Auto Backup Module

Opensimfan
not sure if  "Auto Backup Module" is fully implemented within opensim
being in "OptionalModules" folder, but i made a quick manual already (taken from source code)

get it here.. (right click, save link as..)
Auto-Backup-Module.pdf
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Auto Backup Module

justincc
Nice, DutchGlory.

I see you're still referring to [Region Name].[Key Name] for configuring per-region.

I thought that this was moved to the region ini config instead.  Is it in both places?  I can't remember.

On 09/05/11 22:28, DutchGlory wrote:

> not sure if  "Auto Backup Module" is fully implemented within opensim
> being in "OptionalModules" folder, but i made a quick manual already (taken
> from source code)
>
> get it here.. (right click, save link as..)
> http://cid-354f6bdd4c54bbb7.office.live.com/self.aspx/Openbaar/Auto-Backup-Module.pdf
> Auto-Backup-Module.pdf
>
> -----

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: Auto Backup Module

Opensimfan
I thought all setting needed to be in OpenSimDefault.ini under "[AutoBackupModule]".
(missed that  ) But Autobackup settings within Regions.ini
makes more scene.  The actual  text from the manual i copied from "AutoBackupModule.cs".
i made text better readable with ms-word..

talking about this, question:
The setting "AutoBackupScript" would it be possible to add .txt scripts?
like the "command-script" option in opensim maybe safer then executing a .bat or .exe file.

thanks
dutchglory
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Auto Backup Module

Sean McNamara

I just subscribed to the opensim-users list (I was previously only on
opensim-dev, sorry about that!) so I didn't see your question. Now I
will respond:

1. Thank you so much for contributing the user's guide for AutoBackup! :-)

2. Justin is correct that the code now recognizes options in
Regions.ini for per-region configs, *rather than* under
[AutoBackupModule] in OpenSim.ini. The mechanism for specifying global
settings (i.e., defaults for all regions unless overridden) is the
same as ever; specify the settings in [AutoBackupModule] *without*
prefixing it with a region name.

Just to be perfectly clear, it is *no longer* valid syntax to specify
settings under [AutoBackupModule] of the format
RegionName.SettingName. This was only supported during the development
of the module.

3. The reason you are confused about the per-region config syntax is
that I changed it at the last minute (per Justin's request), and
neglected to update the documentation in the source code. Oops! I'm
very sorry about that.

I'll cook up a patch to properly document the current per-region
config mechanism.

For now, please refer to
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Feature_Proposals/AutoBackup under the
section "Configuration Settings". This section contains current,
accurate information about all the settings and how to set them. Feel
free to update your guide based on this information.

Justin: where should I officially document this on the wiki? I agree
that the feature proposal shouldn't be THE documentation; putting the
same information on an official docs page would be more accessible for
those who are navigating through the wiki in the documentation section
looking for information about AutoBackup.

Feel free to respond to the list rather than my private email; I am
now subscribed to the list. And sorry again for the delay and the
omission in the source code documentation.

Sean

Re: Auto Backup Module

Opensimfan
This post was updated on .
Sean,

thank you for replaying.

I've updated the manual and its avaiable here:
Auto-Backup-Module-2.pdf  (UPDATED  VERSION)

with making the manual, i missed the move to regions.ini
but with this manual and information on wiki, it should be to install...

and maybe in the far future also for .iar files?
but for this you need to make a permanent backup folder(s) in your inventory
with all you want to backup and update it daily/weekly.

thanks
Dutchglory..
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Auto Backup Module

Opensimfan
who is using autobackup? does it work?  I don't see an autobackup actually being executed...
this is my Opensim.ini http://pastebin.com/6dxD5Cys hope this is ok. here my opensim.log http://pastebin.mozilla.org/1225545

dutch

OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Auto Backup Module

paul emery
Hi,
Am running diva 7.1 Post_Fixes and have this in my regions file.

[3dcolabDiva1]
RegionUUID = "a65da9ce-baed-4f47-a905-0c5c8c0754b8"
Location = "7134,7373"
InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
InternalPort = 9015
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = "3dcolab.com"
AutoBackup = True

Was expecting to see an oar file appear in either the bin or the regions folder after 12 hours but it does not.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for all help.

Re: Auto Backup Module

Diva Canto
Autobackup is not part of OpenSim 0.7.1. It's an experimental feature
still in development in 0.7.2 (Dev) only for the time being. It will be
in 0.7.2.

On 5/15/2011 7:26 AM, paul emery wrote:

> Hi,
> Am running diva 7.1 Post_Fixes and have this in my regions file.
>
> [3dcolabDiva1]
> RegionUUID = "a65da9ce-baed-4f47-a905-0c5c8c0754b8"
> Location = "7134,7373"
> InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
> InternalPort = 9015
> AllowAlternatePorts = False
> ExternalHostName = "3dcolab.com"
> AutoBackup = True
>
> Was expecting to see an oar file appear in either the bin or the regions
> folder after 12 hours but it does not.
> What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks for all help.

Re: Auto Backup Module

Sean McNamara
On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Diva Canto <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Autobackup is not part of OpenSim 0.7.1. It's an experimental feature still
> in development in 0.7.2 (Dev) only for the time being. It will be in 0.7.2.

Yes, that is correct. This is why it doesn't work on Diva Distro. But
even if he were using opensim git master, he's still missing some
configuration, so I will include that below.

> On 5/15/2011 7:26 AM, paul emery wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Am running diva 7.1 Post_Fixes and have this in my regions file.

You also need to add, in OpenSim.ini:

[AutoBackupModule]
AutoBackupModuleEnabled = True

>> [3dcolabDiva1]
>> RegionUUID = "a65da9ce-baed-4f47-a905-0c5c8c0754b8"
>> Location = "7134,7373"
>> InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
>> InternalPort = 9015
>> AllowAlternatePorts = False
>> ExternalHostName = "3dcolab.com"
>> AutoBackup = True
>>
>> Was expecting to see an oar file appear in either the bin or the regions
>> folder after 12 hours but it does not.
>> What am I doing wrong?
>> Thanks for all help.

Re: Auto Backup Module