Best Viewer For Uploading Mesh?

Sarge Misfit
Subject says it all, :-)
Which viewer uploads mesh fastest with fewest errors?

Sarge

Re: Best Viewer For Uploading Mesh?

Michael Emory Cerquoni
I use the standard LL viewer when uploading Mesh, it has the best track record by far!

Subject says it all, :-)

Michael Emory Cerquoni - Nebadon Izumi @ http://osgrid.org

At 11:00 07/06/2012, [hidden email] wrote:
>Is there any way to get more information when the loading fails about
>exactly what was wrong and what might possibly fix it?

The viewer log file (for Windows users in e.g.
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs) gives some
details of mesh errors in some cases.

I use the standard LL viewer.. which for me had a good record in the
last year of so, even with very complex meshes until recently.  See
this LL JIRA entry for some problems in calculating weights and
upload costs in recent versions.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-3055

After seeing a suggestion in the discussiom forums, I went back to
the older version 3.2.4 for uploads to OpenSim and that worked again
fine. I could then  switch back to the most recent 3.2.2 and the
meshes were able to be rezzed and vieweed fine.  It was just uploads
that had errors at the point where costs were being calculated.