Diva Distro: Groups & Cost to Create

Ravenmyst
Hello all,

I am having an issue with creating groups on my OpenSim grid.  I am using the most current release of the Diva Distro r16915, running my standalone in hypergrid mode on the Windows platform.

I have used multiple browsers (Ascent, Hypo, Firefox, Cool and the SL viewer) to attempt to create a group but to no avail.  The issue is this:

When I attempt to create a group, I keep receiving the message that it costs 100L to create the group.  Since my grid does not use money, I cannot create the group obviously.  How do I change this?

After some research, I made these additions/changes to the MyWorld.ini:

Added under  [Startup]

economymodule = BetaGridLikeMoneyModule

and added to the same file at the very bottom:

[Economy]
    ;; The economy module is not enabled by default and there is no easy,
    ;; menu controlled way to do this. To enabled this module, insert
    ;; economymodule = BetaGridLikeMoneyModule
    ;; into the startup section (at the top of this file).
    ;; Then configure the options below as needed.

    ;; Enables selling things for $0
    SellEnabled = "false"

    ;; Money Unit fee to upload textures, animations etc
    PriceUpload = 0

    ;; Money Unit fee to create groups
    PriceGroupCreate = 0

The following changes had no effect.  I just want to create a group! lol.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Raven

Re: Diva Distro: Groups & Cost to Create

Fleep Tuque
Hi Ravenmyst,

Group functionality doesn't work with the out-of-the-box opensim distribution.  You have to install a separate groups module in order to create and use groups.  (The same also applies to profiles, offline IMs, and search.)

Fortunately, Mimetic Core just put together a nice package of all four optional features based on existing modules, and I found it relatively straightforward to install.

Download the module package at:

See the discussion about the package at:

You can see the step-by-step process I followed to install it on a Windows/IIS system at the 11/19/11 entry:

Hope that helps and best of luck!

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

http://ucsim.uc.edu

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Ravenmyst <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Awe thanks!  That explains it ;-)

I will put this on my to do list this week.  Thank you for the abundant info and your timely response.

Rave