Changing Default Terrain on new regions.

Changing Default Terrain on new regions.

steve
I am looking for a way to change the default terrain from pinhead to a
flat terrain level.

I have done some searching, but I don't know if it's been concise
enough.

-Steve

Re: Changing Default Terrain on new regions.

Han Held
It's set in OpenSim.ini:

[Terrain]
     ;# {InitialTerrain} {} {Initial terrain type} {pinhead-island flat}
pinhead-island
     ; InitialTerrain = "pinhead-island"
You'd want to change it to read

[Terrain]
     ;# {InitialTerrain} {} {Initial terrain type} {pinhead-island flat}
pinhead-island
     InitialTerrain = "flat"

HTH

On 07/10/2016 05:23 PM, Stephen Hart wrote:

> I am looking for a way to change the default terrain from pinhead to a
> flat terrain level.
>
> I have done some searching, but I don't know if it's been concise enough.
>
> -Steve

Re: Changing Default Terrain on new regions.

David P. Giffen-2
After creating the region I just change to that region and use the command
terrain fill 21. This covers the entire region with dirt 1 meter above the
water line. Then terraform from there.

I am looking for a way to change the default terrain from pinhead to a flat
terrain level.

I have done some searching, but I don't know if it's been concise enough.

-Steve

Kalasiddhi Grid Co-Coordinator

Web: http://www.kalasiddhigrid.com
Buddhism in Virtual Reality

Drang Po

Re: Changing Default Terrain on new regions.

Robert L martin
or you could just say hang the default and have a "stock" OAR you
load.   (does anybody have a good simple dance studio campus OAR?)

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 11:27 PM, Drang Po <[hidden email]> wrote:

> that's what I've been doing as well David
>
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 8:08 PM, David P. Giffen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> After creating the region I just change to that region and use the command
>> terrain fill 21. This covers the entire region with dirt 1 meter above the
>> water line. Then terraform from there.

Robert L Martin

Re: Changing Default Terrain on new regions.

Seth Nygard
You can change the default terrain type in the OpenSim.ini file as follows;

[Terrain]
     InitialTerrain = "flat"

This will then create a flat terrain instead of the pinhead island when
you create a region.

Re: Changing Default Terrain on new regions.

Han Held
I used to do that; but it ends up mucking things up with parcel IDs and
such.

It's better to simply use the "flat" setting in [Terrains] in
OpenSim.ini instead --or do it manually from the console.