Builder's Buddy Script in OpenSim?

Len W. Brown
Have any of you had any experience with the Builder's Buddy script in OpenSim?  I've noticed many of my Second Life scripts work in OpenSim without problem but I've not yet tried Builder's Buddy.

For those unfamiliar, Builder's Buddy consists of two scripts - one being the main one in a primary prim, such as a box and the second script placed in various objects.comprising parts of a whole structure.  The end result is being able to rez a box and from that a menu allows rezzing and reassembly of a whole complex structure.  A form of "pre-packaged" structure.

Thanks!

Re: Builder's Buddy Script in OpenSim?

Mark Seeley
Have a look in the scripting forum at osgrid.org.  There's a working version posted there for Opensimulator.

http://www.osgrid.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1364

It's not as valuable in Opensimulator as in SL since prim link sets can be much larger, but still a good tool.

Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:30:52 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Opensim-users] Builder's Buddy Script in OpenSim?

Have any of you had any experience with the Builder's Buddy script in OpenSim?  I've noticed many of my Second Life scripts work in OpenSim without problem but I've not yet tried Builder's Buddy.

For those unfamiliar, Builder's Buddy consists of two scripts - one being the main one in a primary prim, such as a box and the second script placed in various objects.comprising parts of a whole structure.  The end result is being able to rez a box and from that a menu allows rezzing and reassembly of a whole complex structure.  A form of "pre-packaged" structure.

Thanks!

Re: Builder's Buddy Script in OpenSim?

Len W. Brown
Very handy!  Thanks and I'll stretch my legs around the forum and see what else I can find on there too.  I appreciate it.

You know, you're right about it being less valuable in OS than SL.  However, I rather got a blast, in Second Life, in linking very small link sets or even individual pieces.  Mainly, I got a kind of thrill from rezzing a box and then having it "explode" in a shower of prims that each assembled into a whole structure.  A bit of a lot of work putting the scripts in all those prims, but kinda fun rezzing stuff all the more.

- Len

Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:30:52 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]