50+ avies

Diva Canto
In case you are missing all the excitement, this morning we were able to
pile 52 people-driven avies in OSGrid's Wright Plaza under 600M of RAM,
and after that sim had been up for 10 hours, with a previous peak
presence of 36. This sim is running on average hardware, nothing fancy.

It eventually crashed, likely due to an overly conservative lock still
present somewhere. But I think we just turned an important corner on the
way to 1.0.

50+ avies

Ovi Chris Rouly
Congratulations!

> In case you are missing all the excitement, this morning we were able to
> pile 52 people-driven avies in OSGrid's Wright Plaza under 600M of RAM,
> and after that sim had been up for 10 hours, with a previous peak
> presence of 36. This sim is running on average hardware, nothing fancy.
>
> It eventually crashed, likely due to an overly conservative lock still
> present somewhere. But I think we just turned an important corner on the
> way to 1.0.

Re: 50+ avies

Frisby, Adam
Actually, WP is running on positively ancient hardware. We're (DeepThink+simhost) scheduled to donate a new box to replace it this month coming (along with plaza03 which will also be getting an update).

Adam

Re: [Opensim-dev] 50+ avies

Frisby, Adam
Adding to the impressiveness, this was achieved on Mono. I suspect by consequence we'll see 1000 on .NET. :P

Adam