After Ready Player One

Jose Manuel

Hi

I am reading "Ready Player One". It describes a world connected to a virtual world that is a real evolution of OpenSim. It talks about the inventory, the point on the avatar that can talk, places where you can be damaged, you can have the skin of an elf or a human, the hypergrid, ...

It describes an evolution of OpenSim.

Steven Spielberg is doing a film based on Ready Player One ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1677720/ ) so, he is doing a film based on an evolution of OpenSim!

Do you think that this will attract a lot of people to OpenSim?

Re: After Ready Player One

aiaustin

>From: Jose Manuel <[hidden email]>
>I am reading "Ready Player One". It describes a world connected to a
>virtual world that is a real evolution of OpenSim....

You might find this amusing...

Maybe the OASIS in Ready Player One actually goes back to the
original MUDs and MOOs.  Any others out there who was a MUD user in
the 1980s :-)

http://enter-the-oasis.com/
https://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2013/05/12/back-to-the-future-in-the-1980s-oasis-mud/

And see this area related to Ready Player One which used to be
available in Second Life...
https://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2013/09/07/ready-player-one-aechs-basement-chatroom-in-second-life/

Re: After Ready Player One

David P. Giffen-2
Oh yes, I ran a Pern type MUSH for a while called Silver Skies. I lost a lot
of interest when my wizards started infighting.  I left the internal
management to my wife and focused on maintaining the server its self. Lost
even more interest when I was introduced to Second Life and its potential.
Finally, there was Opensim where I pretty much could "have it all." An
environment in which I could play and have full control over the server.

>I am reading "Ready Player One". It describes a world connected to a
>virtual world that is a real evolution of OpenSim....

You might find this amusing...

Maybe the OASIS in Ready Player One actually goes back to the original MUDs
and MOOs.  Any others out there who was a MUD user in the 1980s :-)

http://enter-the-oasis.com/
https://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2013/05/12/back-to-the-future-in-the-1980s-o
asis-mud/

And see this area related to Ready Player One which used to be available in
Second Life...
https://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2013/09/07/ready-player-one-aechs-basement-c
hatroom-in-second-life/

---

Re: After Ready Player One

Jose Manuel
Hi

Yes, there is content about Ready Player One, but the content is "frozen".

Can we have a virtual computer to play the Adventure game in Open Sim with a virtual computer or tablet?
Can we access to restricted media content, allowed only to authorized users?

Thank you.