DGN2000

Kevin Buckley

I’m trying to access Opensim from within my intranet and also externally.  I’ve given up trying to resolve the ‘Waiting for Region Handshake’ issue within Opensim and decided to buy a router with NAT loopback instead.  The Opensim forums suggest the NETGEAR WRN2000 has this feature.  In Europe, the version which supports ADSL is called the DGN2000.  According to everything I have read this is the same as the WRN2000 except it has the built-in ADSL modem.  So I bought the DGN2000 and have just finished setting it up … and it doesn’t seem to have solved my problem, lol.

The wiki also says that the firmware version should be v1.2.3.7.  However, the latest firmware update available for Europe for the DGN2000 is v1.1.8.0.  There doesn’t seem to be anywhere in the setup which explicitly refers to ‘loopback’, although it does have the ability to select QoS for various games and applications.

Has anyone successfully used the DGN2000 in Europe, in loopback mode?

Is there any way of testing whether it actually is doing loopback or not?  I tried pinging my current ISP assigned IP address and that was successful – but I’m not convinced that means loopback is enabled.

Any help appreciated – regards, Kevin

Re: DGN2000

Kevin Buckley

Ignore my previous post – it works just fine.  A little finger trouble was the problem – Regards, Kevin