Could not start address resolution system. imprudence error when not on internet

Could not start address resolution system. imprudence error when not on internet

paul emery
I have downloaded current version of simonastick.zip. Extracted to a stick.
Ran the bat on my xp and voila i am in my usb world. Heard from a friend his wouldn’t work if machine was not on internet. Unplugged my Ethernet cable and tried again. Bummer got all the way to bringing up imprudence and got imprudence message “Net work Error: Could not establish a connection ‘Could not start address resolution system’ Please check your network connection.” Clicked through the error message and set gird to localhost. Check to make sure is to the 127.0.0.1:9000 ipaddress.
Try to log on with simona stick 123 Imprudence just closes. This problem occurs on my co-workers xp machine. I get same problem if i start mowes, opensim.exe and imprudence from the stick manually.

I do NOT have any problem get this to work on my win7 64bit machine as long as i use the "32bit" opensim exe.

Do not know why the "address resolution system" is giving me problems on one machine but not the other.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Could not start address resolution system. imprudence error when not on internet

Sarge Misfit
Make sure you have .NET up to date. Make sure ALL your .ini files use
127.0.0.1 instead of SYSTEMIP I'm also running the latest SoaS, though
on a Vista machine. I live in a small town and my Internet is
intermittent, yet have no troubles running up to 16 regions
stand-alone. One thing I did do was to unzip SoaS into its own folder
on my 2nd harddrive, so I am not running it from a stick. I also set
up my shortcuts directly to Mowes.exe and to Opensim.exe

On 6/29/11, paul emery <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have downloaded current version of simonastick.zip. Extracted to a stick.
> Ran the bat on my xp and voila i am in my usb world. Heard from a friend his
> wouldn’t work if machine was not on internet. Unplugged my Ethernet cable
> and tried again. Bummer got all the way to bringing up imprudence and got
> imprudence message “Net work Error: Could not establish a connection ‘Could
> not start address resolution system’ Please check your network connection.”
> Clicked through the error message and set gird to localhost. Check to make
> sure is to the 127.0.0.1:9000 ipaddress.
> Try to log on with simona stick 123 Imprudence just closes. This problem
> occurs on my co-workers xp machine. I get same problem if i start mowes,
> opensim.exe and imprudence from the stick manually.
>
> I do NOT have any problem get this to work on my win7 64bit machine as long
> as i use the "32bit" opensim exe.
>
> Do not know why the "address resolution system" is giving me problems on one
> machine but not the other.
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Could not start address resolution system. imprudence error when not on internet

Sarge Misfit
Make sure you have .NET up to date.  Win7 has .NET 4 installed, I
believe, but Vista and XP need to have it installed and updated.
OpenSim needs .NET 3.5 or better on a Windows machine. Make sure ALL
your .ini files use 127.0.0.1 instead of SYSTEMIP I'm also running the
latest SoaS, though on a Vista machine. I live in a small town and my
Internet is intermittent, yet have no troubles running up to 16
regions stand-alone. One thing I did do was to unzip SoaS into its own
folder on my 2nd harddrive, so I am not running it from a stick. I
don't think that has any effect, but you never know, which is why I
mentioned it. I also set up my shortcuts directly to Mowes.exe and to