Any mySQL query to compare two sims in same db?

Any mySQL query to compare two sims in same db?

missyfitz
Is there an easy way to compare what should be two identical copies of the same sim build, both in the same mySQL db?

I'm having extremely annoying persistence problems with my diva installation. Any time I shutdown and restart the server, random prims or linksets will either have their texture repeats and orientations reverted, the entire prim or linkset will be moved, or the entire prim or linkset will just be gone..

Right now I have a work copy of the sim, from which I saved an OAR file.. loaded the OAR on the second sim, compared primcounts and they were identical.. shutdown the server.. restart the server... and the work copy of the sim now has 5 fewer prims than the one onto which the OAR was restored.

So its there any way to query/compare two sims in the database by sim UUID and just get a readout of which prims are missing from one or the other or both?

Re: Any mySQL query to compare two sims in same db?

Karen Palen
My first thought is to do a sparate database backup of each database
using the MySQL database backup and do a file compare ("diff" on Linux,
sorry I forget the Win equivalent).

BTW You should be doing regular backups of the database anyway, there
have been problems in the past which caused the db structure to loose
its mind or just lose items (almost as bad).

Alternatively (and somewhat more sophisticated) would be to do an OAR
file of each build and diff the tow OAR files. If there are differences
this would be easier to analyze since the OARs are in XML format.

Karen
On 05/31/2011 05:21 PM, missyfitz wrote:

> Is there an easy way to compare what should be two identical copies of the
> same sim build, both in the same mySQL db?
>
> I'm having extremely annoying persistence problems with my diva
> installation. Any time I shutdown and restart the server, random prims or
> linksets will either have their texture repeats and orientations reverted,
> the entire prim or linkset will be moved, or the entire prim or linkset will
> just be gone..
>
> Right now I have a work copy of the sim, from which I saved an OAR file..
> loaded the OAR on the second sim, compared primcounts and they were
> identical.. shutdown the server.. restart the server... and the work copy of
> the sim now has 5 fewer prims than the one onto which the OAR was restored.
>
> So its there any way to query/compare two sims in the database by sim UUID
> and just get a readout of which prims are missing from one or the other or
> both?

Re: Any mySQL query to compare two sims in same db?

justincc
I don't think these approaches will work because the prims will end up with different ids.

You could still compare positions with something like

select name, PositionX, PositionY, PositionZ, GroupPositionX, GroupPositionY, GroupPositionZ

http://justincc.org/blog