A prim got away from me.. how to find it...?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A prim got away from me.. how to find it...?

missyfitz
So I was editing a prim today on a sim-scale build and attempted to change the X position from 71 to 66 and I think I must have accidentally included the decimal when I selected the 71, which would have made the new position 66000 instead of 66.000... I'm not even sure if this is what happened, but the end result was that as soon as I hit 'enter' to commit what I thought was a 66.000 position, the prim vanished and my selection of it in the build tool was deactivated, which makes me think it did indeed get shot to 66000m.. this would have taken it off-sim, but no prim was returned to me due to going off-sim.. so is there any way to find such a lost prim?

Worst case scenario is that I can save today's builds to inventory and then wipe the sim and restore this morning's OAR file then reposition the new saved builds, but I'd like to be sure that that missing prim isn't hanging out somewhere in my installation...

I've tried searching the mySQL database for prims at PositionX of 6, 66, 66.000 and 66000 but can't find anything. Queries on PositionX = "6%" only yield results of 6, so the wildcard doesn't seem to work..

Any suggestions?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A prim got away from me.. how to find it...?

Sarge Misfit
It may be stuck on the sim boundary. I have things like that happen all the time, bad typing, and that is what happens to me. Anyway, it will have the same y and z positions, so check the sim boundaries.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:58 PM, missyfitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
So I was editing a prim today on a sim-scale build and attempted to change
the X position from 71 to 66 and I think I must have accidentally included
the decimal when I selected the 71, which would have made the new position
66000 instead of 66.000... I'm not even sure if this is what happened, but
the end result was that as soon as I hit 'enter' to commit what I thought
was a 66.000 position, the prim vanished and my selection of it in the build
tool was deactivated, which makes me think it did indeed get shot to
66000m.. this would have taken it off-sim, but no prim was returned to me
due to going off-sim.. so is there any way to find such a lost prim?

Worst case scenario is that I can save today's builds to inventory and then
wipe the sim and restore this morning's OAR file then reposition the new
saved builds, but I'd like to be sure that that missing prim isn't hanging
out somewhere in my installation...

I've tried searching the mySQL database for prims at PositionX of 6, 66,
66.000 and 66000 but can't find anything. Queries on PositionX = "6%" only
yield results of 6, so the wildcard doesn't seem to work..

Any suggestions?



--
View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/A-prim-got-away-from-me-how-to-find-it-tp6424286p6424286.html
Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A prim got away from me.. how to find it...?

missyfitz
Yeah that was the first thing I tried at both ends of the sim on the same Y coord, but there's nothing there on either end...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A prim got away from me.. how to find it...?

Lindy (McKeown) Orwin
This bought back funny memories of "losing" a very elven looking building in Second Life one time when I was a nOOb only to find it much later poking out of the sand under the sea like the lost city of Atlantis. Maybe if you sink all the land you'll see it if it is buried but not visible?

Lindy

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A prim got away from me.. how to find it...?

James Hughes
In reply to this post by missyfitz
On 05/31/2011 03:58 PM, missyfitz wrote:

> So I was editing a prim today on a sim-scale build and attempted to change
> the X position from 71 to 66 and I think I must have accidentally included
> the decimal when I selected the 71, which would have made the new position
> 66000 instead of 66.000... I'm not even sure if this is what happened, but
> the end result was that as soon as I hit 'enter' to commit what I thought
> was a 66.000 position, the prim vanished and my selection of it in the build
> tool was deactivated, which makes me think it did indeed get shot to
> 66000m.. this would have taken it off-sim, but no prim was returned to me
> due to going off-sim.. so is there any way to find such a lost prim?
>
> Worst case scenario is that I can save today's builds to inventory and then
> wipe the sim and restore this morning's OAR file then reposition the new
> saved builds, but I'd like to be sure that that missing prim isn't hanging
> out somewhere in my installation...
>
> I've tried searching the mySQL database for prims at PositionX of 6, 66,
> 66.000 and 66000 but can't find anything. Queries on PositionX = "6%" only
> yield results of 6, so the wildcard doesn't seem to work..
>
> Any suggestions?
>
>


Use GroupPosition[X/Y] and search for > 256 and < 0. You can set those
to someting in-bounds and restart the sim if you want. If you delete
them, then you'll want to remove the associated entries in primshapes
and if they contain inventory, you'll want to remove them from the
primitems table. save the prims for last...

to show the primitems...
SELECT name
FROM `primitems`
WHERE primid
IN (
SELECT uuid
FROM prims
WHERE `GroupPositionX` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionX` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionY` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionY` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionZ` < '-1'
);

to show the primshapes...
SELECT uuid
FROM `primshapes`
WHERE uuid
IN (
SELECT uuid
FROM prims
WHERE `GroupPositionX` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionX` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionY` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionY` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionZ` < '-1'
);

to show the prims...
SELECT Name, `GroupPositionX` , `GroupPositionY` , `GroupPositionZ` ,
UUID, RegionUUID
FROM `prims`
WHERE `GroupPositionX` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionX` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionY` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionY` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionZ` < '-1';


after running these, if you see things that need to be removed, do these
**with the prims table last**...


clean primitems..
DELETE FROM `primitems`
WHERE primid
IN (
SELECT uuid
FROM prims
WHERE `GroupPositionX` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionX` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionY` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionY` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionZ` < '-1'
);

to clean the primshapes...
DELETE FROM `primshapes`
WHERE uuid
IN (
SELECT uuid
FROM prims
WHERE `GroupPositionX` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionX` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionY` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionY` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionZ` < '-1'
);

and last...
DELETE FROM `prims`
WHERE `GroupPositionX` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionX` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionY` < '0'
OR `GroupPositionY` > '256'
OR `GroupPositionZ` < '-1';
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A prim got away from me.. how to find it...?

missyfitz
In reply to this post by missyfitz
Thanks James.. your query to show prims found the missing prim.. it was located at X:766 so apparently I missed the '7' in the original '71' X position and added the 66 and off it went...

Thank you!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A prim got away from me.. how to find it...?

Slavin, Simon
In reply to this post by Lindy (McKeown) Orwin

On 31 May 2011, at 9:40pm, Lindy (McKeown) Orwin wrote:

> This bought back funny memories of "losing" a very elven looking building in Second Life one time when I was a nOOb only to find it much later poking out of the sand under the sea like the lost city of Atlantis.

Good simulation.

> Maybe if you sink all the land you'll see it if it is buried but not visible?

I lost a trivial cube once.  I somehow set it to be effected by gravity but not by the ground.  It accordingly fell beneath the surface of my island and, presumably, to the centre of the earth.  Since it wasn't important and was only a simple prim I just left it there.  And thought harder when changing properties in the future.

Simon.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A prim got away from me.. how to find it...?

InuYasha Meiji
On 6/1/2011 4:51 AM, Simon Slavin wrote:
On 31 May 2011, at 9:40pm, Lindy (McKeown) Orwin wrote:

This bought back funny memories of "losing" a very elven looking building in Second Life one time when I was a nOOb only to find it much later poking out of the sand under the sea like the lost city of Atlantis.
Good simulation.

I was going to ask if you neded a team to get an archaeological dig started.  lol.


      
Maybe if you sink all the land you'll see it if it is buried but not visible?
I lost a trivial cube once.  I somehow set it to be effected by gravity but not by the ground.  It accordingly fell beneath the surface of my island and, presumably, to the centre of the earth.  Since it wasn't important and was only a simple prim I just left it there.  And thought harder when changing properties in the future.

Simon.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



-- 
________________________________________________________________
Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.1 rc2 and 49 Regions
On Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terrabyte Hard 
Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.
________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users