Avatar on sit target and region crossing

Avatar on sit target and region crossing

TwistedStickfigure
When I sit my avatar on a moving object and it moves across a region border, The objext appears and the avatar appears but the avatar is not reattached to the sit target.

What can I do?  I just want the avatar to resume the sit position on the object in the new region.

Twisted Stickfigure
Twisted Labs on Osgrid

Re: Avatar on sit target and region crossing

justincc
I suspect this is a current OpenSimulator bug (or more correctly perhaps an unimplemented feature).

I'm not sure what you can do in the meantime, unless somebody on this list has any suggestions/workarounds.

On 02/09/12 00:42, TwistedStickfigure wrote:

> When I sit my avatar on a moving object and it moves across a region border,
> The objext appears and the avatar appears but the avatar is not reattached
> to the sit target.
>
> What can I do?  I just want the avatar to resume the sit position on the
> object in the new region.

OSVW Consulting

Re: Avatar on sit target and region crossing

TwistedStickfigure
Thank you. I thought that might be the case.

So, any suggestions or workarounds?  Anybody?

Twisted Stickfigure
Twisted Labs on Osgrid

Re: Avatar on sit target and region crossing

gimisa
Hi

a bit late reply. I have gaine a bit of experience with building the jetpack you can find in 4freedom_content region. That object move the avatar around the 4 sim of the 4freedom site. I could not make it to work as a sit object. But as an attachment for a flying avatar  it works great.

As default it use teleport. But You will find in the object the 4 region crossing method  I have tried .The one you might find interesting is the applied impulse. This methode push the avatar accross the sim to the other region. At that point I have experiement that using a timer event is the most stable script restart methode.

Just an idea. Hope it helps

GiMiSa

Re: Avatar on sit target and region crossing

TwistedStickfigure

Thank you I will have to take a look inside.  Your Jetpack gives me an idea for something else, but that is another story.

I have to thank you for the invitation to your region. That was an awsome tour.  :)

Cheers
Twisted

a bit late reply. I have gaine a bit of experience with building the jetpack you can find in 4freedom_content region. That object move the avatar around the 4 sim of the 4freedom site. I could not make it to work as a sit object. But as an attachment for a flying avatar  it works great.

As default it use teleport. But You will find in the object the 4 region crossing method  I have tried .The one you might find interesting is the applied impulse. This methode push the avatar accross the sim to the other region. At that point I have experiement that using a timer event is the most stable script restart methode.

Just an idea. Hope it helps

GiMiSa

http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Avatar-on-sit-target-and-region-crossing-tp7578528p7578833.html
To unsubscribe from Avatar on sit target and region crossing, click here.
NAML
Twisted Stickfigure
Twisted Labs on Osgrid