OpenSim features like this and others will help us all and want to encourage a few folks to look into it over the next 10 days or so until the birthday celebration on Jan 29th.

Charles

Re: 2nd birthday wows

Fish_Kungfu
> And lastly acts as live vnc client to show a remote desktop in a resizable window on the prim.

/me can't stop drooling.  This sounds awesome!  I'd love to see a demo.

Cheers...Fish  ;-p

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 6:08 AM, MW <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Diva Canto
We need to start adding all of this info to the celebration program.
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Second_Birthday

Everyone -- if you have some interesting content in your sims, please let the world know!
This 2nd Bthday celebration is an opportunity for all of us to take some time to visit each others' sims.

MW wrote:
[...]

Sean Dague-2
MW wrote:
> I have a realtime in world "media board" that allows users/avatars to draw on it by touching the prim surface and moving the mouse while holding done the button. So it is using the prim surface touch position feature that you were asking about the other day (although its not using LSL).
>
> It also allows you to drag and drop textures on the board, that then open up in a resizable window. And lastly acts as live vnc client to show a remote desktop in a resizable window on the prim. All this is in realtime to the user and there are no delays for instance with texture swapping.
>
> This is all in a module so in theory I could set up a public demo on say osgrid. But its also still at a prototype stage so I'm not completely sure I will get the time to get it ready for a big public demo. But I could have a look into it.

Any chance this could make it's way into trunk?  I'd love to play with
it/help out.

        -Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade