A little help with checking dates recorded in ABOUT LAND and GROUPS windows

A little help with checking dates recorded in ABOUT LAND and GROUPS windows

tringate
Back in April of 2012 I opened a mantis bug report about opensim not recording the date for “last login” in the GROUP windows and, “last rez date” in the ABOUT LAND window.
These dates are in the lists of avatars in the various windows.

I updated the mantis bug report yesterday to see if this could make the active list to get worked on and it was suggested this is maybe a viewer problem.

I could use some help with other users looking at the different windows and telling me if you are able to see actual dates or if you see the same date of:
Thursday 1 January 1970 or "unknown".  Very old viewers show it as Dec 31, 1969.

If you do, can you post what viewer actually works please.

I have tested Singularity, Cool VL, and even a 2011 version of Phoenix and all show the same bad date.  I tested with the most current version of opensim.

I have looked at these windows on regions on OSgrid, and on my standalone running on my desktop with the same results of no correct date.

If it is a viewer issue I want to close the mantis report.

Tom

Re: A little help with checking dates recorded in ABOUT LAND and GROUPS windows

AJLDuarte

Hi,

                Possible that was a misunderstanding of my answer on mantis.

                We just don’t send some of those dates, because we still don’t support them

                So viewers display the unix Zero time, ie  1st jan 1970.  (no idea why the 1969 date)

Ubit

Re: A little help with checking dates recorded in ABOUT LAND and GROUPS windows

tringate
David,

As I understand it after discussion with the devs, there was never any code written to perform this function in opensim, so what it is doing is in the data sent to the viewer the location for these different dates is simply fill with a zero so it has data and meets the data format.

There is no collection of the information being done, so basically everything would have to be written to implement the display of those dates.

I requested my mantis be changed to a function enhancement or whatever so maybe someday it could be implemented.

My quest to see if any viewer did show the information has come to an end since I now know the information is not available to be displayed.

It’s not a bug in the viewer or opensim.  It’s not supported at this time by opensim.

I do appreciate the time and responses I have received to explain this.

Tom