About editing avatar appearance in Opensim Grid Mode

About editing avatar appearance in Opensim Grid Mode

Gökhan Gökçe
Hi all,

I installed Opensim in grid mode and used myqsl. And created 4 users. You know robust defines first user as root. So the other users cant edit their appearance. I gave userFlag = 600 and make its mode 200 but it didnt work again.

Can anybody advice me sth?

Thanks.

--
Gökhan Gökçe

Büyütech Yazılım ve Donanım
Ar- ge Şefi / Bilgisayar Mühendisi
0506 726 34 68

Re: About editing avatar appearance in Opensim Grid Mode

Marcus Alexander Link
Hi Gökhan,

your new Avatars need to create new a outfit, skin, shape..,
to be able to edit the appearance.

2012/1/21 Gökhan Gökçe <[hidden email]>
Hi all,

I installed Opensim in grid mode and used myqsl. And created 4 users. You know robust defines first user as root. So the other users cant edit their appearance. I gave userFlag = 600 and make its m ode 200 but it didnt work again.

Can anybody advice me sth?

Thanks.

--
Gökhan Gökçe

Büyütech Yazılım ve Donanım
Ar- ge Şefi / Bilgisayar Mühendisi
0506 726 34 68

Re: About editing avatar appearance in Opensim Grid Mode

InuYasha Meiji
Like the others have told you, they need to start new body and clothing
parts. That is a small issue with opensim that people used to SL have a
problem with. Sl gives you a ruth that can change and be modded. Opensim
needs to fix this apparently. Seems people who have logged into SL then
come in as newbies to Opensim find it a hurdle when first experiencing
Opensim. Not a very good first impresion.

Please programming gods, hoping I don't sound to pushy. ;)

InuYasha

On 1/21/2012 3:34 PM, Gökhan Gökçe wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed Opensim in grid mode and used myqsl. And created 4 users.
> You know robust defines first user as root. So the other users cant
> edit their appearance. I gave userFlag = 600 and make its mode 200 but
> it didnt work again.
>
> Can anybody advice me sth?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Gökhan Gökçe
>
> Büyütech Yazılım ve Donanım
> Ar- ge Şefi / Bilgisayar Mühendisi
> www.gokhangokce.info <http://www.gokhangokce.info>
> 0506 726 34 68

Re: About editing avatar appearance in Opensim Grid Mode

Gökhan Gökçe
Thanks for your quick reply. And i want to knot sth about it:

If i create a group called "everybody", log in system with admin user and create clothes. And share clothes with group. They can use my clothes or etc?

Thanks

2012/1/22 InuYasha Meiji <[hidden email]>
[...]

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.2 with 49 Regions
on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.

Gökhan Gökçe

Büyütech Yazılım ve Donanım
Ar- ge Şefi / Bilgisayar Mühendisi
0506 726 34 68

Re: About editing avatar appearance in Opensim Grid Mode

YOU HAVE ANGERED THE GODS.  AWHERE ARE MY THUNDERBOLTS?

Joking!  This rather surprises me - OpenSimulator 0.7.2 creates the basic avatar clothing/body parts set (a ruth) for
each avatar so they should be editable separately by each user.  Is this OpenSimulator 0.7.2 that we're talking about?
Earlier versions did not provide this.

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: About editing avatar appearance in Opensim Grid Mode

InuYasha Meiji
Yes, it is 0.7.2.  Since I don't compile my own code, I will be using it
till 0.7.3 becomes stable enough that opensimulator.org is making bin
files available.

As far back as I remeber the ruth body parts and clothes a newbie gets
is set no mod.  That is why so many new to opensim get stuck even with
oold experience in SL, they can't seem to edit their appearance without
first taking those no mod items off and replaceing them completely with
new forms.  Those new forms can be modded.

Inu.

On 1/23/2012 6:41 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

> YOU HAVE ANGERED THE GODS.  AWHERE ARE MY THUNDERBOLTS?
>
> Joking!  This rather surprises me - OpenSimulator 0.7.2 creates the
> basic avatar clothing/body parts set (a ruth) for each avatar so they
> should be editable separately by each user.  Is this OpenSimulator
> 0.7.2 that we're talking about? Earlier versions did not provide this.
>
> On 22/01/12 00:34, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
>> Like the others have told you, they need to start new body and
>> clothing parts. That is a small issue with opensim that
>> people used to SL have a problem with. Sl gives you a ruth that can
>> change and be modded. Opensim needs to fix this
>> apparently. Seems people who have logged into SL then come in as
>> newbies to Opensim find it a hurdle when first
>> experiencing Opensim. Not a very good first impresion.
>>
>> Please programming gods, hoping I don't sound to pushy. ;)
>>
>> InuYasha
>>

>> On 1/21/2012 3:34 PM, Gökhan Gökçe wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I installed Opensim in grid mode and used myqsl. And created 4
>>> users. You know robust defines first user as root. So
>>> the other users cant edit their appearance. I gave userFlag = 600
>>> and make its mode 200 but it didnt work again.
>>>
>>> Can anybody advice me sth?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gökhan Gökçe
>>>
>>> Büyütech Yazılım ve Donanım
>>> Ar- ge Şefi / Bilgisayar Mühendisi
>>> www.gokhangokce.info <http://www.gokhangokce.info>
>>> 0506 726 34 68

Re: About editing avatar appearance in Opensim Grid Mode

Fleep Tuque
Agree, this has been the case for as long as I've been using Opensim.  The default Ruth parts cannot be modified.  Make all new parts (body and clothing) and then you can edit no problem.

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

http://ucsim.uc.edu

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:06 PM, InuYasha Meiji <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I couldnt get my answer i think. In hippo-opensim or other viewer, when i create a new clothes, i can choose "share it with group". I will install floatsam for group, so this feature can work?

Really thanks for your replies.

24 Ocak 2012 04:36 tarihinde Fleep Tuque <[hidden email]> yazdı:
[...]

Hi Gokhan,

I'm not sure if we understand completely what you want to do, I will try to list the options based on what I think you're asking:

1.  No user can edit the "default" avatar parts that are worn when a stock Opensim "Ruth" avatar is created.  In order to edit your appearance or change clothing, you will need to create new body parts and clothing items in your inventory, wear them, and then edit those new items.  From your inventory, right click on a folder, choose "Create New Body Part > New Shape" and then edit that shape. Do the same for each body part and clothing item to edit your own appearance.

2.  Once you create new body parts and clothing items, you can make them full permissions and give them to other users and they should be able to both wear and modify the items themselves.

3.  If you want to create different starter avatars that your users can choose from when they create their accounts, the best module I have found for this is the Diva Wifi Registration module for ROBUST (grid mode).

Read about Diva's Wifi Registration module here:   http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Wifi

Download the module from:   https://github.com/diva/d2/downloads
(make sure to get the ROBUST version that matches your opensim installation)

For an example of how to install the module, see the 10/13/11 entry at: http://fleep.wikispaces.com/FleepGrid
(Scroll down to step 7 of my upgrade documentation).

4.  If you want to be able to create groups, have profiles, offline IMs, and search, I recommend Mimetic Core's awesome Opensim Services bundle module.  It's far simpler to install the bundle than trying to install each service separately.

(Be sure to follow the directions carefully.)

I hope those resources help you accomplish your goals, but let us know if you still have questions or problems.  :)

2012/1/24 Gökhan Gökçe <[hidden email]>
[...]

justincc
Another question for Gokhan is whether he is creating avatars via the "create user" command on the console or via some
other means (e.g Wifi).  Creating on the console should yield an avatar with editable clothing/body parts on
OpenSimulator 0.7.2 and later but I will have to go back and test this.  Creating avatars via other services may not
(though it sounds like wifi handles this just fine).

On 24/01/12 14:04, Fleep Tuque wrote:

> [...]
>                     when first
>                     experiencing Opensim. Not a very good first impresion.
>
>                     Please programming gods, hoping I don't sound to pushy. ;)
>
>                     InuYasha
>

>                     On 1/21/2012 3:34 PM, Gökhan Gökçe wrote:
>
>                         Hi all,
>
>                         I installed Opensim in grid mode and used myqsl. And created 4 users. You know robust defines
>                         first user as root. So
>                         the other users cant edit their appearance. I gave userFlag = 600 and make its mode 200 but it
>                         didnt work again.
>
>                         Can anybody advice me sth?
>
>                         Thanks.
>
>                         --
>                         Gökhan Gökçe
>
>                         Büyütech Yazılım ve Donanım
>                         Ar- ge Şefi / Bilgisayar Mühendisi
>                         www.gokhangokce.info <http://www.gokhangokce.info> <http://www.gokhangokce.info>
>                         0506 726 34 68 <tel:0506%20726%2034%2068>

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: About editing avatar appearance in Opensim Grid Mode

I finally got the chance to check whether the default "Ruth" clothing can be edited in current OpenSim dev code.  And it
appears to work for me just fine - I was able to change my trouser colour on a newly created user (though you may have
to be careful and wait a bit before logging out since the appearance save is on a timer).

I thought this was working on 0.7.2 as well.

This does only apply to avatars created via OpenSim's "create user" console command (though there is a way to call that
remotely on the UserAccountService if you're willing to deal with any security consequences).  I can't say what
behaviour is like with other distros/methods (e.g. Diva) since they go about it in a different way.

> [...]

>                     when first
>                     experiencing Opensim. Not a very good first impresion.
>
>                     Please programming gods, hoping I don't sound to pushy. ;)
>
>                     InuYasha
>

>                     On 1/21/2012 3:34 PM, Gökhan Gökçe wrote:
>
>                         Hi all,
>
>                         I installed Opensim in grid mode and used myqsl. And created 4 users. You know robust defines
>                         first user as root. So
>                         the other users cant edit their appearance. I gave userFlag = 600 and make its mode 200 but it
>                         didnt work again.
>
>                         Can anybody advice me sth?
>
>                         Thanks.
>
>                         --
>                         Gökhan Gökçe
>
>                         Büyütech Yazılım ve Donanım
>                         Ar- ge Şefi / Bilgisayar Mühendisi
>                         www.gokhangokce.info <http://www.gokhangokce.info> <http://www.gokhangokce.info>
>                         0506 726 34 68 <tel:0506%20726%2034%2068>

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: About editing avatar appearance in Opensim Grid Mode

Gudule Lapointe
I am using Diva modules on Robust 7.2, and just checked that - in my install -  user created from the website cannot change their appearance. Nor clothes, nor body.
I wish I had time to check with a new, module-free, install, but I can't right now.

So this is just to rise a sub-question: when people saying default avatar is locked, is it related to "external" module they use to create avatar  (like Diva's)?

--
http://www.speculoos.net/
secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/

On 08/02/12 03:43, Gudule Lapointe wrote:
> I am using Diva modules on Robust 7.2, and just checked that - in my install -  user created from the website cannot change their appearance. Nor clothes, nor body.
> I wish I had time to check with a new, module-free, install, but I can't right now.
>
> So this is just to rise a sub-question: when people saying default avatar is locked, is it related to "external" module they use to create avatar  (like Diva's)?

I believe that the Diva distro creates default avatars using different code mechanisms to that used by OpenSim's "create
user" command.  This might be the difference.

http://justincc.org/blog