Do you want to easily copy your SL Avatar to Opensim?

Do you want to easily copy your SL Avatar to Opensim?

JaniP
Hi,

I just wrote how to do it:

Best regards,
Jani

Re: Do you want to easily copy your SL Avatar to Opensim?

Paul Johnson-2
Jani Pirkola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wrote how to do it:
> Transfer your SL Avatar appearance to Opensim
> <http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932>
> http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932

Is there a not-client-specific way of doing this?

Re: Do you want to easily copy your SL Avatar to Opensim?

JaniP
no, only client can do it from SL. From opensim it should be possible to extract the information some other way too, if someone makes a bit of code...

2009/3/4 Paul Johnson <[hidden email]>
Jani Pirkola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wrote how to do it:
> Transfer your SL Avatar appearance to Opensim
> <http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932>
> http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932

Is there a not-client-specific way of doing this?

Re: Do you want to easily copy your SL Avatar to Opensim?

Jabba Gruppman
Is there any opportunity to do the same using the TestClient of
libsecondlife / libopenmv ?

Jani Pirkola schrieb:

> no, only client can do it from SL. From opensim it should be possible
> to extract the information some other way too, if someone makes a bit
> of code...
>
> 2009/3/4 Paul Johnson <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Jani Pirkola wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I just wrote how to do it:
>     > Transfer your SL Avatar appearance to Opensim
>     > <http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932>
>     > http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932
>
>     Is there a not-client-specific way of doing this?

Re: Do you want to easily copy your SL Avatar to Opensim?

Impalah Shenzhou
Sounds like copybot :-P (sorry, I don't want to say you are one of the "bad guys")

The Jani's solution is perfect, it only allows to export "mod" properties. Beyond this it can fall under copyright breakdowns, dmca and all that dirty things.

Jani Pirkola schrieb:
> no, only client can do it from SL. From opensim it should be possible
> to extract the information some other way too, if someone makes a bit
> of code...
>
> 2009/3/4 Paul Johnson <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Jani Pirkola wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I just wrote how to do it:
>     > Transfer your SL Avatar appearance to Opensim
>     > <http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932>
>     > http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932
>
>     Is there a not-client-specific way of doing this?

Re: Do you want to easily copy your SL Avatar to Opensim?

Jabba Gruppman
As Jani's solution is open source too, you might have the same problems
with copyright violations
if someone goes a bit into the code and recompiles. The answer is always
the same: Reasonable
and respectful usage of the tools that MIGHT violate legal rights of
others is a must...

Anyway, it seems that I mixed up realXtend with another commercial
(pay-for) product.
I'll give Jani's solution a try...

Impalah schrieb:

> Sounds like copybot :-P (sorry, I don't want to say you are one of the
> "bad guys")
>
> The Jani's solution is perfect, it only allows to export "mod"
> properties. Beyond this it can fall under copyright breakdowns, dmca
> and all that dirty things.
>

> 2009/3/4 Jabba Gruppman <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Is there any opportunity to do the same using the TestClient of
>     libsecondlife / libopenmv ?
>
>     Jani Pirkola schrieb:
>     > no, only client can do it from SL. From opensim it should be
>     possible
>     > to extract the information some other way too, if someone makes
>     a bit
>     > of code...
>     >
>     > 2009/3/4 Paul Johnson <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>
>     >
>     >     Jani Pirkola wrote:
>     >     > Hi,
>     >     >
>     >     > I just wrote how to do it:
>     >     > Transfer your SL Avatar appearance to Opensim
>     >     > <http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932>
>     >     > http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932
>     >
>     >     Is there a not-client-specific way of doing this?

Re: Do you want to easily copy your SL Avatar to Opensim?

John Hopkin
Jani Pirkola wrote:

>Hi,
>I just wrote how to do it:
>Transfer your SL Avatar appearance to
>Opensim<http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932>
>http://www.cybertechnews.org/?p=932
>
>Best regards,
>Jani

As far as actual avatar appearance goes, is this any different to just
jotting down all the numbers in the "Body Parts" sections of
"Appearance" and typing them back into the target system?
--
John Hopkin

Re: Do you want to easily copy your SL Avatar to Opensim?

Dr Scofield
Jabba Gruppman wrote:
> As Jani's solution is open source too, you might have the same problems
> with copyright violations
> if someone goes a bit into the code and recompiles.

well...anyone with enough libomv skills can do that.

--
dr dirk husemann ---- virtual worlds research ---- ibm zurich research lab
SL: dr scofield ---- [hidden email] ---- http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/