Diva Distro newbie question

Drew Hart
I did look around, didn't see an answer - sorry about such a basic question.  But where do I put the bin and do I keep the contents in the bin file folder.  I am using a domain - let's say mydomain.com solely for the diva distro (and I want to use wifi and everything along with the diva), so do I put bin in the root, so I would run mydomain.com/bin/opensim.exe to get started, or do I want to run mydomain.com/opensim.exe and put the contents in the root without the folder.  Many thanks in advance and sorry if I missed the answer somewhere.

Drew

Re: Diva Distro newbie question

David P. Giffen-2

You don’t need to put the bin anywhere special and leave the please leave  all the contents in the bin directory (if you don’t diva/Opensim will break). Once you have it started it will listen on the port you have setup (The default is Port 9000) and wait for connections. The most difficult part a newbie might have is setting up MySQL. If you have any question let us know.

I did look around, didn't see an answer - sorry about such a basic question.  But where do I put the bin and do I keep the contents in the bin file folder.  I am using a domain - let's say mydomain.com solely for the diva distro (and I want to use wifi and everything along with the diva), so do I put bin in the root, so I would run mydomain.com/bin/opensim.exe to get started, or do I want to run mydomain.com/opensim.exe and put the contents in the root without the folder.  Many thanks in advance and sorry if I missed the answer somewhere.

Drew

Avast logo