Any idea where to find a builder?

Katronix Serf
Hi all,

One of the sims I'm wanting to put on my grid is a park like area, that
will have statues that are Greek Neo Classic in nature, anyone know
anyone who builds this kind of item for OS?

Thanks,

Kat

Re: Any idea where to find a builder?

Wade Schuette
Probably the best statues would be mesh, so whoever makes them for
Second Life could equally well, possibly,
sell you one for openSim, although concern for theft may dampen their
interest.

But, there are a number of sites that have mesh objects in various
formats that can be transformed to collada .dae format if that's what
you can import and show in your sim.

One is http://www.turbosquid.com
You can search it for "sculpture", to get an idea of what's out there.

Be prepared for price shock, however, as the prices are in dollars, not
lindens, so
nice sculptures will cost you $20-$100 US.    I saw a number of what
struck me as probably neoclassical Greek.
(Of course, I was raised as an engineer, so what do I know.)  There were
a few that looked Babylonian too.

I don't really see how someone could custom build one for you for less
unless they give their time away.    You may need to pay someone to get
the formats adjusted and do the importing for you of course, but you
have some handle on the total cost to expect.

Let me know what else you find!

Wade

On 12/30/11 8:01 PM, Katronix Serf wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> One of the sims I'm wanting to put on my grid is a park like area,
> that will have statues that are Greek Neo Classic in nature, anyone
> know anyone who builds this kind of item for OS?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kat

Re: Any idea where to find a builder?

Lindy (McKeown) Orwin
These might help in the hunt, Kat

You could try looking on my OpenSim page in my wiki

or follow some links on  my delicious stack at

Lindy

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Katronix Serf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

One of the sims I'm wanting to put on my grid is a park like area, that will have statues that are Greek Neo Classic in nature, anyone know anyone who builds this kind of item for OS?

Thanks,

Kat

Lindy (McKeown) Orwin
Second Life and OpenSim Grids  - Decka Mah
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://lindyorwin.com
Virtual World Project Manager:
Hypatia - A STEM Virtual World for Girls (USA)
and
SPICE Virtual Worlds for Counselling and Social Work (Australia)

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Re: Any idea where to find a builder?

Katronix Serf
Thanks Lindy.

To bad making my own meshes is complex LOL.

Kat

On 12/31/2011 12:16 AM, Lindy Orwin wrote:
[...]

Neoclassical Greek sculptures to space ships, you name it: check
www.turbosquid.com.

If you're interested in professional work, there are some very nice mesh
sculptures on Turbsquid.com, in the $1 to $300 range (US Dollars),
including the Elgin Marbles ($5 each).  There are also vases,  3-D
textures for stone plazas,  tile mosaics, etc.

I put summary pictures of the nicest ones (IMHO) here:
http://myjokaydia.blogspot.com/2011/12/mesh-models-from-turbosquidcom.html

You can go to Turbosquid.com and search "Greek" or "Greek sculpture" to
see what else there is
http://www.turbosquid.com/

Contact me (before you buy it!) if you find something you want there and
I'll help you with selecting file formats and the details of importing
it,  starting with something FREE so we can confirm that you'll be able
to see it correctly in your grid.

Wade  ( "Starlight Harbour" in Jokaydia / Second Life / Unity3D-Jibe )