Avatar Clothes in Phoenix Viewer 3

Kay McLennan

I just tried out the Phoenix Viewer 3 in OpenSim and discovered I can "skin" my avatar and add hair and other avatar attachments but cannot add [viewer 1.2 or 1.4 beta] clothes.  Are integrated clothes (read skin plus clothes) needed in a mesh-enabled viewer or do avatars need to wear mesh clothes in a mesh viewer or something else?

Best,
Kay

Kay McLennan
Tulane SCS Metaverse

Re: Avatar Clothes in Phoenix Viewer 3

Robert L martin
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Kay McLennan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just tried out the Phoenix Viewer 3 in OpenSim and discovered I can "skin"
> my avatar and add hair and other avatar attachments but cannot add [viewer
> 1.2 or 1.4 beta] clothes.  Are integrated clothes (read skin plus clothes)
> needed in a mesh-enabled viewer or do avatars need to wear mesh clothes in a
> mesh viewer or something else?

as far as i can tell with FireStorm (which is the 3.* codebase
Phoenix) the way it works is if you are using a premesh shape you can
use either Mesh Clothing or old style clothing (btw the Skin is a
clothing layer item).

If you are using a Mesh Avatar (btw does anybody know where that
Blender/Makehuman rigged avatar can CURRENTLY be downloaded??) then
you will need to use Mesh Clothing.

--
Robert L Martin

Re: Avatar Clothes in Phoenix Viewer 3

Mike Chase
On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 13:05 -0500, Robert Martin wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Kay McLennan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I just tried out the Phoenix Viewer 3 in OpenSim and discovered I can "skin"
> > my avatar and add hair and other avatar attachments but cannot add [viewer
> > 1.2 or 1.4 beta] clothes.  Are integrated clothes (read skin plus clothes)
> > needed in a mesh-enabled viewer or do avatars need to wear mesh clothes in a
> > mesh viewer or something else?
> >
> as far as i can tell with FireStorm (which is the 3.* codebase
> Phoenix) the way it works is if you are using a premesh shape you can
> use either Mesh Clothing or old style clothing (btw the Skin is a
> clothing layer item).
>
> If you are using a Mesh Avatar (btw does anybody know where that
> Blender/Makehuman rigged avatar can CURRENTLY be downloaded??) then
> you will need to use Mesh Clothing.

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/

Mike

Re: Avatar Clothes in Phoenix Viewer 3

Ken Grunke
On 1/13/2012 12:05 PM, Robert Martin wrote:
> If you are using a Mesh Avatar (btw does anybody know where that
> Blender/Makehuman rigged avatar can CURRENTLY be downloaded??) then
> you will need to use Mesh Clothing.

If you are referring to the Avatar Workbench Blender files:
http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/

There are 3 versions: For Blender 2.49b, 2.5, and 2.60

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Ken Grunke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If you are referring to the Avatar Workbench Blender files:
> http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/
>
> There are 3 versions: For Blender 2.49b, 2.5, and 2.60

as i said is there a CURRENT link to the files since that site has
been facedown in the gutter for the last 3 months.

you wouldn't be able to upload the 2.6 copy to somewhere handy??

--
Robert L Martin

Re: Avatar Clothes in Phoenix Viewer 3

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Hi Robert, this site has always worked for me.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Robert Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Ken Grunke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If you are referring to the Avatar Workbench Blender files:
> http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/
>
> There are 3 versions: For Blender 2.49b, 2.5, and 2.60

as i said is there a CURRENT link to the files since that site has
been facedown in the gutter for the last 3 months.

you wouldn't be able to upload the 2.6 copy to somewhere handy??

--
Robert L Martin

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Robert, this site has always worked for me.

great do you have a place you can upload a copy of the 2.6 version
file so i can get to it??

I ALWAYS GET SERVER BUSY

(or if its small enough can you just email me a copy)

--
Robert L Martin

On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 14:10 -0500, Robert Martin wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Ken Grunke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > If you are referring to the Avatar Workbench Blender files:
> > http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/
> >
> > There are 3 versions: For Blender 2.49b, 2.5, and 2.60
>
> as i said is there a CURRENT link to the files since that site has
> been facedown in the gutter for the last 3 months.
>
> you wouldn't be able to upload the 2.6 copy to somewhere handy??

I havent had any issues getting to it at all, in fact did just now when
I sent the link to you.

Mike

On 1/13/2012 1:10 PM, Robert Martin wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Ken Grunke<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> If you are referring to the Avatar Workbench Blender files:
>> http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/
>>
>> There are 3 versions: For Blender 2.49b, 2.5, and 2.60
> as i said is there a CURRENT link to the files since that site has
> been facedown in the gutter for the last 3 months.
>
> you wouldn't be able to upload the 2.6 copy to somewhere handy??

I've accessed that site a few times in the last month, not sure why you
can't get there?
Anyways I sent you a copy of the 2.6 one, and there's also one with with
the Rigging patch from Masami Kuramoto here:
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Rigged-mesh-export-from-Blender-2-60/m-p/1244397#M9202

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Ken Grunke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've accessed that site a few times in the last month, not sure why you
> can't get there?
> Anyways I sent you a copy of the 2.6 one, and there's also one with with the
> Rigging patch from Masami Kuramoto here:
dunno why it seems to not like me but thanks for the file(s) im
playing with MakeHuman and need the file to sort out rigging (to use
for SecondLife/OpenSim Export)

--
Robert L Martin

Re: Avatar Clothes in Phoenix Viewer 3

core
On 1/13/2012 12:05 PM, Robert Martin wrote:

i believe the file you're looking for is here:
http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/.  hope this is the one.

- core / jason