Activating voice in opensim

mammoloji
Hello everybody,

I have just established opensim to my server. It really works well. But There is problem on opensim.

How can I active voice on opensim?

Thanks in advance

Re: Activating voice in opensim

Fleep Tuque
Hi Mahmudi,

There are a couple of different options for voice.  The first one is very simple to implement, it's a free service provided by Vivox, the same folks who provide voice to Second Life.  The other two options, the Freeswitch and Mumble modules, sound pretty complicated to implement, and I don't know much about them.

To use the free Vivox service, here are the instructions:

- Send an email to kamal [at] vivox.com and request login credentials for your grid. It will take a day or so to get a response and they will provide a set of configuration lines to add to the end of your opensim.ini file.

- Take the configuration information they send and add it to your opensim.ini file for each simulator instance you're running, it should look something like this:

[VivoxVoice]

    enabled = true

    ; vivox voice server
    vivox_server = www.osp.vivox.com

    ; vivox SIP URI
    vivox_sip_uri = osp.vivox.com

    ; vivox admin user name
    vivox_admin_user = <username>

    ; vivox admin password
    vivox_admin_password = <password>

- Restart opensim, then enable voice on each region and parcel where you want voice to be available.

- Users will also need to enable voice in their viewer's preferences to use voice on your grid.

I don't know very much about using Freeswitch or Mumble, but there's additional information about these modules on the opensim wiki at:

Sincerely,

- Chris

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

http://ucsim.uc.edu

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Mahmudi Kadiralam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everybody,

I have just established opensim to my server. It really works well. But There is problem on opensim.

How can I active voice on opensim?

Thanks in advance

Re: Activating voice in opensim

mammoloji
Thanks for your answers, they are really useful for me.

But kamal@vivox.com did not reply to my e-mail for 4 days. is there another option to reach them to help me ?

Re: Activating voice in opensim

Nick Zwart
I think you have to mail to [hidden email] now, you can read all about it here:
http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2012/08/vivox-expands-opensim-support/

Nick - 3DLES

Thanks for your answers, they are really useful for me.

But [hidden email] did not reply to my e-mail for 4 days. is there another
option to reach them to help me ?

Re: Activating voice in opensim

Ken Grunke
On 10/8/2012 1:13 AM, mammoloji wrote:
> Thanks for your answers, they are really useful for me.
>
> But [hidden email] did not reply to my e-mail for 4 days. is there another
> option to reach them to help me ?

Try this:
http://support.vivox.com/opensim/
I'm guessing that email became overwhelmed with requests so they set up
the request form on the website.

Ken aka Key [hidden email]

Re: Activating voice in opensim

TwistedStickfigure
This post was updated on .
Hi mammoloji,

I Don’t use Vivox, and Fleep did a great job of outlining Vivox as I understand it. I did set up Freeswitch for a while. But I chose Mumble voice.

It was easy to set up for me.

On my Debian Squeeze I simply Apt-get Installed the mumble-server.  That was it for installation.

For Opensim I extracted
Whisper-20111110-for-OpenSim-0.7.3-dev.4567555 into my Opensim bin directory.

Then in my gridcommon.ini I added

[MurmurVoice]
; New voice daemon which will do speaker indication,
; positional voice, and high quality audio codec. Host voice on the
; same server, or use Glacier2 to proxy the insecure ICE protocol.
enabled = true
; Hostname to send the user
murmur_host = xxx.xxx.xx.xx  ; Your Server IP address
; Server identifier (normally 1)
murmur_sid = 1
; Endpoint to system running mumble (see murmur.ini)
; Port must be unique for each region server on your box.
murmur_ice = tcp -h 127.0.0.1 -p 6502

; Endpoint to this system: callback entry from murmur server
; (not needed for glacier2)
murmur_ice_cb= tcp -h 127.0.0.1 -p 6503
; Parent channel name to use
channel_name = Your Region Name
; Enable use of glacier2 (ignore murmur_ice_cb if false)
glacier = false
; the following parameters are only used when working with Glacier 2
; Glacier proxy
glacier_ice = Glacier2/router:tcp -p 4063 -h <murmur-ip>
; Glacier session user
glacier_user = <glacier2-user-name>
; Glacier session password
glacier_pass = <glacier2-password>

For my Firewall I opened TCP and UDP  64738

And I was done..

Viewers
Mumble is currently supported by Imprudence 1.3.2  using the Whisper plugin and Teapot without any addional changes. Support in Zen is coming soon.

The plugin Teapot and Zen are using was designed for Kokua, but it has not yet installed it.

The Whisper voice module does speaker indication, positional audio and lip sync, and sounds great from my experience.

Cheers
Twisted
Twisted Stickfigure
Twisted Labs on Osgrid