Does Display name work in OpenSim?

aiaustin
Is it possible to set and use "display names" in OpenSim... and if so
where can it be set?  In some viewer somewhere or does it need a web
interface to allow this?

Re: Does Display name work in OpenSim?

InuYasha Meiji
Being that I am not one of the programmers I can't say whether or not it
is going to be in future builds, I certainly hope it will be, but we
don't have that feature as of yet.  The code is in many viewers, I use
Firestorm and it has it. I can use display names when logged into SL,
but the option don't appear in Opensim.

InuYasha.

On 4/21/2013 6:06 AM, Ai Austin wrote:
> Is it possible to set and use "display names" in OpenSim... and if so
> where can it be set?  In some viewer somewhere or does it need a web
> interface to allow this?

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).

Re: Does Display name work in OpenSim?

Gary Beck
It's listed as "not yet implemented" here:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Feature_Matrix