Building addon-modules

Jeff Kelley
I have near zero experience in C# building, besides ./runprebuild.sh & xbuild.

I am writing an add-on (based on ModInvoke) and would like to know if
it is possible to shorten the cycle by selectively building the
module.

Thanks for any help.

-- Jeff

Re: Building addon-modules

Oren Hurvitz
You only need to run runprebuild.sh *once*. That creates the build files, and after that you just need to compile the project after each change.

I use Visual Studio, and it rebuilds the project in seconds (except for the very first build). It knows which modules have changed, and which dependent modules also need to be recompiled. You can use the free Visual Studio Express, or perhaps the newly announced Visual Studio Community Edition.

BTW, this question would be better answered on the mailing list opensim-dev.

Oren

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Jeff Kelley <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have near zero experience in C# building, besides ./runprebuild.sh & xbuild.

I am writing an add-on (based on ModInvoke) and would like to know if it is possible to shorten the cycle by selectively building the module.

Thanks for any help.

-- Jeff

Oren Hurvitz
VP R&D
Kitely Ltd.

Email: [hidden email][hidden email]

Re: Building addon-modules

Jeff Kelley
At 8:17 AM +0200 14/11/14, Oren Hurvitz wrote:

>I use Visual Studio, and it rebuilds the project in seconds (except
>for the very first
>build). It knows which modules have changed, and which dependent modules also
>need to be recompiled. You can use the free Visual Studio Express,
>or perhaps the
>newly announced Visual Studio Community Edition.

I'm compiling via ssh, and my desktop is a Mac.

Maybe I can have a look at http://monodevelop.com/

Thanks for the advice.

-- Jeff