Diva - Problem after update

Isis Ophelia
Platform: Windows 8.1 x64 - Updated to Windows 10
Mowes (apache, php,mysql) + Diva
Update from diva-r25950 to diva-r08200 + update to diva-r08210

Problem #1: Hypergridders can't visit anymore. Worked before the update

Procedure:
a) update.exe =  Diva updated files
b) Windows Firewall = Adjusted Inbound rules to point to --> diva-r08210 --> Opensim.exe
c) MyWorld.ini = [GatekeeperService] ForeignAgentsAllowed = true

Started Mowes = Apache and MySQL servers running
Started Diva, Opensim.exe = OK
Login to my Standalone with Singularity = OK
Hyper-teleporting to Digiworldz, Metropolis and OsGrid = OK

Problem #2: I had to change Dyndns service

Procedure:
a) Myworld.ini - replaced all old dyndns domain with new domain
b) Regions.ini - replaced in all regions, the old dyndns domain with new domain
c) Using Diva configure.exe to replace the old domain

Name of your world: Luna Local
MySql database host: [localhost] return
MySql database schema name: [opensim] return
MySql database user account: [opensim] return
MySql database password for that account: mypassword
Your external domain name (preferred) or IP address: luna.sytes.net
This installation is going to run on
 [1] .NET/Windows
 [2] *ix/Mono
Choose 1 or 2 [1]: 1

Restarted Diva. Hyperteleported to other grids. Others see the old domain arcanavirtual.no-ip.me
The old domain is besides my name, when I type in chat.
Cleared cache. My Alt in digiworldz cleared cache too
Reloging both accounts: My alt sees the old domain floating over my avatar.

I don't know what else to do to solve both problems and will be grateful for any advice and suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Isis Ophelia

Re: Diva - Problem after update

Unadecal Arado
Disable Windows Firewall service in Services. Windows Firewall should never be active for a server configuration of this type.

I'm pretty certain that the domain name also exists in the Diva database, so if you really want everyone to see your new dyndns domain next to your name, you will have to access the database and change it manually. If you do this, you run the risk of breaking your asset server. I am currently trying to access my ROBUST database to ascertain this, but PHPMyadmin is unresponsive ((17GB+ database), may have to use the Mysql command prompt tool to verify.

On 30 December 2015 at 09:38, Isis Ophelia <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

As I suspected, the ROBUST database stores the domain name of home users and visiting users next to their uuids in several places. In at least two tables. I run ROBUST in my grid, but I suspect that Diva (I will defer to her to answer this) and the OSGrid database implementations are very similar.

For users within your grid, ROBUST stores their details including full domain in the useraccounts table:Inline images 1

So you will have to change those. IF YOU DARE make changes manually to your database, WHICH IS NEVER recommended.

For avatars visiting from the HG, ROBUST stores their details including full domain name in the gridusers table

Inline images 2

If you do make manual changes to your useraccounts table, the grids you visit may see you as a new visitor and display your new domain. It is entirely possible that they will recognise you as the old domain based solely on your UUID, and the old domain will still be displayed. A third likely possibility is that the gatekeeper of the grid you are visiting won't like the change, will take you for an impostor and bar you from entering. I am hypothesising here and need input from someone who is familiar with the internals, but these are the things you need to be weary of when making such changes, which, as I said, IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

If you do decide to do this, make sure you have copies of the mysql data files in case you need to roll back your edits afterwards.

I hope this helps. You may find it easier to just go back to your old DynDNS. You should consider it.

Unadecal

On 30 December 2015 at 14:39, Unadecal Arado <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you for your answer Unadecal :)
Actually the diva configure.exe should care of the change of the dyndns because when run, it asks for the domain. I assumed giving the new domain would replace the old one in diva database, Maybe the old domain is still in Mysql database, but I have no idea what to type in the mysql console to check it out.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Unadecal Arado <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

VirtuallyHuman
Did you ever resolve this. I suspect I'm having a similar problem after a server migration. Was it that you needed to update the server references in the database manually?

--Allen

Re: Diva - Problem after update

VirtuallyHuman
So no luck with that approach. The basic behavior is as if ForeignAgentsAllowed = true
was set to ForeignAgentsAllowed = false. I've grepped the variable - it is definitely only set to true.