Cannot Import Second Life Object into Opensim - incompatble format

Cannot Import Second Life Object into Opensim - incompatble format

Hao Liu
 Hi all,

I have used the OpenMetaverse TestClient to download a object XML from
Second Life. But I cannot import it into opensim via Hippo viewer or
other viewers. It says "the XML file has an incompatble format".

I checked the XML file, it indeed has different tag names from the
object XML created by Opensim. Anybody can tell me how to make this
work (copy my own object from second life into opensim)?

Thanks!

Re: Cannot Import Second Life Object into Opensim -incompatble format

GarminKawaguichi

I have used the OpenMetaverse TestClient to download a object XML from
Second Life. But I cannot import it into opensim

Re: Cannot Import Second Life Object into Opensim - incompatble format

paul emery
I have copied objects from sl to os grid using imprudence however the
textures did not come over.
Paul Emery

Kay McLennan
FYI, the Stored Inventory program (formerly called Second Inventory) facilitates to export of items out of Second Life (if you are both the owner and creator), including all of the textures associated with the different items.  See http://www.secondinventory.com/ for more information on the Stored/Second Inventory program.

Best,
Kay McLennan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Emery" <[hidden email]>

Re: Cannot Import Second Life Object into Opensim- incompatble format

Hao Liu
Thanks. I saw it before, But it is not free...

On 10 December 2010 16:47, Kay McLennan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FYI, the Stored Inventory program (formerly called Second
> Inventory) facilitates to export of items out of Second Life (if you are
> both the owner and creator), including all of the textures associated with
> the different items.  See http://www.secondinventory.com/ for more
> information on the Stored/Second Inventory program.
>
> Best,
> Kay McLennan
>

> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Garmin Kawaguichi
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Emery" <[hidden email]>

Jason Shipley-2
Just an FYI - you can still use Boy Lane's Rainbow viewer (Both standard
and Cool Edition) to export your objects with textures properly.  They are
stored in the same format as Imprudence so either viewer can be used to
import these objects into an OpenSim environment.  Just select Import +
Upload as susal - the textures will be stored in the same directory as the
.xml file(s).  I still use it regularly to log into SL when I need a
light, fast viewer.

You can download the viewers here (SL 1.x rendering -  specifically
address possible glitches in older OpenSim versions):

http://coolviewer.googlecode.com/files/Rainbow_Viewer_1-22-12-5_Setup.exe
http://coolviewer.googlecode.com/files/Cool_Viewer_1-22-12-12_Setup.exe

(SL 2.x rendering for new alpha layers, etc.  Not necessary if you don't
care...)

http://coolviewer.googlecode.com/files/Rainbow_Viewer_1-22-12-6_Setup.exe
http://coolviewer.googlecode.com/files/Cool_Viewer_1-22-12-13_Setup.exe

Keep in mind that the llkdu and vivox drivers are not included, but
Rainbow runs well enough to do backups without them (or just add them
manually from an 'official" SL 1.22 viewer).

.core

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 08:16:31 -0800, Garmin Kawaguichi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Emery" <[hidden email]>

Arielle_P
Hao Liu wrote
 I checked the XML file, it indeed has different tag names from the
object XML created by Opensim. Anybody can tell me how to make this
work (copy my own object from second life into opensim)?
Afaik the openmetaverse client and the old Emerald and possibly by extension the new Phoenix had compatible xml formats. I have in past used Emerald to import objects that had been exported from S/L with a client based on the Openmetaverse one and a quick test with phoenix didn't give me any errors either.