Current OS viewer?? (with mesh support)

Robert L martin
Is there a viewer that:

1 supports Mesh Content
2 is lightweight/Fast
3 has support for small screens (my netbook has a 1024/600? screen)
4 can be hammered into being portable (stores the profile data inside the aps folder)

If i am not mistaken Imprudence does not support Mesh completely (and the download link to that K? viewer is TOP SECRET BURN BEFORE READING).

any viewer with more than one of the above would be neat

--
Robert L Martin

Re: Current OS viewer?? (with mesh support)

John Sheridan
The download for K (I'm presuming Kokua) is right on the Imprudence blog - now the Kokua blog.
http://blog.kokuaviewer.org/2013/03/09/kokua-3-5-1-chui-crash-fix/

On 04/04/2013 01:36 PM, Robert Martin wrote:
Is there a viewer that:

1 supports Mesh Content
2 is lightweight/Fast
3 has support for small screens (my netbook has a 1024/600? screen)
4 can be hammered into being portable (stores the profile data inside the aps folder)

If i am not mistaken Imprudence does not support Mesh completely (and the download link to that K? viewer is TOP SECRET BURN BEFORE READING).

any viewer with more than one of the above would be neat

--
Robert L Martin

Re: Current OS viewer?? (with mesh support)

Marcus Llewellyn
I second the Singularity recommendation, with the caveat that although
it has the ability to view mesh, it does not (yet) allow for mesh
upload. It is actively maintained and supports most new features.

"Lightweight" does sorta depend on your hardware, though. If your
netbook has Intel's HD3000 or HD4000 GPU, for example, Singularity is
still gonna bog down in some regions if you have all the pretty bells
and whistles on, particularly those associated with deferred rendering.
Where Singularity fits well is with your screen resolution. Many V3 UI
elements or floaters are weirdly large, and won't allow a user to resize
them down much. A V3 viewer that has CHUI improves this situation
somewhat, though this UI still has a few bugs. Kokua has a CHUI build,
for example.

I haven't seen a viewer that supports storing user and configuration
settings in the application directory, personally.

Marcus

On 04/04/2013 02:10 PM, Nebadon Izumi wrote:
> I would be surprised if you get good performance on a netbook for a v3
> viewer, I think your best bet is Singularity viewer :
> http://www.singularityviewer.org/

Re: Current OS viewer?? (with mesh support)

R.Gunther
Marcus, the alpha version support for a long time  mesh upload.
The alpha's are better choice to the the latest release.

On 2013-04-05 02:26, Marcus Llewellyn wrote:

> I second the Singularity recommendation, with the caveat that although
> it has the ability to view mesh, it does not (yet) allow for mesh
> upload. It is actively maintained and supports most new features.
>
> "Lightweight" does sorta depend on your hardware, though. If your
> netbook has Intel's HD3000 or HD4000 GPU, for example, Singularity is
> still gonna bog down in some regions if you have all the pretty bells
> and whistles on, particularly those associated with deferred
> rendering. Where Singularity fits well is with your screen resolution.
> Many V3 UI elements or floaters are weirdly large, and won't allow a
> user to resize them down much. A V3 viewer that has CHUI improves this
> situation somewhat, though this UI still has a few bugs. Kokua has a
> CHUI build, for example.
>
> I haven't seen a viewer that supports storing user and configuration
> settings in the application directory, personally.
>
> Marcus
>
> On 04/04/2013 02:10 PM, Nebadon Izumi wrote:
>> I would be surprised if you get good performance on a netbook for a
>> v3 viewer, I think your best bet is Singularity viewer :
>> http://www.singularityviewer.org/

Re: Current OS viewer?? (with mesh support)

Akira Sonoda
Heya Robert,

Cool VL Viewer! http://sldev.free.fr
I use it on my 1400x900 MacBook

 - supports mesh
 - is fast

LG Akira

2013/4/4 Robert Martin <[hidden email]>
Is there a viewer that:

1 supports Mesh Content
2 is lightweight/Fast
3 has support for small screens (my netbook has a 1024/600? screen)
4 can be hammered into being portable (stores the profile data inside the aps folder)

If i am not mistaken Imprudence does not support Mesh completely (and the download link to that K? viewer is TOP SECRET BURN BEFORE READING).

any viewer with more than one of the above would be neat

--
Robert L Martin

Re: Current OS viewer?? (with mesh support)

Gwyneth Llewelyn
While obviously there is a lot of personal taste involved in "recommending" a viewer, I happen to like the Cool VL Viewer (http://sldev.free.fr/). Like Singularity, it's based on LL's "Snowglobe" code (i.e. 1.23). Unlike Singularity, you can choose between the 2.6 renderer or the much more advanced 3.4 renderer, with the latest branches supporting the mesh deformer and server-side baking code.

If all fails, you can always try Radegast :) It's a bit tricky to install and use, but it's definitely lightweight.

- Gwyn

On 04/04/2013, at 20:10, Nebadon Izumi wrote:

[...]

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment
--
"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08