Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

Chris M
Hello all,

  I've come across a potential major issue with inventory offers. If I
offer an item or a folder to another avatar and that avatar declines it
and then later purges it from their trash folder it has the effect of
the original item being removed from the first avatars inventory (not
immediately visual until a relog). If the first avatar tries to use the
affected object it results in item not found errors in the console.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Offer an item transfer to another avatar that you aren't afraid to
lose (Creating a new prim and taking it to inventory then offering that
is sufficient)

2. Decline the transfer on the other avatar and it should go to that
avatar's trash folder (I noticed multiple copies of said object being
created in the trash folder)

3. Empty that avatar's trash folder.

utilize the item that was to be transferred (In my case I attempted to
rez the object).
     a. Should notice that it won't have any effect
     b. Look in the console and there should be errors to the effect of
"item not found"

     My error when attempting to rez the object:
     16:11:48 - [INVENTORY ACCESS MODULE]: Could not find item
6d3689ee-5c06-478d-8c10-10870cc6e788 for Test User in RezObject()

5. Relog the avatar you attempted item transfer from. The item will be
missing from their inventory upon relog.

This also has the same effect if attempting entire folder transfers, but
the entire folder including its contents will be missing upon relog.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thank you!

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

InuYasha Meiji
OK, slightly panicked...  I haven't notied this yet, but I am still
using 7.4 and was about to upgrade. When did this start.  I have put a
lot of effort into recent builds that I don't want to loose because I
gave a copy to a friend.  I am hoping this don't go as far back as
Opensim 7.4. I will give this a test later tonight and report back soon.

InuYasha.

On 4/26/2013 5:27 PM, Chris wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>  I've come across a potential major issue with inventory offers. If I
> offer an item or a folder to another avatar and that avatar declines
> it and then later purges it from their trash folder it has the effect
> of the original item being removed from the first avatars inventory
> (not immediately visual until a relog). If the first avatar tries to
> use the affected object it results in item not found errors in the
> console.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Offer an item transfer to another avatar that you aren't afraid to
> lose (Creating a new prim and taking it to inventory then offering
> that is sufficient)
>
> 2. Decline the transfer on the other avatar and it should go to that
> avatar's trash folder (I noticed multiple copies of said object being
> created in the trash folder)
>
> 3. Empty that avatar's trash folder.

> utilize the item that was to be transferred (In my case I attempted to
> rez the object).
>     a. Should notice that it won't have any effect
>     b. Look in the console and there should be errors to the effect of
> "item not found"
>
>     My error when attempting to rez the object:
>     16:11:48 - [INVENTORY ACCESS MODULE]: Could not find item
> 6d3689ee-5c06-478d-8c10-10870cc6e788 for Test User in RezObject()
>
> 5. Relog the avatar you attempted item transfer from. The item will be
> missing from their inventory upon relog.
>
> This also has the same effect if attempting entire folder transfers,
> but the entire folder including its contents will be missing upon relog.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> Thank you!

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

Chris M
Sorry, I didn't mean to cause panic ^^;; I saw this happen once before
on an older version of OS but I chalked it up as a random rare glitch
since I have unable to reproduce it up until today (on accident). This
was a little while back however. I am unsure of how long it has been an
issue. I would advise your friend(s) who are on your grid to refrain
from declining inventory and instead accept it, then delete if it is
unwanted for now.

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
Memory: 11 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
Chris, are you testing this with yourself e.g. With 2 Viewers running on the Same machine ? Or are you testing this behaviour with your avatar and a different users Avatar ? And by the way which Viewer do you (and the other user) use ??

Best regards,

Am 27.04.2013 um 03:37 schrieb Chris <[hidden email]>:

> Sorry, I didn't mean to cause panic ^^;; I saw this happen once before on an older version of OS but I chalked it up as a random rare glitch since I have unable to reproduce it up until today (on accident). This was a little while back however. I am unsure of how long it has been an issue. I would advise your friend(s) who are on your grid to refrain from declining inventory and instead accept it, then delete if it is unwanted for now.
>
> On 4/26/2013 6:08 PM, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
>> OK, slightly panicked...  I haven't notied this yet, but I am still using 7.4 and was about to upgrade. When did this start.  I have put a lot of effort into recent builds that I don't want to loose because I gave a copy to a friend.  I am hoping this don't go as far back as Opensim 7.4. I will give this a test later tonight and report back soon.
>>
>> InuYasha.
>>

>> On 4/26/2013 5:27 PM, Chris wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I've come across a potential major issue with inventory offers. If I offer an item or a folder to another avatar and that avatar declines it and then later purges it from their trash folder it has the effect of the original item being removed from the first avatars inventory (not immediately visual until a relog). If the first avatar tries to use the affected object it results in item not found errors in the console.
>>>
>>> Steps to reproduce:
>>>
>>> 1. Offer an item transfer to another avatar that you aren't afraid to lose (Creating a new prim and taking it to inventory then offering that is sufficient)
>>>
>>> 2. Decline the transfer on the other avatar and it should go to that avatar's trash folder (I noticed multiple copies of said object being created in the trash folder)
>>>
>>> 3. Empty that avatar's trash folder.

>>>    a. Should notice that it won't have any effect
>>>    b. Look in the console and there should be errors to the effect of "item not found"
>>>
>>>    My error when attempting to rez the object:
>>>    16:11:48 - [INVENTORY ACCESS MODULE]: Could not find item 6d3689ee-5c06-478d-8c10-10870cc6e788 for Test User in RezObject()
>>>
>>> 5. Relog the avatar you attempted item transfer from. The item will be missing from their inventory upon relog.
>>>
>>> This also has the same effect if attempting entire folder transfers, but the entire folder including its contents will be missing upon relog.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else noticed this?
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>

> --
> OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
> Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
> OS: Windows 7 (x64)
> CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
> Memory: 11 GB DDR3
> Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

Chris M
Last night I tested with 2 avatars on the same machine OpenSim is running on, one avatar on one machine and one avatar on a different machine, and both avatars on a machine other than the one OpenSim is running on.

I repeated my tests today a bit more in depth and it would seem that the issue does not depend so much on the viewer the person transferring the item is using but more depends on what viewer the person on the receiving end of the inventory transfer is running.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Offer an item transfer to another avatar that you aren't afraid to lose (Creating a new prim and taking it to inventory then offering that is sufficient)

2. Decline the transfer on the other avatar and it should go to that avatar's trash folder.

3. Empty that avatar's trash folder.

   a. Should notice that it won't have any effect
   b. Look in the console and there should be errors to the effect of "item not found"

   My error when attempting to rez the object:
   16:11:48 - [INVENTORY ACCESS MODULE]: Could not find item 6d3689ee-5c06-478d-8c10-10870cc6e788 for Test User in RezObject()

5. Relog the avatar you attempted item transfer from. The item will be missing from their inventory upon relog.
Test results:
(Format: Item Transfer -> Viewer name of the person receiving item.)

Item Transfer -> Singularity (1.8.0) = Missing inventory item
Item Transfer -> Firestorm (4.4.0) = OK
Item Transfer -> Hippo OpenSim (0.6.3) = Missing inventory item
Item Transfer -> Imprudence (1.3.0) = Missing inventory item
Item Transfer -> Phoenix (1.6.0.1600) = Missing inventory item when using normal Discard, OK when using (Discard) (Silent discard)
Item Transfer -> Radegast (2.12.1354) = Missing inventory item
Item Transfer -> Kokua (3.5.1.27984) = OK
Item Transfer -> CoolVL (1.26.8.1) = Missing inventory item

It seems like if the issue triggers, there will be two copies of the declined object that will show up in the receiver's trash folder. The tests also apply to offering entire folders of items. It also looks like on declining the transfer, If there are any other items directly under neath it in the person transferring the item, those items will some how wind up in the other person's lost and found folder. If the person deletes those items from lost and found it will remove those items also from the other persons inventory.

As far as the viewer I use; I mainly swap between Phoenix, Imprudence, and Singularity. As for other users on my install it could be any of the ones listed in the tests (And possibly others, but these are the main ones I was able to come up with).

On 4/27/2013 10:47 AM, drWhiet wrote:
Chris, are you testing this with yourself e.g. With 2 Viewers running on the Same machine ? Or are you testing this behaviour with your avatar and a different users Avatar ? And by the way which Viewer do you (and the other user) use ??

Best regards,

Am 27.04.2013 um 03:37 schrieb Chris [hidden email]:
--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
Memory: 11 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

InuYasha Meiji
So you understand and know, I only used two viewers with two different
accounts on the same machine, on the same machine running the grid.
Both of these logged in using the latest Firestorm for Opensim.  Having
the same results as well and finding that although you see that
Firestorm in your list appears to be ok...

Item Transfer -> Singularity (1.8.0) = Missing inventory item
Item Transfer -> Firestorm (4.4.0) = OK
Item Transfer -> Hippo OpenSim (0.6.3) = Missing inventory item
Item Transfer -> Imprudence (1.3.0) = Missing inventory item
Item Transfer -> Phoenix (1.6.0.1600) = Missing inventory item when
using normal Discard, OK when using (Discard) (Silent discard)
Item Transfer -> Radegast (2.12.1354) = Missing inventory item
Item Transfer -> Kokua (3.5.1.27984) = OK
Item Transfer -> CoolVL (1.26.8.1) = Missing inventory item

It really isn;t.  It is only in your inventory in name, but not useable,
so I would not give it an ok.  Thanks for gonig through all the trouble
of testing so many viewers to prove it isn't a
Viewer issue.

InuYasha

On 4/27/2013 2:29 PM, Chris wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Am 27.04.2013 um 03:37 schrieb Chris<[hidden email]>:
> --
> OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
> Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
> OS: Windows 7 (x64)
> CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
> Memory: 11 GB DDR3
> Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

Hmm... That is a bit strange. On the viewers I thought to be OK I was
able to utilize the test object after the test (By attempting to rez the
object and looking to see if it would appear or not and watching the
console for errors). However, I based all my tests transferring an item
from Phoenix viewer (which is currently my viewer of choice) to the
viewers in my test results since it didn't seem to make a difference
which viewer the item came from, just the viewers they were going to. I
managed to lose a script I spent about 8 hours working on in the process
due to the Lost and Found folder issue explained toward the end of my
previous email (D'oh!)... but I was able to recover it by grepping a
dump of my database and then dumping the most recent asset.

I did a quick test as I was writing this with a transfer from Firestorm
to Firestorm on seperate computers and with viewers on the same computer
(Computer OS is running on) to be sure but I was not able to reproduce
the issue in this way. I also tried with both HTTP Inventory on and off
as well but it didn't seem to make a difference. The Lost and Found
issue also does not show up on the viewers listed as OK in my previous
tests with the exception of Phoenix viewer, it's OK when using silent
discard, but the issue shows up when using regular discard.

As an addendum to my previous test, I also noticed that if other avatars
had a copy of the object you gave to another avatar, and the issue is
triggered, then that particular object will missing from the other
avatars inventories as well. Just to be clear, when I say missing, I
mean that it seems to be missing from the database, but not visually
from the inventory (at least not until a relog); can't do anything with
the object in the way of using it such as rezzing, wearing,
transferring, etc.

On 4/27/2013 6:32 PM, InuYasha Meiji wrote:

> [...]
>>> running on the Same machine ? Or are you testing this behaviour with
>>> your avatar and a different users Avatar ? And by the way which
>>> Viewer do you (and the other user) use ??
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Am 27.04.2013 um 03:37 schrieb Chris<[hidden email]>:
>> --
>> OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
>> Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
>> OS: Windows 7 (x64)
>> CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
>> Memory: 11 GB DDR3
>> Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
Memory: 11 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Thanks for pointing this critical bug out. It is surely a show stopper if one is using a lot of object dispensers for users ... on a sim. Looks like my obsession to keep all inventory as rezzed objects and saved as an oar file is going to continue for a while (might be irrational but the inventory system does not look safe yet).

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

justincc
I was able to reproduce this bug and fix it in git master 12054aa.

It looks like the bug may have been around for a very long time (perhaps even since June 2010) though that would be
quite surprising.

It would probably have affected all viewers.

On 28/04/13 15:56, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:

> [...]
>                 you (and the other user) use ??
>
>                 Best regards,
>
>                 Am 27.04.2013 um 03:37 schrieb Chris<[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>             --
>             OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
>             Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
>             OS: Windows 7 (x64)
>             CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
>             Memory: 11 GB DDR3
>             Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

>     --
>     OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
>     Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
>     OS: Windows 7 (x64)
>     CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
>     Memory: 11 GB DDR3
>     Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

> 'Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin.'
> *Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate /Research Associate Professor/, Idaho State University,

OSVW Consulting

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

InuYasha Meiji
Wow, Thanks ever so much Justin.  Glad you could get hold of this bug so
quickly.  As I told a few friends before.  Funny how Opensim major
issues get fixed so much quicker then SL.  Some bugs have lived in SL
code for more then 5 years now.  lol.  You and the team make Opensim so
much better.

Now all I have to do is wait until it comes out of the opensimulator.org
site as a bin download. ;)

Your friend and twitter follower,

InuYasha

On 4/29/2013 5:22 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

> [...]
>> 'Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin.'
>> *Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate
>> /Research Associate Professor/, Idaho State University,
>> Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
>> Blog <http://deepsemaphore.posterous.com/>, LinkedIn
>> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>, DeepSemaphore LLC
>> <http://www.deepsemaphore.com>, Google+ profile
>> <https://plus.google.com/103652369558830540272/about>

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

Thanks so much Justin, that was fast.

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: <a href="tel:208-240-0040" value="+12082400040" target="_blank">208-240-0040
Blog <http://deepsemaphore.posterous.com/>, LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>, DeepSemaphore LLC
<http://www.deepsemaphore.com>, Google+ profile <https://plus.google.com/103652369558830540272/about>

OSVW Consulting

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

ssm2017
hello
do you plan to fix the 0.7.5-post-fixes version for this bug ?

2013/4/30 Nebadon Izumi <[hidden email]>
[...]

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: <a href="tel:208-240-0040" value="+12082400040" target="_blank">208-240-0040

Michael Emory Cerquoni

Re: Disappearing folders or items when declining inventory offer?

justincc
If the fix proves okay then it should be fairly easy to port.  Also, I hope to get rolling on 0.7.6 fairly soon.

OSVW Consulting