Advice in updating from diva 13981 to 23797?

Advice in updating from diva 13981 to 23797?

missyfitz
I have an old database exported from an old installation of diva-13981 and I'd like to update it to diva-23797. (I know, it's very very out of date, but it was a separate little project I was working on a while back and neglected to update)

The INSTALL.txt file says...

"To update your world to a newer diva release, simply run the tool
Update.exe
Then, shutdown OpenSim.exe in the old release and start
OpenSim.exe in the new release."

...but that's not completely clear (at least not to someone who isn't doing this regularly.) Do I download the new release to a parallel directory and run the update.exe in the new version, or in the old version?

Also, I've read sites from about a year ago which describe manually copying various .ini settings from the old version to the new.. Is that still necessary or does the update.exe now import those settings itself?

Are there any issues I should be planning ahead for in updating such an old version?

Cannot load inventory

George Anastassakis
Hi all

(This is my first attempt to seek help on specific OpenSim-related
issues so apologies if this is not the right place or way to ask my
question.)

On a grid setup of one ROBUST server and numerous simulators I am unable
to load inventories for the past couple of days, while there was no
similar problem before. More specifically, I am able to load users'
inventories in Firestorm but no OpenSim library (remains in a "loading"
state), while I cannot load any inventory in other viewers (e.g.,
Singularity). Interestingly, inventories seem to load correctly in the
older Imprudence viewer. There are a number of users in the grid so I
cannot be sure at the moment if the problem began in relation to some
user's action.

The grid runs on OpenSim 0.7.6 and MySQL 5.5 on a number of MS Windows
Server machines (which I believe are properly firewalled).

Any ideas on why this may happen or how I should go about
troubleshooting it? Pointers to detailed information on how inventory
information is retrieved on grid setups and what services are involved
will also be immensely appreciated.

Thanks all in advance

George

Re: Cannot load inventory

George Anastassakis
On 17/12/2013 9:54 μμ, George Anastassakis wrote:

> Hi all
>
> (This is my first attempt to seek help on specific OpenSim-related
> issues so apologies if this is not the right place or way to ask my
> question.)
>
> On a grid setup of one ROBUST server and numerous simulators I am
> unable to load inventories for the past couple of days, while there
> was no similar problem before. More specifically, I am able to load
> users' inventories in Firestorm but no OpenSim library (remains in a
> (e.g., Singularity). Interestingly, inventories seem to load correctly
> in the older Imprudence viewer. There are a number of users in the
> grid so I cannot be sure at the moment if the problem began in
> relation to some user's action.
>
> The grid runs on OpenSim 0.7.6 and MySQL 5.5 on a number of MS Windows
> Server machines (which I believe are properly firewalled).
>
> Any ideas on why this may happen or how I should go about
> troubleshooting it? Pointers to detailed information on how inventory
> information is retrieved on grid setups and what services are involved
> will also be immensely appreciated.
>
> Thanks all in advance
>
> George

Many apologies for the misplaced post.