Change the moon?

fokides

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the moon image in opensim?

There is a moon.jp2 file in bin\assets. I replaced that with a new one, failed.

I added a moon.png file and edited the bin\assets\TexturesAssetSet\TexturesAssetSet.xml file, pointing to the new file, failed.

I deleted the moon entry on the assets table in the database, uploaded a new moon image, changed the id, name, owner, etc of the image (in the assets table) to correspond to the old one, failed.

Searched in firestorm for a moon image (in case the viewer handles the moon image), failed

I also tried to change the stars based on http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6691

and

http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=viewblob&p=opensim&h=1b57f9ee33af5e83c1acd72ea91919edbb262ef1&f=bin/assets/TexturesAssetSet/TexturesAssetSet.xml

failed

Each time I restarted Opensim in order to apply any changes…

So, how can moon and stars be changed in Opensim????

Thanks in advance for your replies

Manos

Re: Change the moon?

Melanie
These items are downloaded once, on the very first login to any
grid, then cached by the viewer forever. They can't be updated from
the server after that.

Melanie

On 29/03/2014 17:20, Fokides Aegean wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Is there a way to change the moon image in opensim?
>

> There is a moon.jp2 file in bin\assets. I replaced that with a new one,
> failed.
>
> I added a moon.png file and edited the
> bin\assets\TexturesAssetSet\TexturesAssetSet.xml file, pointing to the new
> file, failed.
>
> I deleted the moon entry on the assets table in the database, uploaded a new
> moon image, changed the id, name, owner, etc of the image (in the assets
> table) to correspond to the old one, failed.
>
> Searched in firestorm for a moon image (in case the viewer handles the moon
> image), failed
>

> I also tried to change the stars based on
> http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6691
>
> and
>
> http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=viewblob&p=opensim&h=1b57f9ee33af5e83c1a
> cd72ea91919edbb262ef1&f=bin/assets/TexturesAssetSet/TexturesAssetSet.xml
>
> failed
>

> Each time I restarted Opensim in order to apply any changes.
>

> So, how can moon and stars be changed in Opensim????
>

> Thanks in advance for your replies
>
> Manos

Re: Change the moon?

fokides
Hi Melanie,

So what do you suggest?
Make changes to which opensim files?
Uninstall the viewer, delete all files of it (and in user\appdata folders)
and re-install it?
Would these steps download and cache the new moon file?

These items are downloaded once, on the very first login to any grid, then
cached by the viewer forever. They can't be updated from the server after
that.

Melanie

On 29/03/2014 17:20, Fokides Aegean wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Is there a way to change the moon image in opensim?
>

> There is a moon.jp2 file in bin\assets. I replaced that with a new
> one, failed.
>
> I added a moon.png file and edited the
> bin\assets\TexturesAssetSet\TexturesAssetSet.xml file, pointing to the
> new file, failed.
>
> I deleted the moon entry on the assets table in the database, uploaded
> a new moon image, changed the id, name, owner, etc of the image (in
> the assets
> table) to correspond to the old one, failed.
>
> Searched in firestorm for a moon image (in case the viewer handles the
> moon image), failed
>

> I also tried to change the stars based on
> http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6691
>
> and
>
> http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=viewblob&p=opensim&h=1b57f9ee33af5
> e83c1a
> cd72ea91919edbb262ef1&f=bin/assets/TexturesAssetSet/TexturesAssetSet.x
> ml
>
> failed
>

> Each time I restarted Opensim in order to apply any changes.
>

> So, how can moon and stars be changed in Opensim????
>

> Thanks in advance for your replies
>
> Manos

Re: Change the moon?

Melanie
Yes, deleting the viewer cache directories (not the same as simply
"clearing" cache!) will cause it to be redownloaded.

Melanie