Buying and Selling Land - What module is needed?

Buying and Selling Land - What module is needed?

Fleep Tuque
Hi folks,

We have an upcoming project on our campus grid that is going to require students to be able to own parcels.  As far as I can tell reading various posts on the listserv and notes on the opensim wiki, it appears some kind of economy module is required to permit land transactions, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what module and what the steps are to facilitate this.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  If it matters, the grid is running on Windows Server 2008.

Thanks in advance!

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

Re: Buying and Selling Land - What module is needed?

R.Gunther

Us there a complete list / wike about what are good privilede settings for mysql and the various opensim application. Like opensim, groups, landtools ?

Re: Buying and Selling Land - What module is needed?

Fleep Tuque
Hi Nebadon,

I must have done something wrong, buying and selling land still doesn't seem to be working.  Here are the steps I followed to try to implement this (windows server):

1. Download the helper tools zip file from http://download.osgrid.org/helper_tools_opensim.zip and unpackage

2. Copy the helper directory to webserver root; give creator-owner read/write perms, IUSR read perms

3. Create a new mysql account, give read only perms:  GRANT SELECT ON opensim.* TO user_name;

4.  Create a new banker user account on my grid, copy UUID for string in the config file.

5. Used the following settings in \helper\settings\config.php:

##################### System #########################
define("SYSNAME","FleepGrid);
define("SYSURL","http://fleepgrid.com");
define("SYSMAIL","[hidden email]");

$userInventoryURI="http://fleepgrid.com:8002";
$userAssetURI="http://fleepgrid.com:8003";

// Key of the account that all fees go to:
$economy_sink_account="<UUID of my banker avatar>";

// Key of the account that all purchased currency is debited from:
$economy_source_account="<UUID of my banker avatar>";

//Server Hanlder URL to get images eg.: http://127.0.0.1:9000/
$RegionImageServer="http://74.83.148.18:8003";

##################### Database ########################
define("C_DB_TYPE","mysql");
//Your Hostname here:
define("C_DB_HOST","localhost");
//Your Databasename here:
define("C_DB_NAME","<my database name>");
//Your Username from Database here:
define("C_DB_USER","<my read only mysql helper account username>");
//Your Database Password here:
define("C_DB_PASS","<my password for the helper account above>");

6.  Changed the helper URI in robust.HG.ini:

7.  Restarted ROBUST

After that, I logged in and created a parcel and set it for sale to a test user account, logged in the test user account to try to purchase it, and got the same "Could not complete purchase" errors I saw before.

Not sure what I did wrong, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Nebadon Izumi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yep, I refreshed the info in the grid manager (Imp) and the correct URL came up:  http://fleepgrid.com/helper

I also tried switching the database account info to a full perm (read/write) mysql user..

I tried switching between FQDN and IP addresses for the connection strings..

I double checked the permissions on the directory..

I must be doing something so silly I can't see it!

http://ucsim.uc.edu

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Nebadon Izumi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

James Hughes
Is "helper.php" accessed by http://fleepgrid.com/helper (is it in subdir
- helper: ./htdocs/helper/helper.php), or is helper.php in your webroot?

-BlueWall

On 09/21/2012 12:12 PM, Fleep Tuque wrote:

> 6.  Changed the helper URI in robust.HG.ini:
>
> economy = http://fleepgrid.com/helper

Re: Buying and Selling Land - What module is needed?

James Hughes
err - make that your landtool.php...

On 09/21/2012 02:22 PM, James Hughes wrote:

> Is "helper.php" accessed by http://fleepgrid.com/helper (is it in subdir
> - helper: ./htdocs/helper/helper.php), or is helper.php in your webroot?
>

> -BlueWall
>

> On 09/21/2012 12:12 PM, Fleep Tuque wrote:
>>
>> 6. Changed the helper URI in robust.HG.ini:
>>
>> economy = http://fleepgrid.com/helper

Re: Buying and Selling Land - What module is needed?

Fleep Tuque
Yep landtool.php is in the \helper directory, not a subdir:  C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helper\landtool.php

... Sorry, I have no idea what else could be wrong.  I'll check the config settings again to make sure I don't have a dumb typo somewhere.

I guess just to clarify though, Line 16 asks for $userInventoryURI but I wasn't sure what URI it wanted.  I used the string from HomeURI in the [HGInventoryAccessModule] section of the gridcommon.ini file, is that correct?

Also, Line 47 asks for $RegionImageServer, wasn't sure about that either. I used the string from the [GridService] section in gridcommon.ini, hopefully that was ok.

Thanks again for the help, as always!

On 09/21/2012 02:59 PM, Fleep Tuque wrote:

> Yep landtool.php is in the \helper directory, not a subdir:
>   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helper\landtool.php
>
> ... Sorry, I have no idea what else could be wrong.  I'll check the
> config settings again to make sure I don't have a dumb typo somewhere.
>
> I guess just to clarify though, Line 16 asks for $userInventoryURI but I
> wasn't sure what URI it wanted.  I used the string from HomeURI in the
> [HGInventoryAccessModule] section of the gridcommon.ini file, is that
> correct?
>
> Also, Line 47 asks for $RegionImageServer, wasn't sure about that
> either. I used the string from the [GridService] section in
> gridcommon.ini, hopefully that was ok.
>
> Thanks again for the help, as always!
>
> - Chris/Fleep
>
> Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
> Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
> UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
> University of Cincinnati
> 406A Zimmer Hall
> 315 College Drive
> PO BOX 210088
> Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> (513) 556-3018
>
> http://ucsim.uc.edu
>

> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM, James Hughes <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     err - make that your landtool.php...
>

>     On 09/21/2012 02:22 PM, James Hughes wrote:
>
>         Is "helper.php" accessed by http://fleepgrid.com/helper (is it
>         in subdir
>         - helper: ./htdocs/helper/helper.php), or is helper.php in your
>         webroot?
>

>         -BlueWall
>

>         On 09/21/2012 12:12 PM, Fleep Tuque wrote:
>

>             6. Changed the helper URI in robust.HG.ini:
>
>             economy = http://fleepgrid.com/helper

I'm not sure about those - I think OSG is consolidating some things in
it. You can watch your access_log and error_log files (if this apache,
else use the log files for your server) to see that it is trying to
access the url when purchasing land is attempted - and any errors that
might be encountered.

-BlueWall

PS: http://pastebin.com/atAmukt2 is a minimal landtool.php that I have
used in the past. It is a self-contained, single file and works for any
land purchases that do not need to purchase currency.

Re: Buying and Selling Land - What module is needed?

Fleep Tuque
Oh and in case anyone comes upon this thread later and isn't sure how to implement it, here are the steps I used to implement the standalone landtool.php script to enable buying and selling land for 0 currency:

1.  Copy and paste the text from http://pastebin.com/atAmukt2 into a text file and rename it "landtool.php".

2.  Create a directory named \helper in your webserver root directory.  For example, on Windows, the path should look like C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helper.

3. Move the landtool.php file to the \helper directory and give the creator-owner read/write permissions, give internet users read permissions.

4.  If you don't already have one, create a banker avatar account for your grid and get the UUID of the avatar account.

5.  Edit the landtool.php file and in the #Settings section, add the connection details for your opensim database:

# Settings
#
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbname = "<your opensim database name>";
$dbuser = "<your opensim database username>";
$dbpass = "<your opensim database user password>";

6.  Set the $economy_source_account and $economy_sink_account strings to the UUID of the banker avatar account UUID that you created in Step 4.

7.  For those running in grid mode, edit your robust.HG.ini file and add your new helper URL in the [GridInfoService] section:

; helper uri: optional: if it exists if will be used to tell the client to use
    ;                       this for all economy related things

Note the trailing slash at the end of the URL - that must be there for the tool to work!

8.  Restart your ROBUST service and the landtool.php script should now enable the buying and selling of land for 0 currency.

Hopefully that all sounds correct and thanks again to all for helping me get this working!

<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

[...]

Nicky Perian
I have on the same computer robust(robust.ini)  and opensim and iis.
I think I have followed the directions from earlier post but,
am unable to buy after setting the land for sale. Selling to anyone at 0$ is not allowed.
I set to sell to an avi, login and attempt to buy and get notice that the sale cannot be completed
at this time.

I must be missing a setting.

Thanks for the instructions for get me this for.

Nicky

Re: Buying and Selling Land - What module is needed?

Randy Pierce
Nicky,

I am also in the same predicament. I just upgraded to v0.7.5.RC1 (not that this had anything to do with the problem because it was there beforehand) on a series of Windows XP computers. I also wanted to get the land divided up and ready for some sort of business venture. Before I took the time to divide land up, I felt the need to get this land tool operating. I have followed the EXCELLENT steps listed in the tool. I can also set land for sale at $0 or even $500 but apparently there is still something gone haywire.

My system is not even indicating any money form at all ... is this where XMLRPC (or some other form of module) has to be installed and working correctly?

~ Randy
Changing the world - one prim at a time! The Insight Concepts Grid http://gcse.dyndns.org:8002

Re: Buying and Selling Land - What module is needed?

Melanie
Opensim out of the box supports land sale for $0. This is done by
pointing the -helperuri at the simulator's address and port.

To sell land for actual $ amounts, you need to have a money module
installed and also need to landtool (from wiredux or other sources)
installed, adapted to your system and configured. -helperuri needs
to be pointed to the webserver hosting landtool then.

- Melanie