Breaking up Megaregions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Breaking up Megaregions

Klaus-E. Klingner
Hallo

I was planning to recreate our world based on the Universal Campus build
from UCI. To my chargrin I found that they are using megaregion. So if I
import the oars on a regular four-region world everything not on sim 1
has turned phantom. The same happens when I import everything in a
megaregion-world and turn off the megaregion afterwards.

Does anybody have a solution?

I was thinking of stepping through the database with a script,
correcting all coordinates bigger than 255. Would that help?

Regards,

Klaus
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Breaking up Megaregions

Diva Canto
On 12/4/2011 10:44 AM, Klaus-E. Klingner wrote:
> I was thinking of stepping through the database with a script,
> correcting all coordinates bigger than 255. Would that help?

Yes, that is the way to do it. Load up the OARs in a megaregion. Then
shut down the sim. Then do the backend DB  transformations. Reconfigure
the sim for non-mega. Reboot. I've done this once and it works.

I'm working with Nebadon to repackage the Universal Campus as non-mega,
additionally to mega.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Breaking up Megaregions

Lindy (McKeown) Orwin
In reply to this post by Klaus-E. Klingner
Hi Klaus
I wish you had posted this a week ago LOL.

We just loaded that up into ScienceSim in a non mega region format. Mic Bowman from Intel loaded the OARs. Not sure what he did but it loaded up well  but...
I found almost all of the items were phantom which I solved by walking around and taking a copy manually which seemed to just reset them to normal. I didn't have to put the copy out or anything, just went through the process of right clicking and taking a copy seemed to stop me from being able to walk through them. A script in the database would have been an elegant solution but was not available to me as I don't run the grid and I can't script.

There are lots of really huge prims that cross not only parcel boundaries but sim boundaries. Some of these were problematic to make not phantom using my very non technical method of just copying even when done from either side of the sim boundary to test if they were linked to one sim or the other. These I just made shorter and placed a new one the other side of the sim boundary. 

A few items just vaporized after a couple of days. For example, the podium in the amphitheater and the screen on the stage just vanished. They are nowhere near a sim boundary but I had not taken a copy of them.

The permissions are all set to Nebadon as owner and creator. Some items won't let me edit them and of course if I mess something up, I don't have the textures to fix it. 

Most of the more complex scripts don't work like the automatic flag and log changers. I thought these would work at least on the sim they were located on but they don't work at all.

 Simpler scripts like the rotation scripts for the swimming fish or the lighthouse light rotation that are embedded int he object they relate to are working fine though. 

I don't know if any of the items that look like video screens work yet. 

I'd welcome any advice on using this amazing and really useful build. I am grateful to the creators as our informal-science based virtual world for girls got off to a great start with this. 

thanks
Lindy 
-- 

Lindy (McKeown) Orwin
Second Life and OpenSim Grids  - Decka Mah
Cell: 360 536 5047 (USA)
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://lindyorwin.com
Virtual World Project Manager:
Hypatia - A STEM Virtual World for Girls (USA)


"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein


On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Klaus-E. Klingner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hallo

I was planning to recreate our world based on the Universal Campus build from UCI. To my chargrin I found that they are using megaregion. So if I import the oars on a regular four-region world everything not on sim 1 has turned phantom. The same happens when I import everything in a megaregion-world and turn off the megaregion afterwards.

Does anybody have a solution?

I was thinking of stepping through the database with a script, correcting all coordinates bigger than 255. Would that help?

Regards,

Klaus
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users






_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Breaking up Megaregions

Klaus-E. Klingner
In reply to this post by Diva Canto
Wow that is good news :) Please announce the availability through the list!

Still I think I will take a look at the database. I will probably have to change the owner sim too?

Regards,

Till

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 04.12.2011 um 20:04 schrieb Diva Canto <[hidden email]>:

> On 12/4/2011 10:44 AM, Klaus-E. Klingner wrote:
>> I was thinking of stepping through the database with a script, correcting all coordinates bigger than 255. Would that help?
>
> Yes, that is the way to do it. Load up the OARs in a megaregion. Then shut down the sim. Then do the backend DB  transformations. Reconfigure the sim for non-mega. Reboot. I've done this once and it works.
>
> I'm working with Nebadon to repackage the Universal Campus as non-mega, additionally to mega.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Breaking up Mega regions

Gary Banham
In reply to this post by Klaus-E. Klingner
Hello Klaus I just loaded your oar into a mega region and it worked very
well
when I tried to load in a non mega one I got about a hundred out of memory
exceptions and it eventually crashed the sim
I'll stick with the mega region for now
Perhaps you could tell me there appears to be 8 oar files 2 are quite large
the others are small
I only got the 10052011 file to run I did not try the others in the mega
region
I tried both the large oars in the non mega region the first was the one I
had problems with the second only loaded land and nothing else
I would appreciate any enlightenment you can give me on the files
Thanks
Gary

TC

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Klaus-E.
Klingner
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:44 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Opensim-users] Breaking up Megaregions

Hallo

I was planning to recreate our world based on the Universal Campus build
from UCI. To my chargrin I found that they are using megaregion. So if I
import the oars on a regular four-region world everything not on sim 1 has
turned phantom. The same happens when I import everything in a
megaregion-world and turn off the megaregion afterwards.

Does anybody have a solution?

I was thinking of stepping through the database with a script, correcting
all coordinates bigger than 255. Would that help?

Regards,

Klaus
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Breaking up Mega regions

Klaus-E. Klingner
Hallo Gary,

I think you misunderstood my mail. I am not the creator of tose oars. The eight oars you mention actually are two different versions. I have been able to use both in a megaregion sim and in a regular four sim world without any problems (except for the described phantom problem in the regular regions).

If I have time I will put the conversion script together and (provided it works) I will post it.

Regards,

Klaus

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 05.12.2011 um 07:05 schrieb "Gary Banham" <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Klaus I just loaded your oar into a mega region and it worked very
> well
> when I tried to load in a non mega one I got about a hundred out of memory
> exceptions and it eventually crashed the sim
> I'll stick with the mega region for now
> Perhaps you could tell me there appears to be 8 oar files 2 are quite large
> the others are small
> I only got the 10052011 file to run I did not try the others in the mega
> region
> I tried both the large oars in the non mega region the first was the one I
> had problems with the second only loaded land and nothing else
> I would appreciate any enlightenment you can give me on the files
> Thanks
> Gary
>
> TC
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Klaus-E.
> Klingner
> Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:44 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Opensim-users] Breaking up Megaregions
>
> Hallo
>
> I was planning to recreate our world based on the Universal Campus build
> from UCI. To my chargrin I found that they are using megaregion. So if I
> import the oars on a regular four-region world everything not on sim 1 has
> turned phantom. The same happens when I import everything in a
> megaregion-world and turn off the megaregion afterwards.
>
> Does anybody have a solution?
>
> I was thinking of stepping through the database with a script, correcting
> all coordinates bigger than 255. Would that help?
>
> Regards,
>
> Klaus
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Breaking up Mega regions

Gary Banham
thank you sorry its late here and I don't always read things correctly
TC
Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Klaus-E.
Klingner
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 12:37 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Breaking up Mega regions

Hallo Gary,

I think you misunderstood my mail. I am not the creator of tose oars. The
eight oars you mention actually are two different versions. I have been able
to use both in a megaregion sim and in a regular four sim world without any
problems (except for the described phantom problem in the regular regions).

If I have time I will put the conversion script together and (provided it
works) I will post it.

Regards,

Klaus

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 05.12.2011 um 07:05 schrieb "Gary Banham" <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Klaus I just loaded your oar into a mega region and it worked
> very well when I tried to load in a non mega one I got about a hundred
> out of memory exceptions and it eventually crashed the sim I'll stick
> with the mega region for now Perhaps you could tell me there appears
> to be 8 oar files 2 are quite large the others are small I only got
> the 10052011 file to run I did not try the others in the mega region I
> tried both the large oars in the non mega region the first was the one
> I had problems with the second only loaded land and nothing else I
> would appreciate any enlightenment you can give me on the files Thanks
> Gary
>
> TC
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Klaus-E.
> Klingner
> Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:44 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Opensim-users] Breaking up Megaregions
>
> Hallo
>
> I was planning to recreate our world based on the Universal Campus
> build from UCI. To my chargrin I found that they are using megaregion.
> So if I import the oars on a regular four-region world everything not
> on sim 1 has turned phantom. The same happens when I import everything
> in a megaregion-world and turn off the megaregion afterwards.
>
> Does anybody have a solution?
>
> I was thinking of stepping through the database with a script,
> correcting all coordinates bigger than 255. Would that help?
>
> Regards,
>
> Klaus
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Breaking up Megaregions

gobigreenwood
In reply to this post by Klaus-E. Klingner
if you have access to the opensim console, try "fix-phantoms"

and Thank Diva for that solution (worked for me).

http://metaverseink.com/blog/?p=28 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Breaking up Megaregions

Klaus-E. Klingner
Unfortunately this seems to work only if you load oars into a sub region of a megaregion. The console told me the command is not known.

Regards

Klaus

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 05.12.2011 um 22:49 schrieb gobigreenwood <[hidden email]>:

> if you have access to the opensim console, try "fix-phantoms"
>
> and Thank Diva for that solution (worked for me).
>
> http://metaverseink.com/blog/?p=28 
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Breaking-up-Megaregions-tp7060770p7064690.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Breaking up Megaregions

GarminKawaguichi
fix-phantoms for Megaregion

This command is effective only when the [Startup] contains
CombineContiguousRegions = true

Its purpose seems to correct the classification of prims when we move FROM
separate regions TO a megaregion.

Note: the help for that command is poorly written in the OpenSim console

The correct syntax is: fix-phantoms without capitals and with the dash

GCI

----- Original Message -----
From: "Klaus-E. Klingner" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 5:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Breaking up Megaregions


> Unfortunately this seems to work only if you load oars into a sub region
> of a megaregion. The console told me the command is not known.
> Klaus

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users