A terminal inside my sim

Jeff Kelley
Found a little gem today:

http://code.google.com/p/shellinabox/

shellinabox is a small daemon emulating a terminal in HTML.

Repos (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, RHEL, CentOS, Fedora) here :

http://www.tecmint.com/shell-in-a-box-a-web-based-ssh-terminal-to-access-remote-linux-servers/

The result:

http://www.pescadoo.net/tmp/shellinabox.png

Control chars, cut & paste are well supported. You can vi inside.
Great for sharing a console, teaching opensim guts, Unix classes...

Your viewer's MOAP may choke on the self-signed SSL certificate. Just

vi /etc/sysconfig/shellinaboxd
and add --disable-ssl in the options.

You are giving shell access to your system so be careful. It's safer
behind a firewall.

-- Jeff

Re: A terminal inside my sim

John Sheridan
Now wouldn't it be cool if we could (securely) pull up the OpenSim
console in world the same way?  :D

On 01/11/2014 08:15 PM, Jeff Kelley wrote:

> Found a little gem today:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/shellinabox/
>
> shellinabox is a small daemon emulating a terminal in HTML.
>
> Repos (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, RHEL, CentOS, Fedora) here :
>
> http://www.tecmint.com/shell-in-a-box-a-web-based-ssh-terminal-to-access-remote-linux-servers/
>

> The result:
>
> http://www.pescadoo.net/tmp/shellinabox.png
>
> Control chars, cut & paste are well supported. You can vi inside.
> Great for sharing a console, teaching opensim guts, Unix classes...
>
> Your viewer's MOAP may choke on the self-signed SSL certificate. Just
>
> vi /etc/sysconfig/shellinaboxd
> and add --disable-ssl in the options.
>
> You are giving shell access to your system so be careful. It's safer
> behind a firewall.
>

> -- Jeff

Re: A terminal inside my sim

Jeff Kelley
At 10:28 PM -0500 11/1/14, John Sheridan wrote:

>Now wouldn't it be cool if we could (securely) pull up the OpenSim console
>in world the same way?  :D

Do you mean this?

http://www.pescadoo.net/tmp/inworld_console.png

-- Jeff