Authorization within opensim [Solved]

hzhenk
This post was updated on .
I am a lecturer and believe that virtual worlds can play an important role in education. That is why I am going to do a exercise in opensim as an experiment. See https://vimeo.com/101086188.

Important goal is gaining experience in using opensim. We have an opensim running at the server of the university.

In the virtual world we made 10 regions, there will be about 50 students. So each region gets a group of 5 students who are going to reshape their region. So far no problem.

It would be nice if I could give each group permission to change their own region. They could visit the other regions, but should not be able to make changes in the other regions.
My problem is that I can't find a tutorial or instruction how to achieve this within opensim.
Could I get some tips or strategy how to do this?

What I did find is that you have userlevels. For example the godlevel. So I would like to give a avatar an godlevel for his region and no godlevel for the other regions?

Greetings from the Netherlands.
Henk Massink
Lecturer Civil Engineering at Hz University of Applied Sciences
Vlissingen, Netherlands

Re: Authorization (estate managers) within opensim

hzhenk
I am using opensim 8.0.1. I have made 10 estates, each estate is a region. In the land-settings; visitors are not allowed to build and to adjust the land. Next I added users to the estate manager list in each estate.
It looks like the estate managers are allowed to adjust the land in their estate, but they can't build anything.
What could be the problem?
Vlissingen, Netherlands

Authorization within opensim [Solved]

hzhenk
System with estate-managers is working, at last!!!

You have to make some changes in the opensim.ini
allow_grid_gods = true
region_owner_is_god = true
region_manager_is_god = true

Next make the following changes in the land-tab

And add the user in the estate_manager list
example

Users are able to edit their own region/estate and can visit other estates.