Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

missyfitz
I'm working with a test installation of 0.7.6 with MySQL 5.1.73 on Windows 7 64-bit.

It's my understanding that when running configure.exe and going through the series of initial config questions, my responses are supposed to modify \config-include\MyWorld.ini but that's not happening. In fact, by default, there is no MyWorld.ini in that folder. There's only a MyWorld.ini.example.

I tried renaming MyWorld.ini.example to MyWorld.ini and running the configure.exe again, but it still doesn't modify the file at all.

Is this a file/folder permission issue? I'm not sure what I should be looking at to make this work properly. Can someone get me moving in the right direction? I've been searching google on and off this evening but can't find anything related to MyWorld.ini not being modified during installation.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

R.Gunther
Only thing that am suprissed about is that you use mysql 5.1 ?
While for a long time mysql 5.6.x is available

On 2013-12-13 08:38, missyfitz wrote:

> I'm working with a test installation of 0.7.6 with MySQL 5.1.73 on Windows 7
> 64-bit.
>
> It's my understanding that when running configure.exe and going through the
> series of initial config questions, my responses are supposed to modify
> \config-include\MyWorld.ini but that's not happening. In fact, by default,
> there is no MyWorld.ini in that folder. There's only a MyWorld.ini.example.
>
> I tried renaming MyWorld.ini.example to MyWorld.ini and running the
> configure.exe again, but it still doesn't modify the file at all.
>
> Is this a file/folder permission issue? I'm not sure what I should be
> looking at to make this work properly. Can someone get me moving in the
> right direction? I've been searching google on and off this evening but
> can't find anything related to MyWorld.ini not being modified during
> installation.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Diva-0-7-6-issues-with-config-and-MyWorld-ini-tp7580780.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

hack13
I suggest checking out my tutorial here, it should help you get over
the hump you are faced just skip to step 4
http://zadaroo.com/?page_id=4311

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 5:57 AM, R.Gunther <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Only thing that am suprissed about is that you use mysql 5.1 ?
> While for a long time mysql 5.6.x is available
>
> On 2013-12-13 08:38, missyfitz wrote:
>>
>> I'm working with a test installation of 0.7.6 with MySQL 5.1.73 on Windows
>> 7
>> 64-bit.
>>
>> It's my understanding that when running configure.exe and going through
>> the
>> series of initial config questions, my responses are supposed to modify
>> \config-include\MyWorld.ini but that's not happening. In fact, by default,
>> there is no MyWorld.ini in that folder. There's only a
>> MyWorld.ini.example.
>>
>> I tried renaming MyWorld.ini.example to MyWorld.ini and running the
>> configure.exe again, but it still doesn't modify the file at all.
>>
>> Is this a file/folder permission issue? I'm not sure what I should be
>> looking at to make this work properly. Can someone get me moving in the
>> right direction? I've been searching google on and off this evening but
>> can't find anything related to MyWorld.ini not being modified during
>> installation.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Diva-0-7-6-issues-with-config-and-MyWorld-ini-tp7580780.html
>> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> _______________________________________________
>> Opensim-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

missyfitz
R.Gunther: I spent 4 hours troubleshooting MySQL 5.6 but was constantly getting "*** ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10060)" and "*** ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10060)" errors, as though the server weren't running at all. I tried 'telnet localhost 3306' and got "unable to connect" errors. This was also happening with the firewall completely disabled. I have no idea why, but I simply could not get MySQL 5.6 running properly on my machine and could not find the cause of it after hours of searching on google. I then installed MySQL 5.1 and had opensim running in 5 minutes, so something is very different between the two versions. If I could figure out the errors with 5.6 I would definitely prefer to run the newer version. (I was installing it as "Server Only" rather than Developer... perhaps that was the cause?)

hack13: So basically the automatic updating of the MyWorld.ini doesn't happen and we need to manually edit it? Is this happening for everyone, or is it just under some configurations?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

hack13
missyfitz: first, I highly suggest if you are running on windows to
switch to MariaDB it is basically MySQL but completely opensource and
better developed, many linux distro's have already tossed MySQL to the
curb and defaulting to MariaDB instead, you just connect it as if you
were using MySQL. But on the note of configuration, it is a hit and
miss, most people I see having problems with the auto-configuration
are running windows. Linux I haven't experienced this issue, but I
personally find it safer to edit the files manually.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 8:02 AM, missyfitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> R.Gunther: I spent 4 hours troubleshooting MySQL 5.6 but was constantly
> getting "*** ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'
> (10060)" and "*** ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1'
> (10060)" errors, as though the server weren't running at all. I tried
> 'telnet localhost 3306' and got "unable to connect" errors. This was also
> happening with the firewall completely disabled. I have no idea why, but I
> simply could not get MySQL 5.6 running properly on my machine and could not
> find the cause of it after hours of searching on google. I then installed
> MySQL 5.1 and had opensim running in 5 minutes, so something is very
> different between the two versions. If I could figure out the errors with
> 5.6 I would definitely prefer to run the newer version. (I was installing it
> as "Server Only" rather than Developer... perhaps that was the cause?)
>
> hack13: So basically the automatic updating of the MyWorld.ini doesn't
> happen and we need to manually edit it? Is this happening for everyone, or
> is it just under some configurations?
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Diva-0-7-6-issues-with-config-and-MyWorld-ini-tp7580780p7580787.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

Diva Canto
In reply to this post by missyfitz
There is no rewriting of MyWord.ini. There is only creation.

On 12/13/2013 7:02 AM, missyfitz wrote:

> R.Gunther: I spent 4 hours troubleshooting MySQL 5.6 but was constantly
> getting "*** ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'
> (10060)" and "*** ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1'
> (10060)" errors, as though the server weren't running at all. I tried
> 'telnet localhost 3306' and got "unable to connect" errors. This was also
> happening with the firewall completely disabled. I have no idea why, but I
> simply could not get MySQL 5.6 running properly on my machine and could not
> find the cause of it after hours of searching on google. I then installed
> MySQL 5.1 and had opensim running in 5 minutes, so something is very
> different between the two versions. If I could figure out the errors with
> 5.6 I would definitely prefer to run the newer version. (I was installing it
> as "Server Only" rather than Developer... perhaps that was the cause?)
>
> hack13: So basically the automatic updating of the MyWorld.ini doesn't
> happen and we need to manually edit it? Is this happening for everyone, or
> is it just under some configurations?
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Diva-0-7-6-issues-with-config-and-MyWorld-ini-tp7580780p7580787.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
>

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

missyfitz
hack13: Would you recommend the MariaDB 10.0 series rather than the 5.5 series?

diva: I understand, though the MyWorld.ini wasn't created at all during initial config. I had to manually rename the .example file to get a MyWorld.ini file.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

hack13
missyfitz: I would recommend staying with 5.5 as it is stable 10.0 is
still alpha testing.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM, missyfitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hack13: Would you recommend the MariaDB 10.0 series rather than the 5.5
> series?
>
> diva: I understand, though the MyWorld.ini wasn't created at all during
> initial config. I had to manually rename the .example file to get a
> MyWorld.ini file.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Diva-0-7-6-issues-with-config-and-MyWorld-ini-tp7580780p7580790.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

missyfitz
hack13: Thanks for the info.. I'll give it a try this evening following the guide you linked.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

missyfitz
hack13: Well, I'm getting basically the same error as with MySQL. I followed your instructions up to:

Step 2, 10. Click “New” in the bottom corner then where it says “Password” put in the password you chose earlier

After I filled in the root password, I clicked Save, and then Open. After clicking Open, HeidiSQL freezes for about 30 seconds (similar to how MySQL was feeezing at the command prompt when trying to connect) and then comes back with the following error (again the same error as with MySQL):

SQL Error (2003) in statement #0: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10060)

I've tried completely shutting off the firewall and rebooting the machine with the firewall off, and it's the same thing every time. MySQL 5.5 just doesn't seem to work on this Windows 7 machine, but if I go to MySQL 5.1 I'm connected and running in minutes.

This is the last few lines from the error log:

131213 21:35:30 [Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
131213 21:35:30 [Note] Server socket created on IP: '::'.
131213 21:35:30 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events
131213 21:35:30 [Note] C:\Program Files\MariaDB 5.5\bin\mysqld.exe: ready for connections.
Version: '5.5.34-MariaDB'  socket: ''  port: 3306  mariadb.org binary distribution

At this point I'm at a loss. I can't figure out why 5.1 works and 5.5 does not, especially since it still doesn't work with the firewall completely disabled and firewall service shut down.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

hack13
can I ask what version of windows your trying to run this on?

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM, missyfitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hack13: Well, I'm getting basically the same error as with MySQL. I followed
> your instructions up to:
>
> Step 2, 10. Click “New” in the bottom corner then where it says “Password”
> put in the password you chose earlier
>
> After I filled in the root password, I clicked Save, and then Open. After
> clicking Open, HeidiSQL freezes for about 30 seconds (similar to how MySQL
> was feeezing at the command prompt when trying to connect) and then comes
> back with the following error (again the same error as with MySQL):
>
> SQL Error (2003) in statement #0: Can't connect to MySQL server on
> '127.0.0.1' (10060)
>
> I've tried completely shutting off the firewall and rebooting the machine
> with the firewall off, and it's the same thing every time. MySQL 5.5 just
> doesn't seem to work on this Windows 7 machine, but if I go to MySQL 5.1 I'm
> connected and running in minutes.
>
> This is the last few lines from the error log:
>
> 131213 21:35:30 [Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
> 131213 21:35:30 [Note] Server socket created on IP: '::'.
> 131213 21:35:30 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events
> 131213 21:35:30 [Note] C:\Program Files\MariaDB 5.5\bin\mysqld.exe: ready
> for connections.
> Version: '5.5.34-MariaDB'  socket: ''  port: 3306  mariadb.org binary
> distribution
>
> At this point I'm at a loss. I can't figure out why 5.1 works and 5.5 does
> not, especially since it still doesn't work with the firewall completely
> disabled and firewall service shut down.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Diva-0-7-6-issues-with-config-and-MyWorld-ini-tp7580780p7580796.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

missyfitz
This is on a Win 7 Pro 64-bit machine.

The MySQL service is running, I've verified it in the services list. But if I try connecting to "telnet localhost 3306" or "telnet 127.0.0.1 3306" I get an error: "Could not open a connection to the host on port 3306, connect failed" which seems to imply the server isn't running. I get the same error with telnet whether the firewall (Outpost) is off, on, in auto-rules creation mode, or completely uninstalled.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

BoneZ
Hello,

1. To verify if mysql is running or not, you could simply right click on
the task bar and choose "Start Task Manager".... click on the button to
show all tasks and check to see if mysql is shown in the list of running
programs.

2. If it is, it is running....
next verify the port it is runniing on by checking your "my.ini" file...
by default it is 3306.
While you are in this file... check to be sure the line
"skip-networking" is commented out with a "#" sign... ie....
#skip-networking otherwise mysql will not listen on any port and will
expect a pipe instead.

3. once you verify it is running, you know the port it is listening on,
etc.. you should be good to go.

4. You can open a command prompt window... change to the "Bin" directory
of mysql.... if you haven't yet set a root password you could try
connecting using the command...
mysql -uroot

if you have set a root password you will need to use....
mysql -uroot -p

When prompted for password simply enter your root password.....

Once you have logged in... and have a mysql prompt showing... you can
simply enter "exit" and hit enter to disconnect.

Hope this helps.




On 12/13/2013 10:42 PM, missyfitz wrote:

> This is on a Win 7 Pro 64-bit machine.
>
> The MySQL service is running, I've verified it in the services list. But if
> I try connecting to "telnet localhost 3306" or "telnet 127.0.0.1 3306" I get
> an error: "Could not open a connection to the host on port 3306, connect
> failed" which seems to imply the server isn't running. I get the same error
> with telnet whether the firewall (Outpost) is off, on, in auto-rules
> creation mode, or completely uninstalled.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Diva-0-7-6-issues-with-config-and-MyWorld-ini-tp7580780p7580799.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
>

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

missyfitz
BoneZ: When I check the first 3 tabs in Task Manager, the Services tab shows MySQL service as Running. The Applications tab and the Processes tab, however, do not show mysql.exe or mysqld.exe in the list of running apps and processes
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

R.Gunther
That sounds correct.
Mysql is running as service if its installed correct.
Thats why you dont see it in the program list or application list.

On 2013-12-14 20:53, missyfitz wrote:

> BoneZ: When I check the first 3 tabs in Task Manager, the Services tab shows
> MySQL service as Running. The Applications tab and the Processes tab,
> however, do not show mysql.exe or mysqld.exe in the list of running apps and
> processes
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Diva-0-7-6-issues-with-config-and-MyWorld-ini-tp7580780p7580813.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

missyfitz
Ok, but still doesn't explain why port 3306 is refusing connections, even with Windows firewall disabled and 3rd party firewall (Agnitum Outpost) completely uninstalled. Telnet to port 3306 gives connection refused, and HeidiSQL gives "ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10060)"

Even more confusing is that installing MySQL 5.1 works without a single glitch on the same machine.

Regarding the earlier suggestion re the my.ini file and "skip-networking", the only contents of my.ini currently are:

[mysqld]
datadir=C:/Program Files/MariaDB 5.5/data
port=3306
sql_mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
default_storage_engine=innodb
innodb_buffer_pool_size=409M
innodb_log_file_size=50M
max_allowed_packet=60M
[client]
port=3306

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

R.Gunther
i would say create a new user with localhost as only optyion to connect
and see if that works.

On 2013-12-14 22:07, missyfitz wrote:

> Ok, but still doesn't explain why port 3306 is refusing connections, even
> with Windows firewall disabled and 3rd party firewall (Agnitum Outpost)
> completely uninstalled. Telnet to port 3306 gives connection refused, and
> HeidiSQL gives "ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'
> (10060)"
>
> Even more confusing is that installing MySQL 5.1 works without a single
> glitch on the same machine.
>
> Regarding the earlier suggestion re the my.ini file and "skip-networking",
> the only contents of my.ini currently are:
>
> [mysqld]
> datadir=C:/Program Files/MariaDB 5.5/data
> port=3306
> sql_mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
> default_storage_engine=innodb
> innodb_buffer_pool_size=409M
> innodb_log_file_size=50M
> max_allowed_packet=60M
> [client]
> port=3306
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Diva-0-7-6-issues-with-config-and-MyWorld-ini-tp7580780p7580815.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

R.Gunther
Oops wait, yu cannot get a connection at all. strange. well i use mysql
5.6 never got problems.
MariaDB gave me more weirdness in the past. cannot try telnet, it seems
not available on system.
You could try the default my.ini ?

On 2013-12-14 22:12, R.Gunther wrote:

> i would say create a new user with localhost as only optyion to
> connect and see if that works.
>
> On 2013-12-14 22:07, missyfitz wrote:
>> Ok, but still doesn't explain why port 3306 is refusing connections,
>> even
>> with Windows firewall disabled and 3rd party firewall (Agnitum Outpost)
>> completely uninstalled. Telnet to port 3306 gives connection refused,
>> and
>> HeidiSQL gives "ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'
>> (10060)"
>>
>> Even more confusing is that installing MySQL 5.1 works without a single
>> glitch on the same machine.
>>
>> Regarding the earlier suggestion re the my.ini file and
>> "skip-networking",
>> the only contents of my.ini currently are:
>>
>> [mysqld]
>> datadir=C:/Program Files/MariaDB 5.5/data
>> port=3306
>> sql_mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
>> default_storage_engine=innodb
>> innodb_buffer_pool_size=409M
>> innodb_log_file_size=50M
>> max_allowed_packet=60M
>> [client]
>> port=3306
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Diva-0-7-6-issues-with-config-and-MyWorld-ini-tp7580780p7580815.html
>> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> _______________________________________________
>> Opensim-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diva 0.7.6 issues with config and MyWorld.ini

missyfitz
I'll try one of the other .ini files this evening if I have a chance and see if they work, but I'm kind of doubting it. I see so many reports of this error in google searches and no definitive solution. It's frustrating.

(To enable telnet in Windows 7, go to Start \ Control Panel \ Programs and Features
Then select Turn Windows Features On or Off
Then select Telnet Client and click 'OK'
You should now be able to type 'telnet hostname port' from the command prompt)