A question on logging incoming hypergrid connections.

A question on logging incoming hypergrid connections.

TwistedStickfigure
I have several questions about the hypergrid. How can I turn on logging to see the entire hypergrid process in the log?

Is that even possible?
Twisted Stickfigure
Twisted Labs on Osgrid

Re: A question on logging incoming hypergrid connections.

justincc
Assuming that you're logging at debug level (which is the default), there's very little more that you can turn on right
now.  There is a special "debug scene set teleport true" command that you can run, but the only extra information this
will currently log are the scene teleport flags, which may not be very useful in your context.

On 11/04/13 08:45, TwistedStickfigure wrote:

> I have several questions about the hypergrid. How can I turn on logging to
> see the entire hypergrid process in the log?
>
> Is that even possible?
>

> -----
> Twisted Stickfigure
> Bears Lair on Osgrid

OSVW Consulting

Re: A question on logging incoming hypergrid connections.

TwistedStickfigure
Thanks Justin. You were right. "debug scene set teleport true" Did not give me what I am looking for.
Twisted Stickfigure
Twisted Labs on Osgrid

Re: A question on logging incoming hypergrid connections.

Tom Willans
I am trying to gain external access to my OS standalone server "Diva".  On the internal network all is fine even using my external url (via dynamic dns). The  External login gets as far as [SCENE]: Region Central authenticated and authorized incoming root agent XXXXX (circuit code 230241706) (using the rest console).  Firestorm then fails giving the message "Waiting for region handshake" after a number of attempts.

The IP address is redirected using dynamic dns, the host machine has a reserved IP address.  Port forwarding for both TCP and UDP are set to 9000..9004 to this machine is set up. I have the same problem with an without the firewall on (but forwarding set).

I am able to access the diva Wifi, webpage and use the rest console for this machine. ssh works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

On 16 Apr 2013, at 20:29, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

Assuming that you're logging at debug level (which is the default), there's very little more that you can turn on right now.  There is a special "debug scene set teleport true" command that you can run, but the only extra information this will currently log are the scene teleport flags, which may not be very useful in your context.

On 11/04/13 08:45, TwistedStickfigure wrote:
I have several questions about the hypergrid. How can I turn on logging to
see the entire hypergrid process in the log?

Is that even possible?

-----
Twisted Stickfigure
Bears Lair on Osgrid

OSVW Consulting

Tom Willans  BSc(Hons)  MBCS  CITP
PhD Student
Serious Games Institute, Coventry University
United Kingdom

Senior Research Representative: Faculty of Engineering and Computing
Managing Director Bessacarr Publications Ltd
+44 (0)121 288 0281
skype: tom.willans
Second Life and OSGrid: Tom Tiros

Re: A question on logging incoming hypergrid connections.

TwistedStickfigure
Just a thought Tom. Check your region.ini and Make sure that you are using the dynamic address there.
Twisted Stickfigure
Twisted Labs on Osgrid

On 17/04/13 05:22, Tom wrote:

> I am trying to gain external access to my OS standalone server "Diva".  On the internal network all is fine even using
> my external url (via dynamic dns). The  External login gets as far as [SCENE]: Region Central authenticated and
> authorized incoming root agent XXXXX (circuit code 230241706) (using the rest console).  Firestorm then fails giving the
> message "Waiting for region handshake" after a number of attempts.
>
> The IP address is redirected using dynamic dns, the host machine has a reserved IP address.  Port forwarding for both
> TCP and UDP are set to 9000..9004 to this machine is set up. I have the same problem with an without the firewall on
> (but forwarding set).
>
> I am able to access the diva Wifi, webpage and use the rest console for this machine. ssh works fine.
>
> Any ideas?

This usually happens if the ExternalHostName/InternalPort combination from the Regions.ini file that the login service
gives to the viewer cannot be reached by the viewer.  The naming is confusing here.  You need to check that external
viewers can reach the region addresses:ports being offered.