3di web page viewer

Paul Fishwick
I see that 3di has announced a firefox plugin. Has anyone tried it?

http://3di-opensim.com/openviewer/ff_install.html

I wonder if there is a version where the pop-up screens are in English, or
lacking that, any clues as to which buttons to press to install and use
the plugin on existing opensim content? We'd like to try embedding some
of our content on a web page...

-p

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs

Re: 3di web page viewer

Teravus Ovares
No, they took the demo down that they used to have up at
http://3di-opensim.com/demo-ec/ and replaced it with a video.   So,
even though there is something to download, it still doesn't do you
any good unless you contact them for a demo.

Regards

Teravus

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Paul Fishwick<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see that 3di has announced a firefox plugin. Has anyone tried it?
>
> http://3di-opensim.com/openviewer/ff_install.html
>
> I wonder if there is a version where the pop-up screens are in English, or
> lacking that, any clues as to which buttons to press to install and use
> the plugin on existing opensim content? We'd like to try embedding some
> of our content on a web page...
>
> -p
>
> --
> Paul Fishwick, PhD
> Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
> University of Florida
> Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
> Bldg. CSE, Room 301
> P.O. Box 116120
> Gainesville, FL 32611
> Email: [hidden email]
> Phone: (352) 392-1414
> Fax: (352) 392-1220
> Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick

Re: 3di web page viewer

Cairo Serevi
Well, you can download the ActiveX setup by following this link:
http://3di-opensim.com/openviewer/product/3Di_OpenViewer_Setup_IE.exe

Find a manual here (in japanese, though):
http://3di-opensim.com/openviewer/backlog/1.0/3Di_OpenViewer_user01-00.pdf

And a description about the ActiveX and the parameters (mainly in english) here:
http://3di-opensim.com/openviewer/backlog/1.0/3Di_OpenViewer_web01-00.pdf

Am just trying to figure out, how to set up this thingy.

c.

2009/8/15 Paul Fishwick <[hidden email]>
[...]

Stefan Andersson-3

I’ve tried my best to get this going, but to no avail. If anybody has been successful in setting it up on either FF or IE, please blog about it and supply your html. This thing could be really useful, if it can be made to actually work.

(Of course, me running on IE7 and FF3.5.2 might complicate things)

/Stefan

Re: 3di web page viewer

Robert Klein
I downloaded the PDF file then went to http://translate.google.com/?hl=en# and selected upload document. Make sure you choose Japanese to English of course. The translation helped me to install it but I still can't figure out how to actually run the plugin. I have some Japanese friends in SL I will touch base with and see if they can figure it out.

-Robert

Stefan Andersson-3 wrote

2009/8/15 Paul Fishwick <fishwick@cise.ufl.edu>

I see that 3di has announced a firefox plugin. Has anyone tried it?

http://3di-opensim.com/openviewer/ff_install.html

I wonder if there is a version where the pop-up screens are in English, or
lacking that, any clues as to which buttons to press to install and use
the plugin on existing opensim content? We'd like to try embedding some
of our content on a web page...

-p

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
University of Florida
Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
Bldg. CSE, Room 301
P.O. Box 116120
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: fishwick@cise.ufl.edu
Phone: (352) 392-1414
Fax: (352) 392-1220
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick <http://www.cise.ufl.edu/%7Efishwick>

Fwd: 3di web page viewer

Alexandr Demin

If anyone still interested about 3di-OpenViewer web-embedding, here is a litle "framework" :) for your big experiments.

Best Regards

Stefan Andersson-3 wrote:

> I've tried my best to get this going, but to no avail. If anybody has been
> successful in setting it up on either FF or IE, please blog about it and
> supply your html. This thing could be really useful, if it can be made to
> actually work.
>

> (Of course, me running on IE7 and FF3.5.2 might complicate things)
>
> /Stefan

3di.zip (15K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: 3di web page viewer

Timmy.Stewart
Well I have looked it all over and there is one thing that I cant figure. That is no matter what I change in the files it still is looking for information on the 3DI site and it wont try logging into the URI I put in for it. The only parts of the file I can figure it is is the part that is not english?

Stefan Andersson-3 wrote:

> I've tried my best to get this going, but to no avail. If anybody has been
> successful in setting it up on either FF or IE, please blog about it and
> supply your html. This thing could be really useful, if it can be made to
> actually work.
>

> (Of course, me running on IE7 and FF3.5.2 might complicate things)
>
> /Stefan

Dezso Zoltan
Hello,

I'm Zaki and I work at 3Di on the Viewer project, among others. As we were first targeting the Japanese market, unfortunately many of our materials are still only in Japanese. We are working on creating and publishing those in English soon, but in the meantime, if you want to try the viewer, I've written a brief how-to: http://zaki.asia/?p=86

Let me know is something is unclear.

Give the viewer a try and your comments or suggestions are always appreciated.

Regards,
Zaki

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Paul Fishwick<fishwick at cise.ufl.edu> wrote:
> I see that 3di has announced a firefox plugin. Has anyone tried it?
>
> http://3di-opensim.com/openviewer/ff_install.html
>
> I wonder if there is a version where the pop-up screens are in English, or
> lacking that, any clues as to which buttons to press to install and use
> the plugin on existing opensim content? We'd like to try embedding some
> of our content on a web page...
>
> -p
>
> --
> Paul Fishwick, PhD
> Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
> University of Florida
> Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
> Bldg. CSE, Room 301
> P.O. Box 116120
> Gainesville, FL 32611
> Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
> Phone: (352) 392-1414
> Fax: (352) 392-1220
> Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick

Re: 3di web page viewer

Paul Fishwick
Zaki
 Thanks for your nice work on this - I could not interact with my
opensim world
using the Firefox approach so perhaps I should start with one of your
worlds.
This experience and others, lead me to the following questions and an
observation:

 1) Is there a list of interaction keys and mouse movements that are
supposed to be used?

 2) What are the URLs, port numbers, and usernames/passwords that we can
use to
      log into your server?

 3) Let us know if and when your browser viewer can accept all assets
(including avatar
     and textures) from pre-existing opensim servers. Without this, your
viewer is limited
     to assets your company creates.

Thanks.

-paul

Dezso Zoltan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm Zaki and I work at 3Di on the Viewer project, among others. As we
> were first targeting the Japanese market, unfortunately many of our
> materials are still only in Japanese. We are working on creating and
> publishing those in English soon, but in the meantime, if you want to
> try the viewer, I've written a brief how-to: http://zaki.asia/?p=86
>
> Let me know is something is unclear.
>
> Give the viewer a try and your comments or suggestions are always
> appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Zaki
>
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Paul Fishwick<fishwick at
> cise.ufl.edu <http://cise.ufl.edu>> wrote:
> > I see that 3di has announced a firefox plugin. Has anyone tried it?
> >
> > http://3di-opensim.com/openviewer/ff_install.html
> >
> > I wonder if there is a version where the pop-up screens are in
> English, or
> > lacking that, any clues as to which buttons to press to install and use
> > the plugin on existing opensim content? We'd like to try embedding some
> > of our content on a web page...
> >
> > -p
> >
> > --
> > Paul Fishwick, PhD
> > Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
> > University of Florida
> > Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
> > Bldg. CSE, Room 301
> > P.O. Box 116120
> > Gainesville, FL 32611
> > Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu <http://cise.ufl.edu>
> > Phone: (352) 392-1414
> > Fax: (352) 392-1220
> > Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick
> <http://www.cise.ufl.edu/%7Efishwick>

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
University of Florida
Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
Bldg. CSE, Room 301
P.O. Box 116120
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: [hidden email]
Phone: (352) 392-1414
Fax: (352) 392-1220
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick

Re: 3di web page viewer

Timmy.Stewart
Hi Zaki, and I also thankyou for the support on the 3DI Veiwer, I had the
opposite experience with the veiwer as paul did, as IExplorer didnt work,
but fox fire did. I was able to log into my own grid, but once there I was
limited to what I could do. I could Teleport but like you said there was no
ground (only water and sky), objects that did load had no texture, and my
avatar remained a cloud. I was able to use chat. Only real problem I
experienced was the script was very taxing or should say a resource hog,
while logged into my grid I was unable to use any other external veiwer such
as Hippo. I didnt check CPU ussage but I assume it was high.
Keep up the good work, I'm also following your work on Voip, good work :)
[hidden email]

> [...]
>> > the plugin on existing opensim content? We'd like to try embedding some
>> > of our content on a web page...
>> >
>> > -p
>> >
>> > --
>> > Paul Fishwick, PhD
>> > Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
>> > University of Florida
>> > Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
>> > Bldg. CSE, Room 301
>> > P.O. Box 116120
>> > Gainesville, FL 32611
>> > Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu <http://cise.ufl.edu>
>> > Phone: (352) 392-1414
>> > Fax: (352) 392-1220
>> > Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick
>> <http://www.cise.ufl.edu/%7Efishwick>

> Paul Fishwick, PhD
> Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
> University of Florida
> Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.

Jeremiah Spence
is there a version of this for mac?

-jeremiah