AssetServer.exe and InventoryServer.exe have been removed

AssetServer.exe and InventoryServer.exe have been removed

Diva Canto
Hi all,

As per discussion on the -dev mailing list
(https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-dev/2009-September/007545.html),
the two servers Grid.AssetServer.exe and Grid.InventoryServer.exe have
been removed from the main distribution. For people running grids, this
means that you have to switch to using the ROBUST server shell for
inventory and asset services. Refer to this page for how to make the
transition:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/ROBUST
Jump to the very last section for step-by-step instructions on what to do.

Standalones are not affected by any of this.

One easy way to look at this is to think that the old UGAIM is now UGRM,
where R comes preconfigured to run A and I.

More information about this new software architecture that is being put
in place can be found here:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OpenSim_Services_and_Service_Connectors

Regards,
Crista / Diva

Re: AssetServer.exe and InventoryServer.exe have been removed

Ai Austin
At 11:00 19/09/2009, Crista / Diva wrote:
>...the two servers Grid.AssetServer.exe and Grid.InventoryServer.exe have
>been removed from the main distribution.

I confirm that I was able to make the transition relatively
painlessness to UGRM for 0.6.6 post fixes svn 9993 distribution and
it is holding up well.

I did try also to change the Region config files from .xml to .ini
which worked except that the map tiles did not serve the usual
http:// URL which we use to show the regions on web sites.. e.g.

http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:9000/index.php?method=regionImage9c8b6f8f81784a6992dc9feba4646e6b

That works in 0.6.6 with .xml region files, but not if I convert to
.ini ones. Should I report that on Mantis, or is it fixed in versions
since 0.6.6? I know I am well behind... but trying to catch up now.  Ai