Circular dependency in 8262

Frank W Sweet
Guys, the latest svn will not compile. It complains that: "A circular
dependency involving project 'OpenSim.Framework.Communications' has
been detected."

Frank W Sweet
Backintyme Publishing

Re: Circular dependency in 8262

justincc
Frank W Sweet wrote:
> Guys, the latest svn will not compile. It complains that: "A circular
> dependency involving project 'OpenSim.Framework.Communications' has
> been detected."

I think this might be an issue specific to Visual C# 2008, clean compiling with nant in both linux and Windows appears
okay for me.

Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com

Re: Circular dependency in 8262

Dr Scofield
Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
Frank W Sweet wrote:

Guys, the latest svn will not compile. It complains that: "A circular
dependency involving project 'OpenSim.Framework.Communications' has
been detected."

I think this might be an issue specific to Visual C# 2008, clean compiling with nant in both linux and Windows appears
okay for me.

same here. does it say anything else? like which dependency?

--
dr dirk husemann ---- math & computer science ---- ibm zurich research lab
RL: [hidden email] - +41 44 724 8573 - http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/

Re: Circular dependency in 8262

Frank W Sweet
Compile fails if you use runprebuild2008.bat (which is what I normally
use) and then run compile.bat.

Compile also fails if you use runprebuild.bat (for C# 2005) and then
run compile.bat.

The only difference is whether the compile crashes at the start or at
the end.

Frank W Sweet

> Guys, the latest svn will not compile. It complains that: "A
> circular
> dependency involving project 'OpenSim.Framework.Communications' has
> been detected."

I think this might be an issue specific to Visual C# 2008, clean
compiling with nant in both linux and Windows appears
okay for me.

Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com

Re: Circular dependency in 8262

Paul Fishwick
If prebuild creates the appropriate assembly references, it must have broken
in this version. There are numerous instances in VC# 2008 of bad references,
including:

OpenSim.Data.Base
OpenSim.Data.MapperFactory
OpenSim.Data.MySQLMapper

Could be others.... I am cc'ing the dev list.

-p

--
Dr. Paul A. Fishwick           E-Mail: [hidden email]
Dept. of Computer & Info       Phone & FAX: (352) 392-1414

Paul Fishwick wrote:

> If prebuild creates the appropriate assembly references, it must have broken
> in this version. There are numerous instances in VC# 2008 of bad references,
> including:
>
> OpenSim.Data.Base
> OpenSim.Data.MapperFactory
> OpenSim.Data.MySQLMapper
>
> Could be others.... I am cc'ing the dev list.

in all likelihood r8259 is the one that breaks it, that introduced a
refactoring of OpenSim.Region.Environment. prebuild.xml was changed as
well, and i've probably introduced the VC#2008 problem then... as i'm
not a windows dude, any hints will be appreciated.

dr scofield wrote:

> Paul Fishwick wrote:
>> If prebuild creates the appropriate assembly references, it must have broken
>> in this version. There are numerous instances in VC# 2008 of bad references,
>> including:
>>
>> OpenSim.Data.Base
>> OpenSim.Data.MapperFactory
>> OpenSim.Data.MySQLMapper
>>
>> Could be others.... I am cc'ing the dev list.
>>
> in all likelihood r8259 is the one that breaks it, that introduced a
> refactoring of OpenSim.Region.Environment. prebuild.xml was changed as
> well, and i've probably introduced the VC#2008 problem then... as i'm
> not a windows dude, any hints will be appreciated.

One possible cause is the fact that prebuild.xml still contains references to those deleted projects.  Nant appears fine
with this but possibly it is borking Visual C# (though curious why this is popping up now rather than when those
projects were originally deleted).

Which means that it's probably a red herring but it would still be good to tidy that stuff up.  I'll probably do that
quickly soon unless I hear from you, DrS

Frank W Sweet wrote:
> Guys, the latest svn will not compile. It complains that: "A circular
> dependency involving project 'OpenSim.Framework.Communications' has
> been detected."

a concerted effort on the opensim-dev #IRC channel has sorted this one (and the
bad refs) out! thx go to dahlia for providing VS 2008 compile service and lbsa71
 for quickly tracking down that rogue OpenSim.Region.Framework ref in the
OpenSim.Framework.Communications prebuild block.

update to r8267 and VS 2008 should be sailing in calm waters again.

        good night,
        DrS/dirk

--
dr dirk husemann ---- virtual worlds research ---- ibm zurich research lab