Diva Distro does not work for me-alternatives please

Diva Distro does not work for me-alternatives please

Timeka Cobb
Hello all!

Ive been wrecking my brain and Ive come to the realization that this Diva
Distro also Wifi does not work for me. Ive tried to build on both a Linux
and Windows platform and nothing works. Do anyone know of an alternative or
is this really needed? Im building a conference center world and jut want
people to visit and use for business and educational purposes. Do I need an
account registration or can just get folks to use without registering?
Thanks for the help!

💗,
Timeka Cobb

Re: Diva Distro does not work for me-alternatives please

Sean Hennessee-2
Timeka,
I have had good luck using the OutWorldZ DreamGrid on my Win7 desktop.
https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_installer/Grid/DreamGrid.zip
I have only used it on my home LAN, but it is made to work on the open
internet with hypergrid. It comes with a lot of documentation too. It
includes everything needed to run the grid including installing,
configuring and running MySQL
It has a GUI for loading OARs and IARs and automatically configures backups
for you.
~Sean

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 12:50 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Ive been wrecking my brain and Ive come to the realization that this Diva
> Distro also Wifi does not work for me. Ive tried to build on both a Linux
> and Windows platform and nothing works. Do anyone know of an alternative or
> is this really needed? Im building a conference center world and jut want
> people to visit and use for business and educational purposes. Do I need an
> account registration or can just get folks to use without registering?
> Thanks for the help!
>
> 💗,
> Timeka Cobb

Re: Diva Distro does not work for me-alternatives please

Timeka Cobb
Thank you Sir @Sean for the repsonse💛

When I first started I used Dreamgrid and its wonderful but I wanted to
create something from scratch so I went to OS. I have no issues with OS
I've built my world in that perfectly it's just the DD. I'm trying to
figure out how the folks that have used it got it to work?

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019, 4:01 PM Sean Hennessee <[hidden email] wrote:

> Timeka,
> I have had good luck using the OutWorldZ DreamGrid on my Win7 desktop.
> https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_installer/Grid/DreamGrid.zip
> I have only used it on my home LAN, but it is made to work on the open
> internet with hypergrid. It comes with a lot of documentation too. It
> includes everything needed to run the grid including installing,
> configuring and running MySQL
> It has a GUI for loading OARs and IARs and automatically configures backups
> for you.
> ~Sean
>

> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 12:50 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello all!
> >
> > Ive been wrecking my brain and Ive come to the realization that this Diva
> > Distro also Wifi does not work for me. Ive tried to build on both a Linux
> > and Windows platform and nothing works. Do anyone know of an alternative
> or
> > is this really needed? Im building a conference center world and jut want
> > people to visit and use for business and educational purposes. Do I need
> an
> > account registration or can just get folks to use without registering?
> > Thanks for the help!
> >
> > 💗,
> > Timeka Cobb

Re: Diva Distro does not work for me-alternatives please

Sean Hennessee-2
Timeka,

In my experience from 11 years ago when I was setting up regions in OSgrid
and other testing regions for my job, the *firewall settings* tended to be
what prevented things from working correctly, (once I figured out how to
compile and run everything correctly). At the time I was using a RedHat
linux server. I would often turn off the firewall just to see if it worked
for a bit, then figure out what ports I forgot to open and try it again. I
eventually got it all working okay.

Currently, I only have my home network which is behind a NAT controlled by
my ISP, as well as my own NAT on my own router (i.e. double NATed). So, I
have no chance of putting any of my grid on the full internet.

I did have DivaDistro working here on my home network, but I don't think I
ever bothered to go into Wifi. I just used the command line interface to do
whatever I needed. And I also had to debug the firewall settings for this
too.

Not sure if any of that helped. Good luck with your attempts.

~Sean

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 1:18 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Sir @Sean for the repsonse💛
>
> When I first started I used Dreamgrid and its wonderful but I wanted to
> create something from scratch so I went to OS. I have no issues with OS
> I've built my world in that perfectly it's just the DD. I'm trying to
> figure out how the folks that have used it got it to work?
>
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019, 4:01 PM Sean Hennessee <[hidden email]
> wrote:
>
> > Timeka,
> > I have had good luck using the OutWorldZ DreamGrid on my Win7 desktop.
> > https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_installer/Grid/DreamGrid.zip
> > I have only used it on my home LAN, but it is made to work on the open
> > internet with hypergrid. It comes with a lot of documentation too. It
> > includes everything needed to run the grid including installing,
> > configuring and running MySQL
> > It has a GUI for loading OARs and IARs and automatically configures
> backups
> > for you.
> > ~Sean
> >

> > On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 12:50 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all!
> > >
> > > Ive been wrecking my brain and Ive come to the realization that this
> Diva
> > > Distro also Wifi does not work for me. Ive tried to build on both a
> Linux
> > > and Windows platform and nothing works. Do anyone know of an
> alternative
> > or
> > > is this really needed? Im building a conference center world and jut
> want
> > > people to visit and use for business and educational purposes. Do I
> need
> > an
> > > account registration or can just get folks to use without registering?
> > > Thanks for the help!
> > >
> > > 💗,
> > > Timeka Cobb

Re: Diva Distro does not work for me-alternatives please

Timeka Cobb
It helped greatly😊

I got an Ubuntu VPS and tried to install their but couldn't..was told that
certain ports wasn't open so I just reached out to  my web host so they can
open them. I tried on Windows in localhost but fail through. I'm going to
try again on my VPS after I get a response and see if it helps!

💙💚

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019, 4:36 PM Sean Hennessee <[hidden email] wrote:

> Timeka,
>
> In my experience from 11 years ago when I was setting up regions in OSgrid
> and other testing regions for my job, the *firewall settings* tended to be
> what prevented things from working correctly, (once I figured out how to
> compile and run everything correctly). At the time I was using a RedHat
> linux server. I would often turn off the firewall just to see if it worked
> for a bit, then figure out what ports I forgot to open and try it again. I
> eventually got it all working okay.
>
> Currently, I only have my home network which is behind a NAT controlled by
> my ISP, as well as my own NAT on my own router (i.e. double NATed). So, I
> have no chance of putting any of my grid on the full internet.
>
> I did have DivaDistro working here on my home network, but I don't think I
> ever bothered to go into Wifi. I just used the command line interface to do
> whatever I needed. And I also had to debug the firewall settings for this
> too.
>
> Not sure if any of that helped. Good luck with your attempts.
>
> ~Sean
>

> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 1:18 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thank you Sir @Sean for the repsonse💛
> >
> > When I first started I used Dreamgrid and its wonderful but I wanted to
> > create something from scratch so I went to OS. I have no issues with OS
> > I've built my world in that perfectly it's just the DD. I'm trying to
> > figure out how the folks that have used it got it to work?
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 9, 2019, 4:01 PM Sean Hennessee <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Timeka,
> > > I have had good luck using the OutWorldZ DreamGrid on my Win7 desktop.
> > > https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_installer/Grid/DreamGrid.zip
> > > I have only used it on my home LAN, but it is made to work on the open
> > > internet with hypergrid. It comes with a lot of documentation too. It
> > > includes everything needed to run the grid including installing,
> > > configuring and running MySQL
> > > It has a GUI for loading OARs and IARs and automatically configures
> > backups
> > > for you.
> > > ~Sean

> > Diva
> > Linux
> > alternative
> > > or
> > want
> > need
> > > an
> registering?

Re: Diva Distro does not work for me-alternatives please

Sean Hennessee-2
Timeka,

I agree wholeheartedly with Fred about Dreamgrid! I now use it instead of
DD because of the ease of creating new regions, loading OARs and IARs,
starting and stopping individual regions; it's all easier.

I have some more info that might help you.

I checked my copy of Diva Distro, and it is working fine, including the
Wifi web interface on my Win7 laptop. I checked this using Chrome and
Firestorm on my Mac desktop on my home LAN. So, this is not just localhost,
it was tested over my local LAN on a 10.0.1.* network.
The wifi URL I used is: http://10.0.1.37:9000/wifi/
The grid URI I used is: http://10.0.1.37:9000/

Looking at my firewall settings on Win7, these are what I noticed were
added:
Ports open:
for Diva Distro: 9000 TCP, 9000-9010 UDP in/out
for DreamGrid: 8000-8100 TCP in/out

I also used the Windoze firewall to add an exception for opensim.exe to
allow all UDP & TCP traffic going to/from that program.

If attaching a pic works, it shows my Firestorm config for connecting to DD.

Hope that helps.

~Sean

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 1:50 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It helped greatly😊
>
> I got an Ubuntu VPS and tried to install their but couldn't..was told that
> certain ports wasn't open so I just reached out to  my web host so they can
> open them. I tried on Windows in localhost but fail through. I'm going to
> try again on my VPS after I get a response and see if it helps!
>
> 💙💚
>
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019, 4:36 PM Sean Hennessee <[hidden email]
> wrote:
>
> > Timeka,
> >
> > In my experience from 11 years ago when I was setting up regions in
> OSgrid
> > and other testing regions for my job, the *firewall settings* tended to
> be
> > what prevented things from working correctly, (once I figured out how to
> > compile and run everything correctly). At the time I was using a RedHat
> > linux server. I would often turn off the firewall just to see if it
> worked
> > for a bit, then figure out what ports I forgot to open and try it again.
> > eventually got it all working okay.
> >
> > Currently, I only have my home network which is behind a NAT controlled
> by
> > my ISP, as well as my own NAT on my own router (i.e. double NATed). So, I
> > have no chance of putting any of my grid on the full internet.
> >
> > I did have DivaDistro working here on my home network, but I don't think
> > ever bothered to go into Wifi. I just used the command line interface to
> do
> > whatever I needed. And I also had to debug the firewall settings for this
> > too.
> >
> > Not sure if any of that helped. Good luck with your attempts.
> >
> > ~Sean
> >

> > On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 1:18 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you Sir @Sean for the repsonse💛
> > >
> > > When I first started I used Dreamgrid and its wonderful but I wanted to
> > > create something from scratch so I went to OS. I have no issues with OS
> > > I've built my world in that perfectly it's just the DD. I'm trying to
> > > figure out how the folks that have used it got it to work?

> desktop.
> open
> > > backups

> this
> > > Diva
> > > Linux
> > > alternative
> jut
> > > want
> > > need
> > registering?

Re: Diva Distro does not work for me-alternatives please

Timeka Cobb
Thank you again @Sean💚!

I have ports 9000, 8002, 8003 for OpenSim. I think the issue was they
weren't open. I did reach out to Diva Canto to get her take on things as
well. I have an Ubuntu VPS but think of changing it to Windows even though
I can easily install OS on Ubuntu. May give it a try.

As far as Dreamgrid..it was extremely easy to maneuver..just download,
unzip, and run router/exe.file! Actually I'm a fan of his work no only for
the ease but for the array of oar files some of which I've used before😊

Me Im seeking a challenge so I chose to do from scratch but I have no
problem trying DG again💗

On Jan 9, 2019 8:17 PM, "Sean Hennessee" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> > > Thank you Sir @Sean for the repsonse💛
> > >
> > > When I first started I used Dreamgrid and its wonderful but I wanted
> > > create something from scratch so I went to OS. I have no issues with
OS

> > > I've built my world in that perfectly it's just the DD. I'm trying to
> > > figure out how the folks that have used it got it to work?

> desktop.
> open
It

> > > backups

> this
> > > Diva
> > > Linux
> > > alternative
> jut
> > > want

> > > need
> > registering?

Re: Diva Distro does not work for me-alternatives please

Drang Po
i'm on Ubuntu 18.04 server and am useing
http://opensimulator.org/dist/opensim-0.9.0.1.tar.gz and my wifi works
fine.  http://www.kalasiddhigrid.com:8002/wifi/index.html

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 6:44 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > worked
> > > for a bit, then figure out what ports I forgot to open and try it
> again.
> > > eventually got it all working okay.
> > >
> > > Currently, I only have my home network which is behind a NAT controlled
> > by
> > > my ISP, as well as my own NAT on my own router (i.e. double NATed). So,
> > > have no chance of putting any of my grid on the full internet.
> > >
> > > I did have DivaDistro working here on my home network, but I don't
> think
> > > ever bothered to go into Wifi. I just used the command line interface
> > do
> > > whatever I needed. And I also had to debug the firewall settings for
> this
> > > too.
> > >
> > > Not sure if any of that helped. Good luck with your attempts.

Kalasiddhi Grid Co-Coordinator

HG: kalasiddhigrid.com:8002
Web: http://www.kalasiddhigrid.com
Buddhism in Virtual Reality

Drang Po

Re: Diva Distro does not work for me-alternatives please

Timeka Cobb
@Drang I see yours is working great..Im jealous..so how did u get them to
connect? What wifi version did u use and where did u place it for it to run?