[Architecture] removed from OpenSimDefault.ini how choose setup then..??

[Architecture] removed from OpenSimDefault.ini how choose setup then..??

Opensimfan
[Architecture] removed from OpenSimDefault.ini -

how choose setup then..??  how do i set up stand-alone, non-hypergrid or hypergrid or SimianGrid..??
By adding the appropriate ini files to "config-include" ?  how does opensimulator know witch to read....

sorry if this is a stupid question...
Dutch..

OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: [Architecture] removed from OpenSimDefault.ini how choose setup then..??

Matto Destiny
its still in the OpenSim.ini. I have both OpenSimDefault.ini and OpenSim.ini and [Architecture] is still in the OpenSim.ini

OpenSimDefaults.ini contains settings which users are unlikely to need to change while OpenSim.ini provides commonly changed settings.

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: [Architecture] removed from OpenSimDefault.ini how choose setup then..??

Marck-2
DutchGlory wrote:

> so you need to setup opensim.ini AND OpenSimDefaults.ini  doesn't sound
> logic.  there has to be a more efficient way to load configuration.

You are not supposed to change OpenSimDefaults.ini at all. As the name says, it sets the defaults which then can be overridden by settings in OpenSim.ini.

If you want to change any setting in OpenSimDefaults.ini that you can't find in OpenSim.ini, then you *copy* the appropriate parameter from OpenSimDefaults.ini to OpenSim.ini and adjust it there.

Re: [Architecture] removed from OpenSimDefault.ini how choose setup then..??

Juliana Dutra
no, the logic is this:
OpenSimDefault.ini sets it up
OpenSim.ini supersedes it ( if there's any setting that differs opensim.ini settings are the ones used)
Standalone.ini supersedes both (or Grid.ini or Hypergrid.ini, anything on the /bin/config folder that is being called by you at the end of opensim.ini)

On diva it goes
OpenSimDefault.ini sets it up
OpenSim.ini supersedes it
DivaPreferences.ini supercedes both "opensim*.ini"
MyWorld.ini supercedes all

so you need to setup opensim.ini AND OpenSimDefaults.ini  doesn't sound
logic.  there has to be a more efficient way to load configuration.

dutch

Re: [Architecture] removed from OpenSimDefault.ini how choose setup then..??

Opensimfan
first, thank you for replying...

so its like this (load order): OpenSimDefault.ini -> opensim.ini (with activated options) -> ini-file in config-include folder called by opensim.ini

if this is right, thats the way to choose between stand-alone or grid mode. Or else opensimulator doesn't know what to setup..
i use opensimulator for both stand-alone and grid (MOG BETA) thats why i wanted to know how to choose the right setup and load the correct configuration....

André Verwijs - Google+

Re: [Architecture] removed from OpenSimDefault.ini how choose setup then..??

Juliana Dutra
Yup that is the way to chose between standalone and grid, and that's how it works :)