Additional 'methods'

Jessica Pixel
Is there any documentation regarding any other 'methods' that can be passed to index.php... I really don't know any terms well enough to ask this question intelligently, so here's an example:

You can go to

YourGridAddress:PORT/index.php?method=regionImageREGIONUUID

and see a map tile using the method 'regionImage'.  I know there is another method of 'login' (but it doesn't really work in a web browser).  Are there other methods available to do or view various things?  I've tried searching the OpenSim wiki and this newsgroup, but I haven't found anything.

Thanks for any help!
-*-*-*-
Jessica Pixel
http://liftedpixel.net/pixelplanet

Re: Additional 'methods'

Drover, Matt
You can get some region stats with this method.
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Monitoring

Matthew Drover
Programmer Consultant
Immersive Technology
Distance Education, Learning and Teaching Support
Memorial University of Newfoundland

Re: Additional 'methods'

justincc
You can also get a list of urls the simulator or ROBUST is handling with the command "show http-handlers" in recent
versions of OpenSimulator (on old versions the simulator only will display this information and not for all ports).
Documentation is another matter though I'm sure we'd be happy to answer questions about any specific url.

On 22/05/13 17:03, Drover, Matt wrote:

> You can get some region stats with this method.
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Monitoring
>

> Matthew Drover
> Programmer Consultant
> Immersive Technology
> Distance Education, Learning and Teaching Support
> Memorial University of Newfoundland

OSVW Consulting

Re: Additional 'methods'

Jessica Pixel
I was able to enable the monitoring module, and it's working mostly (http://os.liftedpixel.net:9000/SStats/default.report).  The page loads fine, but I keep getting an error in my OpenSim console every few seconds for one of the regions:

12:19:15 - [SIM STATS REPORTER]: Update for PixelPlanetSE failed with exception
12:19:21 - [SIM STATS REPORTER]: Update for PixelPlanetSE failed with exception
12:19:27 - [SIM STATS REPORTER]: Update for PixelPlanetSE failed with exception
12:19:33 - [SIM STATS REPORTER]: Update for PixelPlanetSE failed with exception

Yesterday when I looked at it, it was giving the same error, but for another region.  It only seems to be giving that error when I have the page open and for about a minute after I close it.  Should I be concerned about it, or is there some way to make it stop?

-----

I was also able to get the big list of items from 'show http-handlers'.  A few look interesting to me.  Can you tell me what I can do with the following?

/agent/
/object/
/homeagent/
image
/CAPS/VS/

-----

Thanks again for all your help!  The OpenSimulator community is the best.

-*-*-*-
Jessica Pixel
http://liftedpixel.net/pixelplanet

Re: Additional 'methods'

drwhiet@spacefriends.de

Sounds familiar ; I noticed this some months ago ..

Make sure you have a opensim.log and opensim.32bitlaunch.log in your bin
directory.
These log files will be written depending on how you start your region(s)
(either with opensim.exe or opensim.32bitlaunch.exe)

But both .log must exist so Sstats generates no error at least in my case
this helped.

Let me know if it helped ; Mayby you can than report to these 2 MANTIS i
have filed in 2012
and which are set to resolved (at the moment) ; Or open a new one if the
opensim version
is higher than the ones i reported (0.74 and 0.75) .. or try upgrading to
latest opensim version

best regards,
Wordfromthe Wise

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: Additional 'methods'

Jessica Pixel
Creating an opensim.log file in bin fixed the problem.  I had only ever used the 32 bit launcher, so only opensim.32bitlaunch.log was present.  Thank you!
-*-*-*-
Jessica Pixel
http://liftedpixel.net/pixelplanet

Re: Additional 'methods'

Kim Minuet
If you do a 'show http' command at the console it lists a whole lot of things that you can try appended to the URL.

Kim

> Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 07:54:03 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Opensim-users] Additional 'methods'
>
> Is there any documentation regarding any other 'methods' that can be passed
> to index.php... I really don't know any terms well enough to ask this
> question intelligently, so here's an example:
>
> You can go to
>
> YourGridAddress:PORT/index.php?method=regionImageREGIONUUID
>
> and see a map tile using the method 'regionImage'. I know there is another
> method of 'login' (but it doesn't really work in a web browser). Are there
> other methods available to do or view various things? I've tried searching
> the OpenSim wiki and this newsgroup, but I haven't found anything.
>
> Thanks for any help!
>

> -----
> http://liftedpixel.net/pixelplanet

Re: Additional 'methods'

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
Ok Fine but to help others it would be Good to know if this is a current issue which the Devs have to take care of e.g by creating a new Mantis. So, which version of opensim do you use ? Is it below 0.7.6 ?

Best regards
Word

On 23.05.2013, at 21:21, Jessica Pixel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Creating an opensim.log file in bin fixed the problem.  I had only ever used
> the 32 bit launcher, so only opensim.32bitlaunch.log was present.  Thank
> you!
>

> -----
> -*-*-*-
> Jessica Pixel
> http://liftedpixel.net/pixelplanet

Re: Additional 'methods'

Jessica Pixel
I'm running version 0.7.5, so not the current version.  If this happens when I eventually update, I'll look into creating a ticket. :]
-*-*-*-
Jessica Pixel
http://liftedpixel.net/pixelplanet

Re: Additional 'methods'

drwhiet@spacefriends.de

You dont need to create a Mantis "ticket" as this error is fixed
in higher opensim versions ..

Regards
Word .. !

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----