Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Hawkerhunt
Hi all,
Can anyone help with this, I've been at it for weeks on end on and off.
I upgraded a working Diva Distro from 0.6.9 to 0.7 with WiFi, and I'm having the strangest problem.

After migrating the database across from 0.6, I can't login any avatars. I get a fail from
[LLOGIN SERVICE] Login failed, reason: failed to verify identity.
Leading to that point, it all seems ok, the avatar is found, the password hash's match, it finds a region to put the avatar in.
The REMOTE SIMULATION CONNECTOR posts the CreateAgent request, but then the GATEKEEPER SERVICE reports unable to verify the identity.

Using Wifi, I can see my older avatars, and their inventories correctly, and I can create new avatars.
But even newly created avatars cannot login to the grid.

I've reinstalled from backups, and been through the various .ini's endlessly, but can't see what's going on.

Can anyone help?

Re: Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Diva Canto
That's a DNS problem. Are OpenSim and your viewer on the same machine?
If so, you may need to use your router's allocated IP address as loginuri.
For more information read the instructions, also found here:
https://github.com/diva/d2/wiki/DNS

On 11/25/2010 6:18 PM, Hawkerhunt wrote:

> Hi all,
> Can anyone help with this, I've been at it for weeks on end on and off.
> I upgraded a working Diva Distro from 0.6.9 to 0.7 with WiFi, and I'm having
> the strangest problem.
>
> After migrating the database across from 0.6, I can't login any avatars. I
> get a fail from
> [LLOGIN SERVICE] Login failed, reason: failed to verify identity.
> Leading to that point, it all seems ok, the avatar is found, the password
> hash's match, it finds a region to put the avatar in.
> The REMOTE SIMULATION CONNECTOR posts the CreateAgent request, but then the
> GATEKEEPER SERVICE reports unable to verify the identity.
>
> Using Wifi, I can see my older avatars, and their inventories correctly, and
> I can create new avatars.
> But even newly created avatars cannot login to the grid.
>
> I've reinstalled from backups, and been through the various .ini's
> endlessly, but can't see what's going on.
>
> Can anyone help?

Re: Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Hawkerhunt
Hi Diva,
No they are not on the same machine.
The grid has a domain name MorpheusGrid.com (that is what I use in the .ini), and has a static IP 93.97.175.138. The router has a NAT passthrough from this IP direct to the OPensim Server.
I test inside the home network, but it has an external looking IP of 93.97.175.135. (I have 8 static IP's to the router)
The USER AGENT SERVICE shows the request coming in from this .135 IP address.

I have asked others to try from outside , and they get the same results. They can create an avatar, but can't login to http://MorpheusGrid.com:8000. feel free to try it. The http://MorpheusGrid.com:8000/wifi works.

(I have set 8000 port just tonight, as I loaded a normal OSGrid opensim instance tonight using Port 9000, but the problem is port independent. All ports are passed to the server.)
I get the same failure if I use  http://93.97.173.138:8000 instead of MorpheusGrid.com

Re: Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Diva Canto
What -loginuri are you using in the viewer?
Things need to match. Don't mix domain names and IPs.

On 11/25/2010 6:52 PM, Hawkerhunt wrote:

> Hi Diva,
> No they are not on the same machine.
> The grid has a domain name MorpheusGrid.com (that is what I use in the
> .ini), and has a static IP 93.97.175.138. The router has a NAT passthrough
> from this IP direct to the OPensim Server.
> I test inside the home network, but it has an external looking IP of
> 93.97.175.135. (I have 8 static IP's to the router)
> The USER AGENT SERVICE shows the request coming in from this .135 IP
> address.
>
> I have asked others to try from outside , and they get the same results.
> They can create an avatar, but can't login to http://MorpheusGrid.com:8000.
> feel free to try it. The http://MorpheusGrid.com:8000/wifi works.
>
> (I have set 8000 port just tonight, as I loaded a normal OSGrid opensim
> instance tonight using Port 9000, but the problem is port independent. All
> ports are passed to the server.)
> I get the same failure if I use  http://93.97.173.138:8000 instead of
> MorpheusGrid.com

Re: Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Hawkerhunt
I'm using http://MorpheusGrid.com:8000 , although I have also tried the ip address. (imprudence viewer btw)

In the Opensim console, I can watch the login process taking place, it correctly finds my avatar in the database, and confirms that the password hashes are the same. I recognise my incoming ip address, and the IP address of the server it's directing the request to. Then it fails as described in an earlier post.

The viewer/router setup is unchanged from the Diva Distro 0.6.9 that I was sucessfully  running before the upgrade, and when I restore to a 0.6.9 backup , it all runs ok.

In my mind, the fact that the sim software connects to the database (through the robust services) , and sucessfully finds my avatar, and validates the password ok, implies that the various paths are made correctly.

One other point I noticed when playing further. When I login, the console says (approximately) "no default sim set, looking for a nearby sim", but I definitely have a default sim set in the .ini. ( Idon't mean this to confuse matters, but it might help knowing this)

Re: Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Diva Canto
I'm confused. "Diva Distro" is a standalone configuration. How come you
have your sims connecting to a Robust server? This looks like it's far
away from the standard diva distribution. Very likely you are missing
important configuration variables.

HG underwent a serious redesign for security between 0.6.9 and 0.7. Now
there are additional checks at login, and if you have DNS confusion, ot
if your configuration is incomplete/incorrect, things won't work.

On 11/26/2010 8:28 AM, Hawkerhunt wrote:

> I'm using http://MorpheusGrid.com:8000 , although I have also tried the ip
> address. (imprudence viewer btw)
>
> In the Opensim console, I can watch the login process taking place, it
> correctly finds my avatar in the database, and confirms that the password
> hashes are the same. I recognise my incoming ip address, and the IP address
> of the server it's directing the request to. Then it fails as described in
> an earlier post.
>
> The viewer/router setup is unchanged from the Diva Distro 0.6.9 that I was
> sucessfully  running before the upgrade, and when I restore to a 0.6.9
> backup , it all runs ok.
>
> In my mind, the fact that the sim software connects to the database (through
> the robust services) , and sucessfully finds my avatar, and validates the
> password ok, implies that the various paths are made correctly.
>
> One other point I noticed when playing further. When I login, the console
> says (approximately) "no default sim set, looking for a nearby sim", but I
> definitely have a default sim set in the .ini. ( Idon't mean this to confuse
> matters, but it might help knowing this)

Re: Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Hawkerhunt
ok, sorry,Maybe I confused things in my understanding of ROBUST.
It's a standard standalone Diva Disto, with the sole exception that I use ports 8000-8003.

I just made the rash assumption that it used a robust instance on the same host, as the interface to access the database, also on the same server. So , to clarify, it's all standard apart from the ports.
It was a straight upgrade from a 0.6.9 install that worked fine.

Re: Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

GarminKawaguichi
Just I believe something changed between 6 and 7 about UDP port ; check if
UDP 8000-8003 are open, not only TCP

GCI

> ok, sorry,Maybe I confused things in my understanding of ROBUST.
> It's a standard standalone Diva Disto, with the sole exception that I use
> ports 8000-8003.

Re: Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Hawkerhunt
I have a straight NAT routing on the router, all ports are passed completely at the moment.

Here's a console screen capture (from my office to my remote opensim server) if you have any suggestions.

http://screencast.com/t/eopO5xQvje

There's an odd line at 16:30:33 where the GATEKEEPER SERVICE verify's MorpheusGrid against itself, and then rejects my avatar.

Re: Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Diva Canto
Notice the line:
[GATEKEEPER SERVICE]: Verifying http://morpheusgrid.com:8000 against
http://MorpheusGrid.com:8000

I said this already: things need to match *exactly* at the moment. You
are mixing capitalization.

Domain names are meant to be case-insensitive, but that's not the case
here yet.

On 11/26/2010 9:22 AM, Hawkerhunt wrote:

> I have a straight NAT routing on the router, all ports are passed completely
> at the moment.
>
> Here's a console screen capture (from my office to my remote opensim server)
> if you have any suggestions.
>
> http://screencast.com/t/eopO5xQvje
>
> There's an odd line at 16:30:33 where the GATEKEEPER SERVICE verify's
> MorpheusGrid against itself, and then rejects my avatar.

Re: Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Hawkerhunt
Diva,

Thanks for your patience with this, and it's fixed now :-)

My capitalisation was correct, but I missed a key fact on Domain names.  I'm an RL programmer , stretching from Fortran (remember that?) to C++ these days, so I do take care in that respect. Unfortunately for this case,my skills are in real-time industrial automation, and not internet/web.

I ws not aware until you pointed me in the right direction, that domain names all revert to lower case.
I was using MorpheusGrid.com in the .ini's, and in the -loginuri, but of course, now I understand the MorpheusGrid.com entered into the viewer was reverting to morpheusgrid.com before the validation in opensim.

SO it all looked ok on the surface, but I was being beaten by my lack of understanding on how domain names were handled on the web.

Thanks again for the help.