Bounding box around mesh objects in opensim

Bounding box around mesh objects in opensim

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Hello,
I just tried an experiment. I created a ramp, just a cube with an edge removed and a surface created to connect the four vertices of the slanted face in a 3d mesh editor. Exported the collada file with physics High and then try to import it firstly in opensim and then in Second Life. In opensim, the ramp cannot function and the ramp behaves like a cube ie I cannot walk up the ramp. I upload the same collada file in Second Life, the ramp works just fine. Is this a known issue?
Thanks
Ramesh

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

Re: Bounding box around mesh objects in opensim

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Ok I should have tried harder. Read some documentation, and found that
I had to set
[Mesh]
 UseMeshiesPhysicsMesh = true
in opensim.ini