Another Noobie Question

Paul Stephenson

Hello,

I have a standalone 0.6.6 running on windows on a 5 year old machine. I can’t get scripts to work at all. I can’t seem to touch prims with a script in world, also the pie menu does not give me option. Thanks for your help.

Re: Another Noobie Question

Karen_Palen
I would suggest trying the latest Diva release at least as a starting point. Diva has set up a very good configuration script in which just about everything works. Maybe not exactly the way you want, but it WILL work!

The general releases are more flexible, but can be very difficult to configure so as to avoid strange things happening (or not happening). The documentation is non too clear until you have actually run things, and worse yet there are things that work differently now!

Don't forget to back up your database BTW - I didn't and I am still restoring things from source files after two months!

Karen

> windows on a 5 year old machine. I can’t get scripts
> to work at all. I
> can’t seem to touch prims with a script in world,
> also the pie menu does
> not give me option. Thanks for your help.

Re: Another Noobie Question

Robert Klein
Double check all your references to script functions in the OpenSim.ini file. Whenever my scripts stop working it is usually because I did not set AllowOSFunctions to true or something similar.

-Robert

Paul Stephenson wrote
Hello,

I have a standalone 0.6.6 running on windows on a 5 year old machine. I
can't get scripts to work at all. I can't seem to touch prims with a script
in world, also the pie menu does not give me option. Thanks for your help.

Re: Another Noobie Question

Kevin Buckley

Paul - I have a standalone operating successfully and running many scripts – if you’re interested to send me a copy of your Opensim.ini I’m happy to run a side-by-side comparison with mine and tell you the difference (take your passwords etc. out though if you’re using MySQL, lol) - Kevin