Quantcast

Chat tool to follow conversations from various opensim grids in one place

Chat tool to follow conversations from various opensim grids in one place

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Hello there,
I was wondering if there is a chat tool that allows one to follow conversations from various groups one may have joined, in one place.
Would this be of interest?
Or please share if you are already doing it using some wizardry and existing tools :)
Thanks
Ramesh

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

Re: Chat tool to follow conversations from various opensim grids in one place

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
some clarification,I meant various groups across different grids

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello there,
I was wondering if there is a chat tool that allows one to follow conversations from various groups one may have joined, in one place.
Would this be of interest?
Or please share if you are already doing it using some wizardry and existing tools :)
Thanks
Ramesh

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: <a href="tel:208-240-0040" value="+12082400040" target="_blank">208-240-0040

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

Re: Chat tool to follow conversations from various opensim grids in one place

Jeff Kelley
At 11:25 AM -0400 7/5/16, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:

>  some clarification,I meant various groups across different grids

6-7 years ago, XGridChat has been used to relay groups across opensim
and SL grids.

https://github.com/dooglio/slitechat/tree/master/XGridChat

It is out of use now, and I am unable to compile it today.

-- Jeff

Re: Chat tool to follow conversations from various opensim grids in one place

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Hello Jeff,
Thanks for letting me know though. This work looks interesting.
Ramesh

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Jeff Kelley <[hidden email]> wrote:
At 11:25 AM -0400 7/5/16, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:

 some clarification,I meant various groups across different grids

6-7 years ago, XGridChat has been used to relay groups across opensim and SL grids.

https://github.com/dooglio/slitechat/tree/master/XGridChat

It is out of use now, and I am unable to compile it today.

-- Jeff

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

OpenSimSearch across physical servers

steve

So, I'm trying to set up OpenSimSearch and OpenSimProfile on a grid that has region servers. It has a core server(vps) for the robust and one region. All other regions are spread among seven other servers.

It's 0.9.0 beta, and we have compiled the source for both modules. It works on the robust server region, however, on any of the other vpss it isn't, not that it fails to try.

Right now I have the web files on both the region server and the robust. I'm using the robust database for the search and profile data. I don't know which set of web files to point the region servers to.

After setting it up, I load the parser.php both ways and the datasnapshot fails to fire in the region console.

I'm at a loss for what to do or what to try. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Jeff,
Thanks for letting me know though. This work looks interesting.
Ramesh

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Jeff Kelley <[hidden email]> wrote:
At 11:25 AM -0400 7/5/16, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:

some clarification,I meant various groups across different grids

6-7 years ago, XGridChat has been used to relay groups across opensim and SL grids.

https://github.com/dooglio/slitechat/tree/master/XGridChat

It is out of use now, and I am unable to compile it today.

-- Jeff

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

Re: OpenSimSearch across physical servers

ssm2017
hello
did you follow this procedure ? http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OpenSimSearch