Default OpenSim web page

Ike Hyx
Does anyone know how to redirect the default web page to a different page?  Thanks in advance.

Ike

Ooops!

The page you requested has been obsconded with by knomes. Find hippos quick!

If you are trying to log-in, your link parameters should have: "-loginpage http:///?method=login -loginuri http:///" in your link

Re: Default OpenSim web page

Karen Palen
Wifi has its own method for handling the HTML pages, on the standalone version the definitions of the target pages are found in MyWorld.ini

I haven't looked into changing any of the entries there however, so I really can't help with that.

Karen

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Ike Hyx <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
Does anyone know how to redirect the default web page to a different page?  Thanks in advance.

Ike

Ooops!

The page you requested has been obsconded with by knomes. Find hippos quick!

If you are trying to log-in, your link parameters should have: "-loginpage http:///?method=login -loginuri http:///" in your link

Re: Default OpenSim web page

Diva Canto
Going from 8002 to the default port 80 is very easy: run a Robust server
on port 80, possibly with just wifi -- or even with all other external
services, like login etc.

As for the path, I didn't have much luck registering the handlers on the
top "/", not sure why; that's why they ended up all under /wifi.
Something to be clarified one of these days, when I have time.

Ike Hyx wrote:

> I am actually using wifi with OpenSim in grid mode. For the URL I was
> looking to go from http://www:8002/wifi/ to <http://www/>http://www/
>

> On Aug 18, 2010, at 12:36 AM, Karen Palen <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>> If you are using the Diva distro then it comes with the wifi HTML
>> server/management package, if you are using another distro then you
>> need to install somehting like Apache to do the job.
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Ike Hyx <
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     Does anyone know how to redirect the default web page to a
>>     different page?  Thanks in advance.
>>
>>     Ike
>>

>>       Ooops!
>>
>>     The page you requested has been obsconded with by knomes. Find
>>     hippos quick!
>>
>>     If you are trying to log-in, your link parameters should have:
>>     "-loginpage <http:///?method=login>http:///?method=login -loginuri
>>     <http:///>http:///" in your link

Re: Default OpenSim web page

Robert L martin
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:29 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Going from 8002 to the default port 80 is very easy: run a Robust server on
> port 80, possibly with just wifi -- or even with all other external
> services, like login etc.
>
> As for the path, I didn't have much luck registering the handlers on the top
> "/", not sure why; that's why they ended up all under /wifi. Something to be
> clarified one of these days, when I have time.

for a thunky way of doing it you may want to have an iframe with the
wifi stuff in it on a page on the normal port (for cases where you
have a server running on that port already)

--
Robert L Martin

Re: Default OpenSim web page

>From: Ike Hyx <[hidden email]>
>I am actually using wifi with OpenSim in grid mode. For the URL I
>was looking to go from http://www:8002/wifi/ to http://www/

The url of <a href="http://hostname:port/wifi">http://hostname:port/wifi is hardwired in Wifi and the web
page content it maps to also uses /wifi/ as an explicit prefix
throughout the specific WifiPages directory contents, so its not
something easily configured or changed. Diva might comment?

Re: Default OpenSim web page

Diva Canto
The path /wifi is hardwired; the port is not. In any Robust server's ini
file, you can specify whatever port you want to run each service on. So
you can run it on port 80 which is the default http port, therefore
being able to point browsers at http://xxx/wifi

On 8/18/2010 8:57 AM, Ai Austin wrote:

>> From: Ike Hyx <[hidden email]>
>> I am actually using wifi with OpenSim in grid mode. For the URL I was
>> looking to go from http://www:8002/wifi/ to http://www/
>
> The url of <a href="http://hostname:port/wifi">http://hostname:port/wifi is hardwired in Wifi and the web
> page content it maps to also uses /wifi/ as an explicit prefix
> throughout the specific WifiPages directory contents, so its not
> something easily configured or changed. Diva might comment?

Re: Default OpenSim web page

Ike Hyx
This is all good information.  Love the wifi interface since it interacts
directly with opensim.  So to solve this what I am working on is the
configuration to run a server2go or apache portable to redirect to
http://...:8002/wifi/.   I think that this would best suite for what I am
trying to accomplish.

Regards,
Ike Hyx
www.secondbuilding.net

On 8/18/10 12:49 PM, "Diva Canto" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The path /wifi is hardwired; the port is not. In any Robust server's ini
> file, you can specify whatever port you want to run each service on. So
> you can run it on port 80 which is the default http port, therefore
> being able to point browsers at http://xxx/wifi
>
> On 8/18/2010 8:57 AM, Ai Austin wrote:
>>
>>> From: Ike Hyx <[hidden email]>
>>> I am actually using wifi with OpenSim in grid mode. For the URL I was
>>> looking to go from http://www:8002/wifi/ to http://www/
>>
>> The url of <a href="http://hostname:port/wifi">http://hostname:port/wifi is hardwired in Wifi and the web
>> page content it maps to also uses /wifi/ as an explicit prefix
>> throughout the specific WifiPages directory contents, so its not
>> something easily configured or changed. Diva might comment?

Re: Default OpenSim web page

Diva Canto
That's fine for now, but that will not be necessary once I figure out
why handlers registered on "/" don't work, and make them work.

On 8/18/2010 10:18 AM, Ike Hyx wrote:

> This is all good information.  Love the wifi interface since it interacts
> directly with opensim.  So to solve this what I am working on is the
> configuration to run a server2go or apache portable to redirect to
> http://...:8002/wifi/.   I think that this would best suite for what I am
> trying to accomplish.
>
> Regards,
> Ike Hyx
> www.secondbuilding.net
>

> On 8/18/10 12:49 PM, "Diva Canto"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>

>> The path /wifi is hardwired; the port is not. In any Robust server's ini
>> file, you can specify whatever port you want to run each service on. So
>> you can run it on port 80 which is the default http port, therefore
>> being able to point browsers at http://xxx/wifi

>>> The url of <a href="http://hostname:port/wifi">http://hostname:port/wifi is hardwired in Wifi and the web
>>> page content it maps to also uses /wifi/ as an explicit prefix
>>> throughout the specific WifiPages directory contents, so its not
>>> something easily configured or changed. Diva might comment?

Re: Default OpenSim web page

Ike Hyx
That would be awsome.  I will work on this work around (again with a
portable app so no install) until this gets resolved.

On 8/18/10 1:23 PM, "Diva Canto" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's fine for now, but that will not be necessary once I figure out
> why handlers registered on "/" don't work, and make them work.
>
> On 8/18/2010 10:18 AM, Ike Hyx wrote:
>> This is all good information.  Love the wifi interface since it interacts
>> directly with opensim.  So to solve this what I am working on is the
>> configuration to run a server2go or apache portable to redirect to
>> http://...:8002/wifi/.   I think that this would best suite for what I am
>> trying to accomplish.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ike Hyx
>> www.secondbuilding.net
>>

>> On 8/18/10 12:49 PM, "Diva Canto"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>

>>> The path /wifi is hardwired; the port is not. In any Robust server's ini
>>> file, you can specify whatever port you want to run each service on. So
>>> you can run it on port 80 which is the default http port, therefore
>>> being able to point browsers at http://xxx/wifi

Re: Default OpenSim web page

Ike Hyx
I got the temporary fix for the redirect and the port 80.

I used server2go ( http://www.server2go-web.de/download/download.html ).  It
is donation ware but free to use.  All I did was configure the server2go app
to run on port 80 (default is 4001), and created a index.html to point to
http://sb-grid.com:8002/wifi/ from http://sb-grid.com

I know that apache has a portable app but since I am not a developer it
makes it a little difficult to understand when I have to compile something.
Maybe someone out there wants to tackle that since it is open source.

Thanks again Diva and Ai for all of your hard work on the wifi.

Regards,
Ike Hyx
www.secondbuilding.net