Enabling Groups V2 module doesn't create tables

Enabling Groups V2 module doesn't create tables

Francesco Antonetti Lamorgese Passeri
Hi all,

I have a strange issue: i'm running my own grid for a while. It's all
fully functional, and seems correctly setup (followed the wiki
step-by-step). Now i'm trying to setup the groups module (with Groups V2
module), following the guide on the wiki
(http://opensimulator.org/wiki/V2_Groups). I run my grid in Hypergrid
enabled grid mode, and I run Robust on one computer, and the Sim
(OpenSim.exe) on another one. All Robust services and MySQL database run
on the first computer. The issue is that in MySQL database there's no
table for the Groups V2 module, and they've been not created by the
module... any idea on what could it be? What other info may help you to
understand my issue better?

Thank you ;)

Kind regards :)

Re: Enabling Groups V2 module doesn't create tables

AJLDuarte
Hi

     Even yesterday i created a new test grid in linux, with mariadb and
all worked fine, including groups V2

     Please review the configuration files.

     Also see if any error show up about that, so we can a better idea
of what is going on..

Ubit

On 31-Oct-19 12:56, Francesco Antonetti Lamorgese Passeri wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange issue: i'm running my own grid for a while. It's all
> fully functional, and seems correctly setup (followed the wiki
> step-by-step). Now i'm trying to setup the groups module (with Groups V2
> module), following the guide on the wiki
> (http://opensimulator.org/wiki/V2_Groups). I run my grid in Hypergrid
> enabled grid mode, and I run Robust on one computer, and the Sim
> (OpenSim.exe) on another one. All Robust services and MySQL database run
> on the first computer. The issue is that in MySQL database there's no
> table for the Groups V2 module, and they've been not created by the
> module... any idea on what could it be? What other info may help you to
> understand my issue better?
>
> Thank you ;)
>
> Kind regards :)

Re: Enabling Groups V2 module doesn't create tables

Haravikk

> On 31 Oct 2019, at 12:56, Francesco Antonetti Lamorgese Passeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange issue: i'm running my own grid for a while. It's all
> fully functional, and seems correctly setup (followed the wiki
> step-by-step). Now i'm trying to setup the groups module (with Groups V2
> module), following the guide on the wiki
> (http://opensimulator.org/wiki/V2_Groups). I run my grid in Hypergrid
> enabled grid mode, and I run Robust on one computer, and the Sim
> (OpenSim.exe) on another one. All Robust services and MySQL database run
> on the first computer. The issue is that in MySQL database there's no
> table for the Groups V2 module, and they've been not created by the
> module... any idea on what could it be? What other info may help you to
> understand my issue better?
>
> Thank you ;)
>
> Kind regards :)

If you're confident you've followed the steps correctly, have you checked that the database user you're using has the CREATE privilege (i.e- can create new tables)? It's not a privilege you might normally think to grant for day-to-day use, but is needed when setting up or upgrading.

Re: Enabling Groups V2 module doesn't create tables

Francesco Antonetti Lamorgese Passeri
Thank you Leal and Haravikk.

> Il 31/10/19 18:40, Haravikk ha scritto:

> If you're confident you've followed the steps correctly, have you
checked that the database user you're using has the CREATE privilege
(i.e- can create new tables)? It's not a privilege you might normally
think to grant for day-to-day use, but is needed when setting up or
upgrading.

OK, checked for permissions, and the user had CREATE privilege on the
opensimulator database.

--

> Il 31/10/19 17:22, Leal Duarte ha scritto:
> Hi
>
>    Even yesterday i created a new test grid in linux, with mariadb and
all worked fine, including groups V2

>    Please review the configuration files.
>
>    Also see if any error show up about that, so we can a better idea
of what is going on..

> Ubit

At this point i think i wrote something wrong in configuration files and
i'm not able to recognize it. I attach my config file (i hid some data,
like passwords, with '***), maybe you could help me to find the error.

I apologie in advance if attachments are not allowed...

Thank you

Re: Enabling Groups V2 module doesn't create tables

Francesco Antonetti Lamorgese Passeri
Thx