Animating NPC lips

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Hello,
I was wondering if there is a way for making the lips of an NPC move ... when say am triggering a sound file in some puppeteering system. Text chat messages does not seem to actually work .. unless the user is staring at the bottom left of the screen ....chat bubble is an option (if nothing else is available).
May be I should try animating faces... I recall there were some old SL animations to represent various emotions and try to work with that
Let me know if you have any ideas
Ramesh
Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040