BetaGridLikeMoneyModule - Enabled all the time?

BetaGridLikeMoneyModule - Enabled all the time?

aiaustin
I am seeing messages in the OpenSim.exe console that that all my
regions as "scenes" are being added to the "BetaGridLikeMoneyModule
(deferrred)" and similarly at shutdown each of the region scenes are
removed from "BetaGridLikeMoneyModule" (no indication of it being
deferred at that point.

Should BetaGridLikeMoneyModule always be working like this?  is it a
module that should be able to be completely turned off if its not wanted..?

In my OpenSim.ini in the [Economy] section I have SellEnabled = "false"
I see no over    enabled = true or false      variable in the Economy section.

Looking back at the OpenSim.exe logs I see that the module loader
mentions the BetaGridLikeMoney module as being "deferred load"

Should I report this on mantis?

Re: BetaGridLikeMoneyModule - Enabled all the time?

Diva Canto
This is how region modules work:

OpenSim loads up all available dlls under bin that contain region
modules, and loads up those region module classes. By convention most of
these classes have an Enabled configuration variable that the classes
themselves check upon being initialized. If they are not Enabled, they
are still loaded up in memory, but they are inactive.

That's the case with the MoneyModule and lots of others. The messages
you see on the console pertain to the classes themselves being found,
loaded and initialized -- and then stumbling on "hey I'm not Enabled,
cool, I'm not gonna do any work".

This is a bit unconventional as true module systems go (usually
enabled/disabled from the outside, not from the inside, of the modules),
but I doubt anyone has the balls to rewrite OpenSim's region module
system at this point... it's already gone through 2 versions. (although
it wouldn't be horrible)

Ai Austin wrote:

> I am seeing messages in the OpenSim.exe console that that all my regions
> as "scenes" are being added to the "BetaGridLikeMoneyModule (deferrred)"
> and similarly at shutdown each of the region scenes are removed from
> "BetaGridLikeMoneyModule" (no indication of it being deferred at that
> point.
>
> Should BetaGridLikeMoneyModule always be working like this?  is it a
> module that should be able to be completely turned off if its not wanted..?
>
> In my OpenSim.ini in the [Economy] section I have SellEnabled = "false"
> I see no over    enabled = true or false      variable in the Economy
> section.
>
> Looking back at the OpenSim.exe logs I see that the module loader
> mentions the BetaGridLikeMoney module as being "deferred load"
>
> Should I report this on mantis?

Re: BetaGridLikeMoneyModule - Enabled all the time?

Teravus Ovares
There's also a replacable module structure in place with certain
modules where you can override one module with another module.  Such
is the case for the BetaGridLikeMoneyModule you speak of.    This is
why it says (deferred).

Regards

Teravus

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is how region modules work:
>
> OpenSim loads up all available dlls under bin that contain region modules,
> and loads up those region module classes. By convention most of these
> classes have an Enabled configuration variable that the classes themselves
> check upon being initialized. If they are not Enabled, they are still loaded
> up in memory, but they are inactive.
>
> That's the case with the MoneyModule and lots of others. The messages you
> see on the console pertain to the classes themselves being found, loaded and
> initialized -- and then stumbling on "hey I'm not Enabled, cool, I'm not
> gonna do any work".
>
> This is a bit unconventional as true module systems go (usually
> enabled/disabled from the outside, not from the inside, of the modules), but
> I doubt anyone has the balls to rewrite OpenSim's region module system at
> this point... it's already gone through 2 versions. (although it wouldn't be
> horrible)
>
> Ai Austin wrote:
>>
>> I am seeing messages in the OpenSim.exe console that that all my regions
>> as "scenes" are being added to the "BetaGridLikeMoneyModule (deferrred)" and
>> similarly at shutdown each of the region scenes are removed from
>> "BetaGridLikeMoneyModule" (no indication of it being deferred at that point.
>>
>> Should BetaGridLikeMoneyModule always be working like this?  is it a
>> module that should be able to be completely turned off if its not wanted..?
>>
>> In my OpenSim.ini in the [Economy] section I have SellEnabled = "false"
>> I see no over    enabled = true or false      variable in the Economy
>> section.
>>
>> Looking back at the OpenSim.exe logs I see that the module loader mentions
>> the BetaGridLikeMoney module as being "deferred load"
>>
>> Should I report this on mantis?

Re: BetaGridLikeMoneyModule - Enabled all the time?

Thanks Diva, and Teravus.. I understand now.  I had assumed disabled
meant not loaded of course.  I stand corrected.